Author Topic: 2024: What Are You Collecting?  (Read 179569 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2009: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2009, 04:18 AM »
It's going to be an interesting year for me as well. Every I always say I'd like to cut back a little and save some money but I always end up spending more. I started to cut back towards then end of the year last year and those cutbacks are following me in a big way into 2009 already.

I dabbled in the Indy line late last year, that won't be happening this year of course.

Star Wars

With prices rising so much my days of big army building are about done. I'll still pick up some squads (about 9) of certain army builders, and my pick up a few more of the Rebels, but I'm not going to feel the need for massive armies.

With the release of the CW line back in July I elected to start collecting almost exclusively OT stuff. I've not only continued that into this year but have taken that another step further. I've started selling off most of my PT collection. I'll probably keep one or two figures of the main characters but that's about it. I'll buy the new TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan's and those will likely be the last prequel figures I buy for a long time. I'm kind of in the same boat with EU stuff. Certain things, like KOTOR or TFU stuff, I'll keep for sure but I'll probably end up dumping most of it. I'm on the fence about my AOTC clone army. I still love the AT-TE and will probably keep that and my AOTC clones, as well as a few droids for them to fight. I can't go cold turkey on all PT stuff just yet. My carded figures, with the exception of VOTC/VTSC and carded McQuarries, are probably on the way out as well. I haven't collected carded since '05 and I don't really care too much about them anymore anyways. My non-Sideshow 12" figures are also on the list of things to go.

As for new stuff I'll still be buying basic figures OT and select EU only. I really like the BAD so I sometimes get stuck buying a figure or two I don't want but it isn't a huge deal. Vehicles I'm going to be more selective about. I'd like to pick up that Wedge X-Wing that's coming out, but if it is too expensive that won't be happening.

Other than basic Hasbro I have a pre-order on the Sideshow Vader, likely my last Sideshow. I'd kind of like to keep going with my little Kubrick collection but they are really that cheap so probably won't be actively searching for more. Other than that I'm not going to be picking up any side lines.

DST Stargate

I was almost hoping this line would actually be done because I wouldn't have to pay for it anymore. As is though I'm happy to collect it. I'm still mostly just picking up one of each SG-1 and Atlantis figure.

DST Galactica

Like Stargate DST sucks at distribution and getting stuff out on a regular basis so I never end up buying these that often. But I'm also picking up one of each figure including exclusives.

Buffy/Angel

I'm still looking for the Sideshow 12" Human Spike, but I refuse to pay more than $85 for it. Considering I can't find one for under $125 I doubt that will happen. Other than than I'm done with the line.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 04:18 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2009, 02:49 PM »
I like Ryan's color coding and am going to copy it for my list.  Thanks Ryan!

Series  
  Type  
  Notes  
Star Wars3.75" FigsGetting 2x of all "new" basic figs from Legacy, but very few Legends figs.
Multipacks2x of all Battlepacks, Evolutions, and Comic Packs unless they are reissued figs.  I'm most excited for the Legacy Comic Packs coming out this fall!
Vehicles1x of anything new (not just repainted, I want NEW.  This will include the Y-Bomber and Turbotank - not so sure about the X-Wing, but I'll probably end up getting that too.
ExclusivesI'll probably get 1x of any exclusives and try to pick up a second on the cheap sometime down the road.
VintageI crossed Blue Snaggletooth off the list finally, so I'm just looking for a Brown Snake for Yoda and a Helmet for Boushh.  I'll still be shopping for various 12" figs and parts as well.
Galactic HeroesThought I could drop this line, but I just bought the Snowspeeder BP.   ::)  I may buy a few more of my favorite characters, but otherwise I hope to be done with these.
KubricksStill not spending big on the chase figures, but its going to be hard to ignore the Fett set coming out later this year.
12" FigsI've drastically cut back on these, but may get 1-2 more this year depending on what is released.
LegoI'm done with Lego unless I can find things on major clearance.  I love these, but am running out of space and money.
MarvelLegendsIts a dying line, but I'm in until the bitter end.  Will be getting the 2-packs with Iron Man & SHIELD figs at some point.
UniverseI really want to get the Avengers from this line, but not happy about reports of $9 price tags.  I will probably get a few here or there as deals pop up.
TransformersMasterpieceChances are slim of me getting any of these due to the price point.  I passed on Grimlock and Magnus, but would likely lay down some dough for these if I can find a deal.
AlternatorsHey, I can always hope!  ;)

Going to do my best to completely avoid DC, GI Joe, Transformers, Iron Man, McFarlane, Indy, & Mighty Muggs (Snowtrooper almost pulled me in this week - I know I will be weak when I see the Biker Scout though   :-\)

*EDIT* So we're nearling the halfway point of 2009 and I Wanted to look back on this.  I ended up buying an iron man figure on clearance and 4 mighty muggs (2 SW and 2 Tformers).  Caved and bought a box each of he upcoming Kubrick sets as well.  Not a good start at trimming down the list.   :P
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:46 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2009, 11:32 AM »
As we're now getting towards the mid-way point of 2009, are you still collecting what you thought you would?  Are rising prices driving you out of a few things, or have new lines caught your attention?  I'm sticking to the same lines for the most part, although buying less overall:

Star Wars Basic Figures - Pretty much all of the Legacy stuff, and slowing down on the Clone Wars stuff.  Select battle packs, beasts, exclusives, etc. - usually focusing on OT on anything outside of the basic line.  I'm still on the fence with prequel era vehicles - I like them, but need to trim the budget and really don't have the display space for them.

Galactic Heroes - OT only at this point, our daughter has really gotten into both these and the Marvel SuperHero Squad.

Marvel Universe - the primary "non Star Wars" line for me.  I bought pretty much the first three waves in their entirety, but held off recently when the newest wave (Red Hulk, Hobgoblin, Union Jack, etc.) came up on HTS (and have since sold out).  I thought about buying one of everything at first, but I think I'm getting more selective with this line as well.  Definitely in for the Secret Wars comic packs if nothing else.

MOTU Classics - Aside from King Grayskull, I'm complete on this line so far.  They are a little pricey, but I've really liked the figures overall.  I got in too late in the game to collect the 200X line, and sort of regretted that at the time - so I got in on the ground floor this time.  It is too bad it wouldn't have the kid following or retail support, because it really is a spiffy line.

Otherwise, I've tried to slow down or stop about everything else.  I still have interest in other things (Joe, Transformers, DCUC), but I have become much more selective or stopping entirely.  There are a few more DC figures I'd like to pick up from upcoming waves/rumors.  I'm pretty happy with my 25th Joe collection (although I'd get vehicles if I had the space), and I might grab a few Transformers from the "classics/universe" line if they catch my eye.  I also pick up the random "higher end" item if I can afford it, usually stuff from Gentle Giant (statues, maquettes, mini busts).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2009, 04:49 PM »
The year is pretty much going how I figured it would.  Of course, Indiana Jones is now a dead line so that didn't really carry over into '09 except for a few figures I picked up on the after Christmas sales.

Star Wars Lines:

Hasbro - Still collecting Legacy and a few Battle Packs, Comics, Evo and ships.  I don't think there are really any Titanium ships left that I need but may pick up a couple.  I'm only collecting a few Clone Wars figures and unless they release an army builder I actually want, I haven't bought any Saga Legends in a while.  No GH, no roll play or Unleashed.

Sideshow - Still done with that line.  AT-AT Driver the exception

Gentle Giant - Still have Shaak Ti and Aayla on my list but I'll probably knock them off at Wizard World.  AT-AT Driver should be shipping any time now.  Still planning on Darth Talon this year and hopefully, McQuarrie Fett from SDCC.  Add 4-LOM to the list to complete the ESB Bounty Hunter collection.  Nothing else announced has really interested me.

Lego - Still hoping to get the Dropship but no other plans for Lego this year.

Other:

GI Joe 3.75" - I may pick up movie versions of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow as they do have some cool looking figures coming out but I'm not buying any other movie characters or vehicles.  I finished my MASS Device and have no plans for additional figures, BPs or vehicles from the 25th line.

GI Joe 12" - I got the 12" Club figure and outfit and may buy the convention 12" set depending on how it looks this year.  I picked up a couple 40th Action Man sets and while there are one or two more that I'd like to get I don't know if I will or not.

I'm going to leave myself open to a couple exceptions such as a really cool Transformer character or deep clearance at Target on Playmates Star Trek and Terminator.  Otherwise, I won't be picking up anything from those lines nor do I have any plans on buying Marvel or other movie properties for the year. 

The other exception will be the Mattel Hot Wheels Star Trek ships.  I bought the 1701 refit and 1701-D ships this weekend and plan on buying the Klingon ship as well as the new movie version of the Enterprise.  And I'll leave myself open on other alien ships in the line such as Romulan or other Federation ships like Voyager or Defiant.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2009, 06:29 PM »
This year is pretty much the same as last year with some Joe movie stuff sprinkled in. As always I prefer a small focus with SW being my primary collecting hobby. I managed to stay clear of the CW animated line as expected and I even manged to pass on some repainted vehicles. With Indy dead, less army builders it's actually less/even with last year With that said here is my breakdown:

Star Wars (Collecting 3.75 only)
Legacy Basic Figures - Collecting all waves of the Legacy line with the occasional Legends reissue.
Legacy Vehicles - Collecting all new vehicles including any/all repaints of OTC vehicles.
Legacy Battle Packs & Beasts - If it's new or a worthwhile repaint count me in.
Clone Wars Vehicles - Collecting the new ships like the Turbo Tank, Y-Wing, Vulture Droid etc. Repaints are cherry picked, it has to be a pretty cool reissue for me to bite..
CW figures - Collecting only those with cool accessories to compliment the realistic mainline which is only a small few. I am glad I passed on this line.

G.I.Joe
G.I.Joe 25th classic/Resolute figures - I collect all RAH updated characters with some EU tossed in for fun. But like SW I phase out older characters when I get the best version.
G.I.Joe 25th classic vehicles -  I only buy these when there is a new figure packed in, but still trade off the vehicle.
G.I.Joe Movie figures -  I will definitely buy several figures including some of the deluxe. Some are to keep, the majority to are to customize.

MOTUC
Masters of the Universe Classics Figures & Beasts -  Any and all, this line is awesome despite being a hassle to order.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 2008: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2009, 03:26 PM »

I'd guess this year I'm looking at spending maybe $1000 or so.  Obviously that would double if I went after the Obi hilt and the Vader helmet. 

Still applies.  Not a whole bunch of anything.  I've picked up the ANH wave in a trade, rebel pilots evolutions I/II at half price sale and a pair of DCUC figures.  That's it for the action figure world.  I've bought several Greenlight cars and there's 4-5 coming shortly I want, but that's a whopping $25.  Got my 2009 Kubrick box set on the way once released and a box of Fetts, but nada else there.

Selling continues to easily outpace buying.  Nice.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2009, 07:02 PM »

I'd guess this year I'm looking at spending maybe $1000 or so.  Obviously that would double if I went after the Obi hilt and the Vader helmet. 

Still applies.  Not a whole bunch of anything.  I've picked up the ANH wave in a trade, rebel pilots evolutions I/II at half price sale and a pair of DCUC figures.  That's it for the action figure world.  I've bought several Greenlight cars and there's 4-5 coming shortly I want, but that's a whopping $25.  Got my 2009 Kubrick box set on the way once released and a box of Fetts, but nada else there.

Selling continues to easily outpace buying.  Nice.

Wow, I'm envious Brent.  Not a lot of spending at all.  I've cut back this year, and I'm attempting to sell some stuff - but there are areas of my collection where I feel like I just need to bite the bullet and get rid of them.  Streamlining would make the collection neater, free up storage space (making the wife happy), maybe bring in some money (again, making the wife happy), and probably make our office look a little nicer too.  It is easier said than done for me though.  I keep saying I'm going to sell off my prequel ships, but here they still sit on a shelf for the most part. :P

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 5, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Star Wars OT basic figs : I've been trying to stick with just the classic stuff, with a focus on ANH. I'll occasionally dip into PT stuff (usually for BAD parts for ANH droids I want)

Star Wars Galactic Heroes : Pretty much anything from ANH.

DC Universe Classics : Been a completist so far (with the exception of that Wal Mart wave) since I like all the BAF's and actually know most of the characters. This will probably change once all the big names are out of the way.

MOTUC Classics : I'm in it for the long haul with these as well. MOTU was my first toyline as a kid so I'm loving this line.

Marvel Legends : Mostly just filling in holes of key characters that I missed back in the day. Not much action on this front.

Transformers : Trying to pick up a couple stragglers from Classics/Universe. Also grabbing a bunch of the movie bots that I like the designs of, though theres just way too much of the stuff to bother being a completist.

Other Stuff: I grab the occasional thing from some other lines, occasionally NECA things that catch my interest...etc. but not much.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Thought I'd post an update after the big weekend of reveals at SDCC, and seeing what is on the way the rest of this year and into the next.  I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but again with so much SW stuff on the way (and nice stuff by the looks of things), it gets tougher to afford or find the space for too many "other" lines.  Here's what I'm looking at, budget willing:

Star Wars Basic Figures - Pretty much at least one of each Legacy figure, and more for some - at least as long as there are build a droids (otherwise I'd probably pass on a few of the figures).  Considered slowing down on Clone Wars, but will likely continue on with some of it as long as the budget allows.  Not completist with CW, but getting quite a few so far.  All new (to me) or improved OT beasts, vehicles, etc.  CW beasts/vehicles/etc. are on a case by case basis or on a nice deal like the recent TRU AT-TE sale.

Galactic Heroes - Still OT only at this point, our daughter has really gotten into both these and the Marvel SuperHero Squad.

DC Universe Classics - earlier it was Marvel Universe, but this has now become my main "non Star Wars" line.  Not completist, but I will pick up entire waves if I'm just a couple short of a nice BAF (Kilowog, I'm looking at you).  Otherwise, I'll pick and choose.  One of my favorite lines these days.

Marvel Universe - Again, probably getting more selective here.  I'll buy most to all of the Spidey related stuff (not Scuba Spidey, etc. if they get into that next year), and finish out some of the main characters/teams/villains as they are made.  I once considered going all out and getting completist with this line, but I just don't have the budget for it.  Still pretty nice stuff though, and I will be trying to get all the the Secret Wars comic packs.  Like others, it would be easier if they started in this scale - but it gets tougher rebuying all these characters in a new size.

MOTU Classics - Still, the price is high, but I'm really enjoying this line.  I plan to continue with the figures/characters I'm really familiar with - which has been all of them so far.  Might pass on things like Green Goddess and Adora going forward, but still getting others.  Really looking forward to Moss Man, Battle Cat, and Trap Jaw.

Other lines - I'm still interested in the 25th Joes, so I'll likely get more of those if/when they come back.  Same goes for some of the Transformers Universe/Classics, but much less so (very selective with these so far).  Both of these lines are in full movie mode now (and for the foreseeable future it seems), so I'll be saving some money here.  I have picked up a few odd movie Joes, and maybe would grab one here or there.  Otherwise I'm waiting for the classic stuff to come back.  Any higher end stuff is strictly Star Wars, and usually just the odd Gentle Giant statue, maquette or bust - again sticking to OT.

I've said it before, but space is really an issue anymore.  I don't like to just have everything in storage, so I try to display most of it, and it is getting more difficult all the time.  All the more reason to really consider anything outside of Star Wars carefully before I buy.  I do think that Hasbro has been doing a great job with SW stuff lately though, and I've really been enjoying it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Sort of replying to myself here I guess, but I've noticed that it seems like there has been a little less "action" in the "other toy line" forums lately as well.  I was wondering if a lot of us have been dropping the other stuff due to the always present higher prices/budget issues, display space, or collecting shifts.  We've seen more and more of that with Star Wars collecting (often switching totally to an "other" line), and I was wondering if it was happening here as well.

I know I'm personally trying to cut back more, although if I look at my purchases for the year, I see that I've bought at least one item from at least 4 to 5 other lines (outside of Star Wars).  I see it narrowing more all the time (and hopefully/probably more in the near future), but is anyone else cutting back on "other" stuff as well?  It seems like prices are up all around in the action figure aisle, and more and more lines are becoming a full-time job to keep up with (as Star Wars has been since at least 2005).  Aside from the one-per-month MOTU Classics stuff, my main other line at this point is the DCU Classics line.  I've picked up some Marvel stuff this year as well, but it has admittedly been quite awhile since I've bought much there.  As much as a fan as I am of the 3 3/4" scale, I think I'd probably be further in if Legends was still going consistently.  I've also picked up some Joe stuff, but it will likely be a break now until when/if the 25th stuff comes back.  Anyways, has anyone else narrowed their collecting attentions this year?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2009, 05:38 PM »
I've been as narrow as I posted about back in May.  I did add a couple more GI Joe figures than I had planned on and I'd like to pick up future releases that are based on the Resolute cartoon.

I did pick up the Klingon ship from the ST Hot Wheels line but never did get any figures from either the ST or Terminator lines.  I only bought one Transformer from the movie line (Sideswipe) but I did buy the SDCC Soundwave.

I bought or ordered the GG busts I mentioned previously (AT-AT Driver, Aayla, Shaak Ti, pre-order 4-LOM) but I did break out of my budget and became a hypocrite when I joined the PGM and bought the Republic Commandos.  I still need to pre-order Talon and I'll probably get Slave Leia and Yak Face.  Also managed the SDCC McQuarrie Fett thanks to a PSWCS member.

Sold off more Sideshow and haven't bought anything new and haven't bought a Lego set since the two mini sets at Christmas. 

On the Hasbro SW front I've actually bought fewer Clone Wars figures than I thought I might but I have kept up on the regular TLC line.   Earlier in the year I expected to be buying all of the exclusives for the year but I've pretty much reserved myself to passing on the WM Droid Factory (Price) and larger ships (Price again) while saving for the Republic Gunship (outrageous price).  Except for the Clones w/ Ball Turrets I'm almost done with BPs and just one more wave of WM Evo sets and that line will be over.  At that point it's basically TLC carded figures, the odd exclusive and newly designed Starfighter-sized (and priced) vehicles.

I've actually saved quite  a bit of money this year but still gotten some fun stuff.  I saved enough on NOT buying Hasbro SW and other toy lines that I splurged on the Kubricks Fett box.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2009, 06:27 PM »
I am glad you asked this Brian because I have become even more selective than before. I always have been extremely focused with Star Wars and that's why I am so proud of my killer collection. ;D While I strayed a bit I am more committed than ever to Star Wars 3.75 Core Legacy. My habits have changed so here goes my official update:

Star Wars (Collecting 3.75 only nothing outside of this line)
Legacy Basic Figures - Collecting all waves of the Legacy line with the occasional Legends reissue. I buy a lot of extras for customs so I am very committed to this line.
Legacy Vehicles - Collecting all new vehicles including any/all repaints of OTC vehicles.
Legacy Battle Packs & Beasts - If it's new or a worthwhile repaint count me in.
Clone Wars Vehicles - Collecting most of the new ships like the Turbo Tank, Y-Wing, Vulture Droid etc. Repaints are cherry picked, it has to be a pretty cool reissue for me to bite. I stayed clear of the new style Jedi Starfighter.
CW figures - Collecting only those with cool accessories to compliment the realistic mainline which is only a small few. I am glad I passed on this line but I will be buying that Aayla and will mail away for Vandar.

MOTU Classics

Masters of the Universe Classics Figures & Beasts -  Any and all, this line is awesome despite being a hassle to order.

The sparse offering make this line very manageable, I did bite on 3 memberships for me and my Brother. I was buying 4 of each (2 for me 2 for my Bro) but I cut back on doubles of every one for me. I have them all carded but I do have a couple of openers. So I will worry about the 4th one if I want another to open so I did cut back a little here.
(i did pick up the two human Princesses from the 4 Horseman's Fantastic Line because they compliment the He-Man figures as good Barbarian Broads.)

My biggest change in collecting has been with G.I.Joe. While I do feel Hasbro is doing a nice job with the figures the movie stuff just does not appeal to me. I will buy more G.I.Joe 25th classic & Resolute figures if they release more which I know a few are coming.  I still love what I bought but I am almost to the point where the nostalgia factor has been satisfied. I am done with vehicles, army building and movie figures. I bought a couple of movie figures but already tore most of them apart for customs to resell. This line is on the radar but a very low priority now. I do really want the Resolute Roadblock, Beachhead & Firefly coming, they look great!

Lines I thought I would get sucked into picking a few things up but managed to avoid:
Mattel Ghostbusters - Cool but not interested anymore.
Playmates Star Trek - I thought I would have bought a few but it was so bad I only bought two and already hacked them up for customs.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:30 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2009, 11:15 PM »
Down to the following:

Kubricks - as I like them.  Sorta staying away from prequel stuff, at least the expensive chase pieces.  Only looking to get three pieces right now, but two are pricey, the rare Fett chases and then the Chewie when he's more affordable. 

Hasbro - only OT figures that aren't dramatic improvements if duplicates or new figures I want.  ICMG!

Gentle Giant - busts and maquettes as I desire - so right now the Palpatine and Obi maquettes are on my want list, plus some of the Imperial busts.  Maybe slave Leia if the prices drop into that $25-30 range. 

MR - still wanting a Vader helmet.

Greenlight cars a few here and there, but I'm already feeling like I overdid it, so might part with a few. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Wow, lots more MOTU Classics collectors than I would have thought!  Since we're almost to the end of Summer, I thought I'd look back on this again to see if I did what I said I would, complete with grades for each.

Series  
  Type  
  Notes  
Star Wars3.75" FigsGetting 2x of all "new" basic figs from Legacy, but very few Legends figs.  [A+ ... I have stuck to 2x of each so far]
Multipacks2x of all Battlepacks, Evolutions, and Comic Packs unless they are reissued figs.  I'm most excited for the Legacy Comic Packs coming out this fall!  [A+ ... I bought a few extra Yavin packs, but just 1x of the Deluxe packs]
Vehicles1x of anything new (not just repainted, I want NEW.  This will include the Y-Bomber and Turbotank - not so sure about the X-Wing, but I'll probably end up getting that too. [A+ ... Only found the Turbo Tank and mid-size assortment so far]
ExclusivesI'll probably get 1x of any exclusives and try to pick up a second on the cheap sometime down the road.  [D ... I picked up 2x of each including the DF sets, SDCC, and even the Ponds fig that I planned to wait on]
VintageI crossed Blue Snaggletooth off the list finally, so I'm just looking for a Brown Snake for Yoda and a Helmet for Boushh.  I'll still be shopping for various 12" figs and parts as well. [A ... I crossed most of this off the past few months.]
Galactic HeroesThought I could drop this line, but I just bought the Snowspeeder BP.   ::)  I may buy a few more of my favorite characters, but otherwise I hope to be done with these. [C ... Managed to avoid the mega-packs, but I've picked up maybe half of the 2-packs released this year.  
KubricksStill not spending big on the chase figures, but its going to be hard to ignore the Fett set coming out later this year. [F ... I bought a box of both S10 and the Fett collection, and couldn't pass up deals on several chases.  Han Trooper, Tarkin, EB Set, Max Rebo set, WF Chewie, most of Mediacom Box Set C, Shadow Stormtrooper, Shadow Guard, S10 Gree.  Ouch ouch ouch.]
12" FigsI've drastically cut back on these, but may get 1-2 more this year depending on what is released.  [A- ... I broke down and bought a second General Kenobi to have one open - that was probably unnecessary]
LegoI'm done with Lego unless I can find things on major clearance.  I love these, but am running out of space and money.[A+ ... none yet this year.]
MarvelLegendsIts a dying line, but I'm in until the bitter end.  Will be getting the 2-packs with Iron Man & SHIELD figs at some point.  [B+ ... I have yet to find the 2-packs, but managed to build Ares and nab a Nemesis Tigra.]
UniverseI really want to get the Avengers from this line, but not happy about reports of $9 price tags.  I will probably get a few here or there as deals pop up.  [B- ... I have stuck to just the Avengers and passed on the TRU multi-packs, but I've paid full price $8 or more for these.]
TransformersMasterpieceChances are slim of me getting any of these due to the price point.  I passed on Grimlock and Magnus, but would likely lay down some dough for these if I can find a deal.  [A+ ...None yet this year.]
AlternatorsHey, I can always hope!  ;)  [N/A ...I'm ready to admit these are done.   :(]

Going to do my best to completely avoid DC, GI Joe, Transformers, Iron Man, McFarlane, Indy, & Mighty Muggs (Snowtrooper almost pulled me in this week - I know I will be weak when I see the Biker Scout though   :-\[B ... I have avoided most of these.  Picked up one Joe plane on clearance, but avoided most of these lines.  Muggs are the one I caved on - I bought the Scout Trooper & Snowtrooper at full price, which opened the door to Revan & Rex on clearance, which further opened the door to Soundwave and Optimus Transformer versions.  Ugh!  Overall I'm going to give myself a B average thus far.]
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2009, 12:29 AM »
Star Wars...

My "1:18 Military" lines are pretty dried up...  FOV is going to modern-only at B&M stores, with WW2 being online only at a likely higher pricepoint.  21st Century Toys folded and sold their stuff to JSI, which is producing things for online only at much, much, much higher pricepoints and rarity.  I'll buy some stuff, and I'm going to get into 1:16 RC tanks some day, but for now my military gravy train is done unless BBI shocks the world with new stuff.

I'll nab a set of modern stuff here and there, I'll nab a set of WW2 if it's new online even at the higher pricepoint, but my army building flurry in 1:18 is gone.

And Star Wars is cut back dramatically...  I'm savin' money I guess, but with SW it's only because the prices are absurdly jacked up these days and I'm not buying near as much as I used to unless I can get it on sale or some sort of discount.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77