Author Topic: 2024: What Are You Collecting?  (Read 179537 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2015: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Justin, with no news of kubricks, it's hard to include those.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Justin, with no news of kubricks, it's hard to include those.

I don't have Kubes in my list, do I?  I would collect those if they ever made any more.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2013: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2015, 09:57 PM »
At this point, dust.

At the moment, dust.

Do you have any pics to share?  Are you keeping it in jars or just letting it collect naturally around the room?  How do you keep your cats from rolling around in it?

All natural...  Starting to look like a snowdrift.   I like the artistic statement it makes on the state of collecting as a whole.  It is the collection we all amass.    Although one sneeze and it's all a disaster. 

The cat merely contributes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Looking at what was seen (or not seen) at Toy Fair, it looks like things are holding up the same for me.  If it wasn't for the barrage of Marvel Legends on the way, I think it would be a pretty cheap/slow year until the Force Awakens stuff hits.  Very little Star Wars from now until Fall, and I'm trying to focus in any other areas.  I'll try to keep up with the Legends as best I can, pick up any OT offerings in the Black Series (both scales) that we see, and hopefully get a few LEGOs as well (Star Wars OT, Marvel).

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 9, 2015, 03:32 PM »
I accidentally started collecting Mattel JLU animated after coming across a bunch at a yard sale for 25 cents each.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2016: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #305 on: January 8, 2016, 02:22 PM »
Its that time of the year again.  I always like to update this to see what everyone is looking forward to this year.  I'm continuing to try to focus in on my collecting, at least as much as possible, and narrow down the number of different lines.  Looks very similar to the last few years:

Star Wars

Black Series 6" - All OT characters, all TFA characters, likely any Rebels characters.  PT on case by case.

Black Series 3 3/4" - If it continues at WM, I'm in for new stuff here too, again focusing on OT/TFA.

Basic Line (5 POA) - I'll continue on with TFA characters, and wait to see what else is included in 2016.

Marvel

Marvel Legends (6") - I've been pretty complete on these in recent years, I'll likely continue.  Lots of good stuff here lately.  As far as the 3 3/4" line (which I guess is also called Legends now), I'll pick and choose.  The price has climbed on these so much, it is tough to pay $13 or more for each of these (especially when doing it with Star Wars as well).

LEGO

I don't know if it is so much "collecting", but this is an area I share with our daughter just building all the sets and making our own little LEGO world.  She is way into TFA so we'll likely try to pick those sets up.  I like to focus on the OT sets, but am a little behind on sets from 2015 already.  Also buy some of the Marvel sets, and the odd other one off here or there.  Hope to continue, as LEGO - while pricey - sure is a lot of fun.

Otherwise, that's probably about it.  I may dip into some DC stuff here or there, we'll see.  I noticed reading online today that Mattel is going to have a "DC Multiverse" 6" line at retail, including stuff from TV like Flash/Arrow, as well as the movie and comic stuff, some of those might tempt.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #306 on: January 8, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Acid Rain World figures & vehicles

Hiya Toys' Aliens: Colonial Marines 3.75" line

Star Wars 3.75" (such as it is).

Not much else...  Financially speaking that is ample.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 8, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Star Wars:

- Hasbro 3.75 inch: Mostly Black Series and the occasional 5POA army builder.
- Hasbro 6 inch: Pretty much anything that catches my eye, mostly OT stuff and some TFA stuff. Will probably nab Jango Fett too.
- Japanese 6 inch: I've fallen in love with the Bandai SH Figuarts line. They're coming out with a bunch of stuff next year too, a lot of prequel stuff which I don't want, but it looks so good so maybe if I'm in a frivolous mood I'll grab Windu and AOTC 3PO and such. But I'd mainly like to keep it to OT. I also have the Medicom MAFEX stuff on preorder at HLJ, which right now is Boba Fett, 3PO/R2 and the First Order Riot Trooper. I think the Revoltech line is done, which is alright because those figures were pretty goofy outside of R2 and 3PO.

LEGO:

- Star Wars OT, occasional Marvel sets, DC sets, and anything else that tickles my fancy (Ghostbusters HQ I doubt I'll ever be able to afford)

DC Collectibles:
- Batman The Animated Series 6 inch: I have 4 figures already and want more! I wish they sold these by the case, but they're cheap enough on Amazon that I think I can afford spending $20 every few weeks for a new one. I also want the Batmobile.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 8, 2016, 10:47 PM »
Can't believe I forgot to mention it, but I'm also collecting the Batman:TAS stuff. I was doing it a wave at a time, but now pick them up as I can afford. Love the show, and the figures have been pretty great so far.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 9, 2016, 10:33 PM »
Pretty much nothing.   :-\  Marvel Universe 3.75" is about all I buy these days and I'm up to date until a new wave comes out. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2016, 01:01 AM »
Booze, pemmican and permafrost.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2016, 01:27 AM »
Booze, pemmican and permafrost.

Emphatic yes; preparing more than collecting; climate change is ruining that  :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2016, 09:00 AM »
I can literally cut and paste my list from last year I think:

STAR WARS: All Black Series 6"
                              All Rebels 3&3/4" stuff (if any ever comes out)

WALKING DEAD: Anything from the TV Series line
                                    Anything from the 10" line
                                   Anything from the building line

PACIFIC RIM:  Anything from the 18" line
                                 Anything from the 7" line

FUNKO REACTION: Not sure if these guys are on hiatus or what, but i'm still in depending on the property...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2017: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #313 on: July 5, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Guess I haven't updated this in awhile, anyone's collecting habits changing these days? Honestly, although I still pick up plenty, I have found myself scaling back a bit more. Budget has something to do with it, but primarily it is a space issue. I went through the collection room a couple months ago (in addition to having a garage sale), and tried to get a more clean looking display - which lead to a lot of stuff being stored as well.

As far as what I'm collecting this year....it's primarily:

Star Wars
Still going on most of the 3 3/4" stuff, the slow trickle it has been. But, I also don't get as stressed about it anymore. Still haven't gotten a hold of that Thrawn/Raddus wave, but I find myself being more "meh" about it now. Don't feel like paying double or triple for 5 POA stuff. That being said, looking forward to the Last Jedi stuff and the return of TVC next year. Buy some 6" as well, specifically all the OT ones. Vehicles/beasts on a case by case. If it is new or improved from the OT (or ST) I'm likely in.

Marvel
Pretty much all in with Legends. They've been largely amazing, but really come out at a crazy pace anymore - which gets pricey. Pretty much given up on the 3 3/4" stuff.

Other than an OT Lego set here and there or the odd Funko POP, that's about it for me. There are times I think about cutting back more and focusing on vintage stuff too. I still don't have a complete run from that line, and wouldn't mind getting into beasts, vehicles and playsets too.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2017: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #314 on: July 7, 2017, 07:19 PM »
Not sure the last time I commented in here but I am only buy 1/6 Hot Toys figures (occasional Sideshow figure sprinkled in). I am finally out of everything else and it feels pretty good.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"