Author Topic: Shoes, Sneaks, Kicks - What Do You Wear?  (Read 11655 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Shoes, Sneaks, Kicks - What Do You Wear?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2004, 11:14 PM »
I heard New Balance is the only shoe company that actually makes its product in the USA. True, or just someone blowing smoke up my ass? (Now there's an image...)

Hmm.  It wouldn't surprise me if no other company did, but I'd be surprised if New Balance did as well.  Just doesn't make much sense really.  Financially speaking, for the company, that is.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2004, 11:34 PM »
Checked my shoes...MADE IN CHINA

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2004, 05:50 PM »
My feet whips include a pair of Pumas (because I am super fly) and the rest of the time I wear Kenneth Cole boats or some prada beaters.

My wife is a shoe buyer for neiman marcus so my whips are always way ahead of what everyone else is wearing...thanks to her. she usually buys me some shoes when shes in Italy on her buying trips. The Hogans never really caught on over here but I still wear the pair she bought me 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 05:52 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 1, 2004, 02:34 PM »
I bought my 3rd pair of New Balance shoes (M603AT) this last weekend.  I've gotten back into a fitness/health kick recently so I needed a good pair of running shoes.

Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 1, 2004, 02:42 PM »
Ebay is my best friend for running shoes now.  Someone is always selling something.  Fortunately, ASICS remains amazingly consistent in both product and sizing with the Gel 10XX series.  I've been wearing them since they were Gel 101, now at Gel 1090, about 12 years of the same shoe.  Retails up here for the absurd price of $119 CAD (plus 14% tax).  US retail is around $70, can usually find them for around $50 on sale, but ebay I usually get them, brand new for $35 plus the shipping, so save about $5 US over a sale price.  About half price versus Canadian retail, actually a little better ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 1, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Ebay is my best friend for running shoes now.  Someone is always selling something.  Fortunately, ASICS remains amazingly consistent in both product and sizing with the Gel 10XX series.  I've been wearing them since they were Gel 101, now at Gel 1090, about 12 years of the same shoe.  Retails up here for the absurd price of $119 CAD (plus 14% tax).  US retail is around $70, can usually find them for around $50 on sale, but ebay I usually get them, brand new for $35 plus the shipping, so save about $5 US over a sale price.  About half price versus Canadian retail, actually a little better ::)

Not bad.  Actually, I searched eBay before I hit the retail stores.  One seller had the exact pair I was looking for.....in a size 8.  I wear a size 10.   :-[
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: June 3, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Check it.

Anyone game?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 4, 2005, 12:43 AM »
Check it.

Anyone game?

Haven't been able to find those in the US yet.  I'm a big Converse fan, and I've got a number of places that I use to get Chuck Taylor's...these are nowhere to be found yet.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 4, 2005, 03:29 AM »

They're very comfortable.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 4, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Whenever I buy shoes, I buy them from REI. Almost any shoe you buy there lasts forever. Well worth the money and very comfortable.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #40 on: June 4, 2005, 11:01 AM »
For work I have a a pair of Ferragamos and several pair of Kenneth Cole  boots. Since my wife has been a shoe buyer for Neiman Marcus I have learned the importance of quality footware. She has always worn good shoes whereas  I have insulted foot fashions for years until she sshowed  me the errors of my ways. Although Ferragamos are spendy (upwards of 400 bucks +) I will say the last a very long itme and the comfort is unbelieveable.  I have wide feet so finding something that fits and is comfortable does cost me.

Sneakers

I can only wear New Balance, Saucony or Reebok.  Nike are way to narrow for my feet plus I think most of them are ugly looking or have no material or no comfort factor whatsoever.
Nike has become the Sony of sneakersfrom my point of view Everybody perceives them to be good so they buy them with out much thought.

Chuck taylors as pictured above I have a few pairs of chuucks a few pair of pumas that I wear for flair.   

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 4, 2005, 11:59 AM »
I'm a big Converse fan also.  I have 7 pairs of Weapons.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 4, 2005, 11:59 AM by JayDouble »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #42 on: June 5, 2005, 10:31 PM »
I've been wearing Vans for the past 9 years, Airwalks for the 2 years before that, and Adidas before that.  I can't remember specifically what I wore before that, but I do recall owning the following brands: Air Jordan, Reebok, Converse, something with a K, ... yeah c'est tout :P
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #43 on: June 6, 2005, 04:30 AM »

I'm on my second pair. The last pair lasted about 6 years, so they're worth the hundred bones they cost.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 6, 2005, 08:33 AM »
During the school year, I'm wearing Wolverine lace up workboots.  When I'm working out, I'm in New Balance running shoes  Matter of fact, Force guy put up a picture of the ones I wear  However, doing weights 4 days a week and cardio 4-5 days, I'm just about in need of a new pair.  While playing softball, I'm in Nike 3/4 top baseball cleats.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.