Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 77229 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #285 on: May 3, 2004, 11:43 PM »
Hmmm...

I did a bit of digging and turned up some pictures of the employees hard at work for Shopstarwars.com:

I am so glad I am not a collector of busts/posters/etc and have managed to steer clear of them after the initial flub.  I'm thinking of trading my $50 GC to a guy for some figures... I'd probably be better off.

Jeff

lol... my poster was probably packed by that monkey...  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #286 on: May 4, 2004, 05:47 PM »
That doll in the third shot there scares me just a little bit Jeff...  Looks like one of those homicidal dolls that comes to life in the movies.  Please make it go away...   :-[

Looks like these clowns still haven't gotten their act together in the slightest.  Very bizarre.  I'm a little nervous to think that the Fan Club's technically winding up back in their hands now...   :-\

So has anyone gotten their Clone busts from SWS.com yet, or have those not shipped out quite yet?  I haven't heard a peep about the one I ordered for a buddy.  Anyone got an ETA on them?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 4, 2004, 07:06 PM »
That doll in the third shot there scares me just a little bit Jeff...  Looks like one of those homicidal dolls that comes to life in the movies.  Please make it go away...   :-[

Looks like these clowns still haven't gotten their act together in the slightest.  Very bizarre.  I'm a little nervous to think that the Fan Club's technically winding up back in their hands now...   :-\

So has anyone gotten their Clone busts from SWS.com yet, or have those not shipped out quite yet?  I haven't heard a peep about the one I ordered for a buddy.  Anyone got an ETA on them?

I thought I read they would ship in May sometime so hopefully they start to get to those of us who order one real soon.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #288 on: May 6, 2004, 09:59 AM »
Got my Kermits yesterday...2 weeks late...Thanks ShopStarWars.com!!!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 6, 2004, 10:37 AM »
Got my Kermits yesterday...2 weeks late...Thanks ShopStarWars.com!!!

Well, late, but....

did they bill you twice?  If not, consider yourself lucky.

did they ship you double and tell you you had to pay to ship the extras back?  If not, consider yourself lucky.  

Your order actually arrived with relatively little difficulty processing it at the site, consider yourself lucky.  

Get the impression they leave me unimpressed?  Consider yourself correct :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #290 on: May 6, 2004, 10:39 AM »
I forgot the rolly eyes Smilie...sorry

I'll try it again

Thanks ShopStarWars.com  ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 6, 2004, 10:55 AM »
i'm actually tempted - really really tempted - to order this but after the fiasco with my poster i'm not too sure... but it looks pretty nice, and i want it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 6, 2004, 11:46 AM »
accursed internet lacking sutbtleties of vocal communication.  

I got it Scott, I was only attempting to enhance the sarcasm.  Me need :rolleyes: too.  

Dave, I'm surprised you're not going for the bronze Yoda statue ;)  

It's sure an interesting store.  Were I to win a $30 million lottery, a goodly portion could be spent there.  Not sure if they items would show up, or how many multiples thereof, but that's not really the point, is it?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 6, 2004, 03:20 PM »
no the bronze statue is out of my price range for sure, but i'm tempted to pick up that bust. $230 ain't peanuts, but it's within my price range at least. decisions, decisions....

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 6, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Just got a couple of emails telling me that my Star Wars Poster that I ordered was oversold and are not avialable anymore.  I wonder if I had ask for them to ship seperately would I have gotten the poster.  Now I'm getting another set of patches. ::)  

I wonder how many Bust were oversold.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 6, 2004, 04:56 PM »
They finally picked up the extra Vader they shipped...what a pain in the ass that was. :P

I'm still wondering if I'll ever get my Kermit (since I assume they won't ship him until the green clonetrooper is available, whenever that is :-\).
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 6, 2004, 06:20 PM »
They finally picked up the extra Vader they shipped...what a pain in the ass that was. :P

I'm still wondering if I'll ever get my Kermit (since I assume they won't ship him until the green clonetrooper is available, whenever that is :-\).

Same boat as me.  Three Kermits, two clone busts.  What, if anything will show up ::)  And will they apply my gift certificate as I requested and they accepted or will it be lost in SSW.com never-never land.  Stay tuned....

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 6, 2004, 10:43 PM »
Just got a couple of emails telling me that my Star Wars Poster that I ordered was oversold and are not avialable anymore.  I wonder if I had ask for them to ship seperately would I have gotten the poster.  Now I'm getting another set of patches. ::)  

which poster did you order? i ordered the 1985 jedi re-release (of which you should all have read that story) as well as the clone poster 2. i still have yet to get my clone wars poster. 10 days my ass.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 6, 2004, 11:29 PM »

which poster did you order? i ordered the 1985 jedi re-release (of which you should all have read that story) as well as the clone poster 2. i still have yet to get my clone wars poster. 10 days my ass.

I ordered the Return of the Jedi 1983 Original 1-Sheet 27 X 41.  I wonder how many other people had ordered after me and got one while I was waiting for my Clone Bust.  This place better improve or else I may not renew my Membership to the Fan Club since they run it now.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 8, 2004, 01:06 PM »
Now I'm getting another freebie for my toubles:

Dear customer,

This is a follow up e-mail regarding your order for the 1983 poster. We understand that this poster was a unique item and the disappointment you are experiencing from not being able to receive it. We do value your business and would like to extend you a very special offer.
We will include a unique vintage Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi Advertising Supplement to your order for free. This 11 x 15 advertising supplement was distributed by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm in 1982. The fold out opens up to images of movie posters for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. Open this piece up again and you have an 11 x 44 banner of the movie title Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi in red on a black background, with a world premiere date of May 27, 1983. This rare item was part of a recent find in the Lucasfilm Marketing archives. Only a limited number are available.
We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Here a picture of what someone over at Scum said it is: