Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76762 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #405 on: August 3, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Now they have put up this disclamer for the Silver Trooper: Item not gautenned Mint.  All sales final.  
I wonder if they are going to end up doing this for all new figures from them since it seems like theyndon't care about they custormers who buy stuff from them.  

I think they suffer from a sort of arrogance often associated with someone that thinks they have a captive market.  Something that SSW.com clearly does not.  Surely they realize there are other online retailers and that 99%+ of their material is not exclusive in any way.  

What is readily apparent is that these folks genuinely do not seem to care much.  While that blanket statement is unfair to any number of employees there, it seems to be the management approach - lump it or leave it.  Really very sad and ultimately out of touch with what their market is.  But I guess we've known that for a while.  Riddle me this?  Why would the target market (a child) want to pay $10 and shipping for a silver sandtrooper just to rip it off a card?  It's not movie accurate, it has limited playability, it has quite frankly, a crappy paint job.  The whole point, which surely they must understand, is the cardback is nice and the figure is for display only.  Why, oh why, don't they understand that?  

I become ever more amazed that all of my items have arrived safely and in mint condition from them.  There are some mighty fine items on that website that I would love to order, but given their past performance (for others) it's highly doubtful that I would order some item over $1000 from them.  I fully plan on winning a lottery  ;) and would like to expand my collection.  But I suppose I'll direct that money to Cloud City, EE and various ebay sellers. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #406 on: August 3, 2004, 11:20 AM »
Guess I won't be ordering a Sandtrooper from these arrogant bastards after all. I can only imagine how terrible their Holo Emperor exclusive will be. We'll call it the Holo Fiasco.

Or not.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #407 on: August 3, 2004, 11:21 AM »
Its almost to the point where its funny, these people really have not a ******* clue

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #408 on: August 3, 2004, 11:36 AM »
Dear Stuffed Dog, Monkey and Ventriloquist Dummy

I ordered a Case of Wave 1 VOTC Figures.  This case contains Luke, Leia, Han and Obi-Wan.  I also know of the existance of Wave 1.5 which contains Leia, Han and Obi-Wan, no Luke.  Obviously, the dumbass **** for brains people you have working there have no idea of the existance of Wave 1.5 because that is what I ******* received in the ******* mail from you ******* today.  

The funny part of this is that I bet my friends at the On-Line community I hang out at, that you son of a bitch **** smokers would screw this one up since there seems to be nobody there with a ******* brain, and if there is someone there with a ******* brain, that person must have been sent out to lunch at the time my ordered was solicited (improperly), verified (it wasn't) and shipped (the shipping was great BTW).  

Thanks for continuing your solid reputation of having your collective heads up your collective ******* asses.    If you want to think I'll ever order anything from your **** sucking **** knob **** tard piece of dog **** store ever again, you really do have one ******* brain.

I'll be happy to return your package which I filled full of cat **** and hope you can sell them to some other dump ******* bastard who is stupid enough to order anything from you **** holes again.

A Fan for ******* Life and Pleased as **** you managed to **** up yet another ******* Order

Scott Pearson

Hah.  I missed this the other day...  Good stuff.  And they haven't replied to it?  Geez...  What gives?!

Great disclaimer SWS.com just put up on the "All Sales Are Final" bull$h!t.  I'm sure they were literally flooded with requests to return this item from many collectors out there.  They were probably initially OK with it the first day or two, but when the number got up into the 1,000's, they probably decided to change their approach.   ::)  Bad tidings for the Holo Emperor, indeed...

Dogs, and monkeys, and dolls... Oh my!

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #409 on: August 3, 2004, 01:18 PM »
I would like to urge all of you to post feedback and concerns to this thread also:
http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=23&thread=169867&start=135&msRange=15 >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 3, 2004, 02:55 PM »
Oh my, I was reading about the problems with SWShop over at GH.

SWShop Problems

An email that a member got from Customer Service just blew me away!

"The packaging for this item is not guaranteed to be in mint condition. All sales for this item are final."

kinda responce is that!

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #411 on: August 3, 2004, 03:03 PM »
I just received my silver sandtrooper from them yesterday, it arrived in mint comdition, I guess i was one of the lucky ones!
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #412 on: August 3, 2004, 03:57 PM »
I've read a few reports of people who sent them emails last week are getting this response...I say shut that **** hole down, what a ******* joke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #413 on: August 3, 2004, 04:06 PM »
2 guys from Pittsburgh have gotten theirs in so far, and both are either crushed bubbles or bent cards.

Terrible.

And that reply is utter BS.  No business should be run so piss-poor.  That's really, honestly, terrible.  The Fan Club's a travesty overall now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 3, 2004, 07:04 PM »
not that i didn't believe all the horror stories i've read about the silver sandtrooper being shipped out sans packing material (eveybody knows i could have a thread to myself just for bitching about sws.com  ::) ), but a few of my friends actually asked me to order one for them since they were not members of the fc/hs. since matt picked me up one from sdcc, i didn't need to order from this godforsaken club, and i was happy. but, to help out some buds, i did. so, i ordered 3. 2 buddies wanted one, and i figured i would get an "extra", either to use as a loose display piece (i don't open silver figures tho, for whatever reason) or to help somebody else out if they needed it. i thought that maybe there was some kinda note on my account with them that said "this guy is an *******, so take good care of his shipments from now on", or something like that.

wrong.

first, and i can't believe i'm actually going to compliment them on anything, but they did actually ship these out fast. really fast. maybe that's why they have no packing materials, because they don't have a chance to put any into the boxes before they ship?

anyway, they arrived today. and guess what? there was some bubble wrap inside the box. unfortuately, as others have said, it was wrapped around the "free" items, the pin and the promo card. wtf? why bother to put bubble wrap around those items and not around the items i'm actually paying for? does it make too much sense to do it that way? and in sws.com's defense (again? wtf is with me today?) the box was actually crushed slightly when i got it. one side was crushed in about an inch or so. didn't look good from the start.

that said, out of the three, i ended up with:

1 - completely crushed. really only good for an opener.

1 - slightly creased on the upper right corner, otherwise okay.

1 - mint.

don't ask me how these three figures, put in the same box, arrived in 3 different conditions. beats me. there is some speculation that maybe sws.com is actually shipping out non-mint figures, rejects from comic-con that other people didn't want. i would have to say, at least in this instance, that this was not the case. the area where the box was crushed in on the side was where the top area of the card was on the figure laid on the bottom. this was the only figure that was really damaged. check out these pics i took:

this was the side of the box that was crushed. i'd like to think that it did not leave sws.com's shipping warehouse looking like this, but i guess i can't say that 100%.

this is the inside of the box. i removed the bubble wrapped free gifts, but the rest remained untouched. you can see that the crushed side of the box barely touched the two figure laying on their sides. sadly, the same cannot be said for the one on the bottom.

this is the new chase variant, silver accordian trooper.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 3, 2004, 07:18 PM »
There packing sucks! The way they put the figures in the box like that & no bubble wrap or peanuts.  ::)

Theres no excuse for not packing them properly.
RS put up the email report on there main page. Have a looky. Complete
Zero Satisfaction From StarWarsShop

Sorry, this is Fraud! IMO.  What ever happened to "The Customer Comes First" :-\

And I still have a $50. gift certificate to use up!  :-\

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 3, 2004, 07:23 PM »
like i said, if they want to advertise that these figures are not mint and non-returnable, i'm fine with that. in that case, you take your chances. but that is no excuse to just throw them in a box without any kind of packing material. that is just ridiculous.

SilverZ

« Reply #417 on: August 3, 2004, 08:02 PM »
I'm frankly shocked to see those pictures and all the stories of zero packing material. In all the many years and countless online and mailorder items I've ever received, I've quite literally never seen such carelessness and nonexistent effort put into shipping. Ever.

I mean, that's actionable right there.

To further go on and say that in order to guarantee mint items (or even non-accordion style), in the future, customers will have to absorb the cost of a Star Case, is patently offensive.

Who actually runs the FC now? Is it a LFL company of some sort, or is it still pseudo-outside vendor like the previous incarnation? We need to create a formal complaint addressed to LFL themselves, since obviously the Fan Club has no regard or desire to raise their level of performance based on the opinions of their customers. It needs heat placed on them from their licensor, if that's the arrangement they are in, or otherwise internally.

Unreal.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 3, 2004, 08:14 PM »
the funny thing is that even if these figures had starcases on them - and how much do you think they are gonna charge for that? - they still would have crushed the one on the bottom, at least i think so. then again, even if they had some bubble wrap around them, the bottom card would still have gotten crushed most likely.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 3, 2004, 08:16 PM »
They would have to get bigger boxes!  ::)