Author Topic: Movies You Want To See Happen  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Movies You Want To See Happen
« on: March 4, 2004, 11:09 AM »
The Hobbit
Goonies 2

I'm also really excited about these 3 movies in the works...

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Narnia (even if its only one movie)
DaVinci Code

Offline apokolips

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Movies You Want To See Happen
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2004, 12:06 PM »
BUFFY vs. ANGEL

Twin Peaks - a final installment that wraps up the series.  AGENT COOPER CANNOT GO OUT LIKE THAT!!!

Star Trek - I'd like to see them start over from the beginning, with Bruce Campbell as Captain Kirk.  A movie would be excellent, but a TV series would be pretty cool as well.

Doctor Who - This concept has been floating in limbo for too long, whittled down to crap.  There were even rumors of Will Smith in the title role if that tells you anything.  My nominee for the role of the Doctor?  Alan Rickman.  

Since they are in development right now, I will simply mention dream come trues like "G.I. Joe" and "Transformers" live-action films.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2004, 12:10 PM »
Star Trek - I'd like to see them start over from the beginning, with Bruce Campbell as Captain Kirk.  A movie would be excellent, but a TV series would be pretty cool as well.

Name's Kirk, James T. Kirk, housewares. Groovy.  :D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2004, 12:17 PM »
I'm ready to see the Christopher Guest movie making fun of us geeky collectors. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2004, 12:25 PM »
Some movies I'd love to see made are...

* Starcraft: Something set in this universe would be really cool. Maybe based on the upcoming game Starcraft: Ghost. Any fans of this game series knows that I mean.

* The Hyperion Series: anyone who's read this series will probably agree.

Alien vs. Predator is, in theory, a dream come true for me. I've always been a huge fan of both franchises, and have been hoping for a movie that pits the two species against each other. I'm glad its finally going to happen, but I'm a little wary of the director and the supposed storyline. Then again, I think I need to just relax and enjoy the movie. After all, it couldn't be worse than Alien: Resurrection. [shivers]
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2004, 12:27 PM »
Been waiting forever for a Led Zeppelin Biography movie.  Seems like a no brainer in a world full of no brains.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: March 4, 2004, 12:45 PM »
A new Star Trek movie. No, I'm not a fan of Star Trek, but I still think they should keep making movies. I've only seen one (Nemesis), and I enjoyed it. For the sake of Sci-Fi - keep them coming!

Indiana Jones! Please, before it's too late. :'( Ford and Connery are getting old.

Hobbit - Haven't read it,  but I'd love to see it on the screen.

A new Tom Clancy! How about Splinter? I didn't care for the game that much but I think it could be converted into a pretty cool movie. Or Rainbow Six, or any other Tom Clancy book/game, for that matter.

GI Joe and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.... Shut up, don't even say it.

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2004, 12:48 PM »

:)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2004, 12:57 PM »
I love you.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2004, 01:00 PM »

A new Tom Clancy! How about Splinter? I didn't care for the game that much but I think it could be converted into a pretty cool movie. Or Rainbow Six, or any other Tom Clancy book/game, for that matter.

I'd start with Without Remorse to get the backstory of the Mr. Clark character and then move on to the Rainbow Six.  It would be something different than Jack Ryan.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2004, 03:51 PM »
Police Academy 10 LOL

How about:

Frankenstein (make it modern...genetic engineering or something)

Those GI Joe and Transformer movies sound great!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 4, 2004, 04:12 PM »

:)

I love you.

Marry me? I hear there is a small town in my State of New york, whos mayor does that sort of thing. :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: March 4, 2004, 04:12 PM »

GI Joe and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.... Shut up, don't even say it.

Snakes Eyes Vs. Stormshadow. Now that's a movie made in heaven.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 4, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see:

Goonies 2 (been waiting forever for this one, keep hearing rumors)
The Hobbit (with the same team doing it....P. Jackson, etc.)
G. I. Joe (I think it would just be cool to see how they would do it, it is rumored too I believe)
Batman (coming next year from what I have heard...Batman Begins...hope it is good and re-awakens the franchise)
Indiana Jones (supposed to be happening, but keeps getting delayed)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: March 4, 2004, 04:49 PM »
Movies I'd like to see:

The Hobbit - ONLY if done by Peter Jackson, in the style of the current movies (similar locations, Ian = Gandalf, Andy = Gollum, etc.)  Anyone else would just wreck it.

Green Lantern - Dangit!  If Marvel can get movies made for Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Punisher, FF, DareDevil, The Hulk, Electra, Ghost Rider, Namor, Spidey, etc then DC should make more than jsut Supes and Bats!  One thing, Test Pilot Hal is the basis for a better action movie than "free-style artist" Kyle.  Hal veers off course after almost being hit by Abin Sur's falling ship.  He goes to the crash site gets the ring and BAM!  Instant Movie.  Imagin the cg effect for his ring-constructs and a battle Vs. Sinestro!

The Flash - see above!  Barry or Wally, I don't care.  We can use all the fancy Matrix stop-motion effects to show us Wally in super-speed mode, slipping past bullets and manipulating objects!

Star Wars Episode 7,8,9 - :)  Let's see Hamill and his Jedi Next generation.  Use the EU as a building block for the final Battle between the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic.

Serenity/Firefly the Movie - My wife and I were big fans of the show, and now that Angel is cancelled, Joss is gonna throw himseflf into this movie.  I hope it happens!

That just about covers my current "that'd make a cool movie" thoughts for now...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender