Author Topic: Ultra Kamino Obi-Wan and Jango (Recarded)  (Read 7487 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Ultra Kamino Obi-Wan and Jango (Recarded)
« on: March 4, 2004, 11:02 AM »
GH has pics up of the upcoming recarded Ultra Kamino Obi and Jango.  This Obi-Wan is one of my favorites from the whole AOTC line of stuff, love his slicked hair and the action feature isn't too shabby either.  Jango is all right, not good not bad

This is one rerelease that makes sense :)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra Kamino Obi-Wan and Jango (Recarded)
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2004, 11:13 AM »
Yes, it does.  I have never seen either of these on the pegs in any store.  Since the early 2003 release.  Now I am sure, I will see these. I hope?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2004, 11:58 AM »
If you have a Value City near you the first cards of these figiures along with the Spider Drioid and Battle Droid Maker are warming the pegs for $5.99 each.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Really!

We do not have any Value City stores in California, as I know of.  But they are warming the pegs?

That is interesting. ???
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Finally!

Of course, we have yet to get Ultra wave 2 here. Stupid retailers.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2004, 03:28 PM »
This is a good idea for those people that missed these HTF things the first time.  Doesn't Obi shoot water or air or something?  I seem to remember some controversy about this
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: March 4, 2004, 03:35 PM »
I agree...  For pre-posed figures, these aren't too bad and the scene makes them work well together so I'm happy to see them recarded together.  

How available will they be though?  I for one NEVER saw a SBD Builder set when it shipped originally nor a Spider Droid, but the reship Droid I saw...  Sadly, I only saw him a couple times.  He wasn't reshipped very much it seems.  Almost as impossible to obtain the first time in my view.

Sad thing is about the SBD Builder, I was actually looking forward to it.  I liked the concept as a toy.  And yet, I never EVER saw one and it's something I still don't have in my collection.  :(  And top it off with the fact I wanted two!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2004, 04:02 PM »
Very Cool.  I never saw Deluxe Kamino Showdown Obi-Wan/Jango in my area,nor the spider droid.  Heck,I never knew they even existed only after seeing pics online.  I've been trying to get my hands on them,but haven't had any luck trading/buying.  Hopefully this time around I can pick up a set,as they are pretty neat together.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2004, 05:17 PM »
This is a good idea.  I pre-ordered them from Newforce, but never saw them in stores.  And Obi Wan is certainly one of the best of the entire PT line.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2004, 08:21 PM »
I agree, this is great news since I also missed them the first time around.  Any time frame of when they will be shipped?  I'm surprised that this wasn't unveiled at Toy Fair so there is hope for more items coming out in 2004 we aren't aware of yet (like more than three 12" dolls :) ).
Beth

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2004, 03:25 PM »
I love this idea... like many of you, I never saw these at retail either.  I do think I saw a picture somewhere, maybe it was in the last Artoosnews contest, where the several "floor" pieces that came with Jango were put together.   Does anyone have any idea if these are supposed to be able to fit together like the Outland bar pieces?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 7, 2004, 04:39 PM »
Obi-Dad: the bases for Obi-Wan and Jango do indeed fit together.  Jango's base comes in three pieces: the "flip stand", the column (which is telescoping), and the column base.  The flip stand attaches to the front of the column base to make one big base for Jango.

The Obi-Wan's "base" is also in two parts: the column, and the column base.  There is a "hook" in Obi-Wan's column base that fits nicely into a notch on the side of Jango's column base.  So, when you get them both, they do fit together to make one (slightly) large Kamino base with two separate columns.

I'd also like to alleviate some concerns I had before I was able to locate these last year (through an online retailer): Jango's "flipping" action does work quite well and his magnets are strong enough to let him catch onto the column easily and quickly.  It's a very cool action and is miles ahead of the crappy "this takes practice" approach of the Force Flipping Deluxe Jedi from the Episode II launch in 2002.  So, in essence, for once, the action feature Hasbro included actually does work like it's supposed to. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Hi All,

I saw some reports on AFtimes.com Store reports that these have started turning up at Wal-Mart (Chigaco and Las Vegas), but no mention of the Ewok though.

Hmmm...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 11:23 PM »
Well I turned 2 of each up at Walmart out in here in CA. From the looks of things the Ewok doesn't ship in the case thats hitting stores.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 04:20 PM »
These got spotted at a Target nearby to me today...  I'm gonna make a tear out that way to see what I can find since I'm still searching for a Jabba and these sets personally anyway.

Keep your eyes peeled I guess!

PS:

1 to a case of each I'm hearing...  Shazbot!  >:(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 04:22 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77