Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76959 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2004, 12:18 PM »
If anyone is still in need of a green clonetrooper, click below as they are back in stock at SWS.com

Green Clone trooper
Beth

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2004, 12:29 PM »
Also the CinemaCast Vaders are instock now again for anyone who wants one.  Vader

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2004, 12:39 PM »
The site won't let me back in!  >:(   Won't take my password & I got a new one & it still won't let me back in!  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2004, 01:05 PM »
The site won't let me back in!  >:(   Won't take my password & I got a new one & it still won't let me back in!  >:(

Deja vu all over again.  

What a bunch a maroons.  Sheesh people.  Get your shat together.  

Has anyone received their clone or even a shipping confirmation?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2004, 01:15 PM »
I says the Green Clone ships Jul 2004. It also says that "Item is not available" in the link provided, but it is still in my cart.

I'm not closing my browser!  >:(   Screen saver set, 9999 mins!   ;D   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2004, 03:02 PM »
You sir are in precisely the same boat as I was with the cinemacast Vader.  It stayed in my cart all the way until the final checkout.  Even had a total with the GC entered and a final value.  *Poof*, click a button and it went away.  

The excuse was that I didn't proceed through the checkout while they were in stock, regardless of what was in my cart.  Yes, I know, you are unable to proceed because you cannot login.  That, according to SSW.com, is clearly your fault.   ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2004, 03:26 PM »
Lame excuse from them!  >:(  A nastygram they will get, though a lot of good it will do.  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2004, 10:24 PM »
I got a reply back from them & they told to re-register. I did several times but it would not take my email addy as it was used already so then I had to use a hotmail addy.

So after everything was fine in check out, this is what comes up after I OK the order:

Subtotal: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $17.95
Sales Tax: $0.00
Discount/Gift Certificate: $0.00
Suborder Total: $17.95

The Gift Certificate shows $0.00 & my order is not there!  >:(
So I get charged $17.95 for what, an empty box!  >:(

Nastygram away!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2004, 11:42 PM »
Is JD cursed (its members)?  Or is this place really still running this poorly ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 27, 2004, 10:22 PM »
well, i seem to have had nothing but good luck with starwarsshop.com so far. no problems with my orders, took my gift certificate, everything was perfect. until today, that is...

i was excited when i got home, 'cause i saw a tall cardboard box in my hallway. that meant my Return of the Jedi 1985 Re-Release 1-Sheet (Jung Art) Unfolded 27 x 41 poster had arrived!! it was a poster that i had actually been after for a while, but couldn't find.

then i noticed that the box seemed to be a little... well, warped. it wasn't square, like a box should be. i took it inside, to see that it was indeed crushed. well, crushed would be putting it lightly. it looked like the fedex truck that delivered it ran it over first. really. the top had split open, the tape was destroyed.

here's a picture of a box that was most likely at one time square, but is now more of a diamond shape. at least at the top:

i opened it up, and there inside the box, wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap, was this:

now, maybe when they put it in the box, it was unfolded. but it sure as hell ain't unfolded anymore. and the most f'd up part? they included a slip of paper, stating that "despite our use of extra heavy tubes, every once in a while a tube is crushed during shipment."

what tube? if that's a tube, then i'm george lucas. i fired off a pretty nasty email to them as soon as i picked my jaw off the floor. can't wait to see what they have to say about this...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 10:23 PM by jokabofe »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2004, 10:41 PM »
This blasted JD curse! Not good Dave, hopefully they will replace it at no extra cost.  :-\

So far I am not impressed with there customer service. I got my reply back from them & its basically what Brent mentioned.  >:(

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately we are completely sold out of this item. If this item is not on your order confirmation you will not receive it, this means it sold out prior to you completing check out. If you received an order confirmation with only the free gift and a shipping charge that order will not be processed and your credit card will not be charged for this order.Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2004, 10:42 PM »
Dude, that sucks ass. Honestly.

Kevin

They owe you a new poster.
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Jeezus :o >:(

Holy crap Dave, I am sorry that happened.  Talk about jaw hitting the floor, that is utter crap.  My wife came screaming in the room thinking I had a stroke or something considering the noise I made when I saw that pic.  

This place is scary :'(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2004, 11:55 PM »
My wife came screaming in the room thinking I had a stroke or something considering the noise I made when I saw that pic.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2004, 02:56 AM »
That's inexcusable.

How much did you pay for that poster, if you don't mind me asking?

Just curious.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk