Community > Other Toy Lines

2024: What Are You Collecting?

<< < (62/78) > >>

Brian:
Its that time of the year again.  I always like to update this to see what everyone is looking forward to this year.  I'm continuing to try to focus in on my collecting, at least as much as possible, and narrow down the number of different lines.  Looks very similar to the last few years:

Star Wars

Black Series 6" - All OT characters, all TFA characters, likely any Rebels characters.  PT on case by case.

Black Series 3 3/4" - If it continues at WM, I'm in for new stuff here too, again focusing on OT/TFA.

Basic Line (5 POA) - I'll continue on with TFA characters, and wait to see what else is included in 2016.

Marvel

Marvel Legends (6") - I've been pretty complete on these in recent years, I'll likely continue.  Lots of good stuff here lately.  As far as the 3 3/4" line (which I guess is also called Legends now), I'll pick and choose.  The price has climbed on these so much, it is tough to pay $13 or more for each of these (especially when doing it with Star Wars as well).

LEGO

I don't know if it is so much "collecting", but this is an area I share with our daughter just building all the sets and making our own little LEGO world.  She is way into TFA so we'll likely try to pick those sets up.  I like to focus on the OT sets, but am a little behind on sets from 2015 already.  Also buy some of the Marvel sets, and the odd other one off here or there.  Hope to continue, as LEGO - while pricey - sure is a lot of fun.

Otherwise, that's probably about it.  I may dip into some DC stuff here or there, we'll see.  I noticed reading online today that Mattel is going to have a "DC Multiverse" 6" line at retail, including stuff from TV like Flash/Arrow, as well as the movie and comic stuff, some of those might tempt.

Jesse James:
Acid Rain World figures & vehicles

Hiya Toys' Aliens: Colonial Marines 3.75" line

Star Wars 3.75" (such as it is).

Not much else...  Financially speaking that is ample.

Diddly:
Star Wars:

- Hasbro 3.75 inch: Mostly Black Series and the occasional 5POA army builder.
- Hasbro 6 inch: Pretty much anything that catches my eye, mostly OT stuff and some TFA stuff. Will probably nab Jango Fett too.
- Japanese 6 inch: I've fallen in love with the Bandai SH Figuarts line. They're coming out with a bunch of stuff next year too, a lot of prequel stuff which I don't want, but it looks so good so maybe if I'm in a frivolous mood I'll grab Windu and AOTC 3PO and such. But I'd mainly like to keep it to OT. I also have the Medicom MAFEX stuff on preorder at HLJ, which right now is Boba Fett, 3PO/R2 and the First Order Riot Trooper. I think the Revoltech line is done, which is alright because those figures were pretty goofy outside of R2 and 3PO.

LEGO:

- Star Wars OT, occasional Marvel sets, DC sets, and anything else that tickles my fancy (Ghostbusters HQ I doubt I'll ever be able to afford)

DC Collectibles:
- Batman The Animated Series 6 inch: I have 4 figures already and want more! I wish they sold these by the case, but they're cheap enough on Amazon that I think I can afford spending $20 every few weeks for a new one. I also want the Batmobile.

Brian:
Can't believe I forgot to mention it, but I'm also collecting the Batman:TAS stuff. I was doing it a wave at a time, but now pick them up as I can afford. Love the show, and the figures have been pretty great so far.

Morgbug:
Pretty much nothing.   :-\  Marvel Universe 3.75" is about all I buy these days and I'm up to date until a new wave comes out. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version