Well, I always like to go over my collecting thoughts again post convention time - and after seeing what is on the way this year (and next) at SDCC this weekend, what are your thoughts on what you plan to collect? Again, there are so many great lines out there that I'd like to get into, but space is a major premium for me now - and Star Wars alone is taking up so much of the budget (and has a lot of great stuff on the way). Here are mine, in order of priority I guess:Star Wars Basic Figures
- Legacy Collection, probably most to all. Clone Wars, pick and choose but it might end up being all as well. Vehicles is something I'm thinking about right now. I like them all, but have given thought to sticking to OT vehicles to save the money/space (there are a number of PT/CW ones I'd like though too). I'm in on Evolutions and select Battle Packs as well (which are both looking pretty great lately). Some Comic Packs too.Galactic Heroes
- Most to all here as well. I've always liked the line and our daughter just loves to play with them already. All the OT stuff, and probably quite a bit of the PT/CW stuff as well.Indiana Jones
- Likely in for all the basic figures here. Vehicles are nice, but I don't have the room. I'm thinking (sort of hoping) that this line won't be too long lasting, so I can just collect the whole run and be done with it. Adventure Heroes here too, if they continue.DCUC
- This line is really looking great to me. I've bought them all so far, and with Legends winding down and Indy's future somewhat up in the air, this might end up being the main "other" line I collect. If nothing else, I'm definitely in for the Bats characters and the "big names". The Infinite Heroes line looks kind of nifty too, and I might pick up a few of those (I have the Flash set, and will get Bats/Nightwing/Green Arrow for sure when they are made).MOTU Classics
- I was really into MOTU as a kid, and sort of regretted not getting into the 2002 line further. Since these are a nice "one a month" pace, I think I'm in at least for some of them.Marvel
- Really sounds like Legends is winding down, or at least changing. I'm likely in for a select few here and there. The 3 3/4" Marvel Universe line looks nice too (wish it had started that scale), and I know that I'll end up buying at least some of those.GI Joe
- Another line I really like, but I might be winding down a bit. If nothing else, after the next wave or two here, I'm just going to pick up the DVD Battle Packs. I want the DVDs (since I missed the earlier releases), and battle packs seem to be the best value these days. This might be the line I slowly drop, just due to the fact I can't afford/display all of this stuff.
Overall, that's a lot more lines to have interest in than I should. I'd always wanted to limit it to "Star Wars and one other line", but it seems more difficult to do that each year. That's why I end up sort of hoping some things wind down, since my willpower apparently won't do it for me
. Like I listed things, I always try to "prioritize" things, so that if the budget changes, I know what is the first or last to go.