Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Comic Book Thread

<< < (85/102) > >>

Angry Ewok:
Thus far, I've only heard pretty good things, as well. I might just hold off for the TPB and go ahead and get that Deadpool Minibus. I'm finishing up on the Dark Phoenix Saga, which I was able to get for $1 on Comixology not long ago -- I love the classics.

Brian:
I've really enjoyed Original Sin so far.  I haven't read this week's issue, but the previous ones have been pretty good.  A little bit different type of "event" comic, more of a murder mystery with some interesting "team ups" which is kind of neat.  I've liked it so far.

Speaking of comics, has anyone here ever unloaded some of theirs - or have suggestions on where to store things?  I've basically at this point filled up my supply of long/short boxes, and have them all stacked up in our office (which is also the collection room).  Although I do like to go through them every so often, as we've been trying to clean the house out a bit I've considered getting rid of some of them.  The vast majority are more recent (within the past 10 years), so I'm not sure there is necessarily a lot of value, but again I don't just want to throw them out either.

I really should switch to digital (which I've done with anything new I want to check out), but part of me still likes having the paper copies - at least for some titles.  I've thought about cutting back to just getting my absolute (say 5 or so) favorite titles in paper form and going digital with the rest (or cutting them out altogether).  Much like Star Wars collecting, I started small with only reading one title, and over the years it has branched out and gotten a little harder to manage.  Storage is again an issue :).

Dressel Rebel:
I've been reading Original Sin, I give it 4/5 stars. It's solid and entertaining so far but not amazing yet. The new Magneto series is great. 4.75/5 on that one. And New Avengers is also great, the Marvel Illuminati are fighting another universe's DC Justice League. But even before that the series was great in how it explored the damaged space-time continuum and the hole ripped in it as a result of the Age of Ultron. I recommend all of it Ewok.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Brian on July  3, 2014, 12:24 PM ---Speaking of comics, has anyone here ever unloaded some of theirs - or have suggestions on where to store things?  I've basically at this point filled up my supply of long/short boxes, and have them all stacked up in our office (which is also the collection room).  Although I do like to go through them every so often, as we've been trying to clean the house out a bit I've considered getting rid of some of them.  The vast majority are more recent (within the past 10 years), so I'm not sure there is necessarily a lot of value, but again I don't just want to throw them out either.

--- End quote ---

Brian - I had some storage issues a while back as well. I had all my comics bagged and boarded, and you'd be surprised at how much space the added protection takes up.  I ended up changing my storage from one comic/board/bag to two comics (front to back) per bag.  So, Issue #1 goes in the bag, issue #2 gets flipped backwards and goes in the same bag on the other side.  If I pick up the bag and rotate it, I can see the covers for both issues.  With the bag thicker and binder reinforcement on both sides, you don't need backing boards anymore, though I still use them every 20-30 issues to protect an anniversary or #1 issue sometimes.  I probably gained about 20% more storage per box with this method.  Might buy you a little more time.   ;)

BillCable:
Lobo is ruined

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version