Author Topic: Ultra Kamino Obi-Wan and Jango (Recarded)  (Read 7485 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra Kamino Obi-Wan and Jango (Recarded)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 04:31 PM »
Gotta get an extra Obi Wan for customizing purposes.  I was able to get the original SAGA version of these from newforce, and the Obi Wan is a great figure however the Jango is a terrible kitbash.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2004, 12:12 AM »
I nabbed these tonight...  Had to leave Jabba due to funds, but Target, and TRU had about 4 Jabba's each so I'm wagering he's now a pegwarmer like the Wampa is.

They're decent figures...  Obi's not all he could be, and I'd love a Kamino showdown Super Articulated Obi-Wan someday...  Hell, include a removable "dry" head and he'd be a great vanilla Obi-Wan either way.

I just find the pose a bit much.  Still it's a unique and kind of neat Obi figure for what it is...  His feature sucks horribly.  Jango's works somewhat though, but the figure's nothing to write home about.  The big accessories are more the pride of the set.

When did Obi-Wan chuck a box at Jango though?  I don't get the purpose of his feature I guess.

Anyway, glad to have the set in my collection...  They look decent together at least.  This is almost a "scene" as much as it is a playable set.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 01:35 AM »
Seems like we're all having decent luck finding these. I hope it turns out as well for the Ewok. I'm worried about that one. I want at least 2 to open.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2004, 03:26 AM »
Ya know, I'd forgotten about him...  Ultra seem to come out in spurts here and there.

This is the latest barage of Ultra I've seen in a while actually.  Jabba was non-existant in my area till tonight, and Denizens were only sporatically seen here and there.

The Kamino guys are 1 to a case each I guess, so I'm hoping they won't becmoe pegwarmes due to that.  It's a repack that made sense on Hasbro's part though, so kudos to them.

The only Ultra that seem to hang on pegs is the Ultra 3PO which totally sucked IMO, the Riekean figure which I love but loathe due to the seemingly low value, and that's really about it.  

Wampa and Denizens are starting to clog up now slightly, and I've now caught Jabba a couple places (need to pick him up yet).  

I'm afraid Hasbro needs to rethink this line though, and really put a strong effort into it with later releases.  Not all their offerings so far have been that great.  I think that Ewok will do pretty well at retail though.  Public's Ewok starved at this point it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2004, 03:03 PM »
I have seen the Kamino pair at Wally for the last two days now and I got Obi Wan and that is all.  Obi is okay, nothing special.  Jango, well, I think my deluxe Jango will work here.
Jabba is cool, and good to see the Monk out since I needed one. Other then that I did not get Reiken or C3P0, do not need ANOTHER C3P0 with a undersized pod.  Anxious to see if the Ewok is actually new or a rehash of some older figures.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2004, 02:03 PM »
I finally found these Ultra carded rehashes of Jango and Kenobi at my local Walmart last night.  Pretty cool, since like most people I missed out on them the first time around, so it was a good choice by Hasbro to recard these.  Now why cant they just figure out the same thing with respect to so many other hard to find figures, like Ephant, McQuarrie Trooper, Red ARC, SA Clone, etc.?  I just don't get it.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Yeah, really.  I still have never in my life, seen the McQuarrie Stormtrooper yet at all, everything from Wave 15, I have besides that one.  

Anyone have an extra?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 12:59 AM »
Still have yet to find these. Target has a lone 3PO on their pegs, TRU just got a load of wave 2, and Wal-mart has no space whatsoever for Ultra.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk