Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76772 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #465 on: November 4, 2004, 02:47 PM »
And what a nice whacky return scenario. Maybe I'll write the note in crayon when I mail it back, so I'm communicating on thier level.

I would do it, I would also mark on it "Atten: Ape Management".  ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #466 on: November 4, 2004, 02:54 PM »
I would do it, I would also mark on it "Atten: Ape Management".  ;D

Yes, then one of their crack staff will get back to you ASAP...

"Dear Customer,
Sorry we squished your item.  Here is another squished item to replace it. 

Your Pals, SWShop.com"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #467 on: November 4, 2004, 03:02 PM »
Dear SWS Return Monkeys,

Me get poster. It broke. Me send Customer Service Monkey letter. It say cut up broke poster send back pieces. Now me give you Return Monkeys pieces and paper with words. You read, you have Shipping Monkeys send me not broken big picture of Darth Vader not burned yet with mullet.

Thank you.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 4, 2004, 03:12 PM »
LOL,

I had the same problem recently with a poster.  They did not ship in a tube rather a cardboard box!

Replacement poster = same problem.  How stupid destroy poster by cutting to get another.  I demanded a refund and stated I am doing nothing further.

SWS sent me a gift certificate for the refund.

In summary SWS = NO! = poster.

DBK

Dear SWS Return Monkeys,

Me get poster. It broke. Me send Customer Service Monkey letter. It say cut up broke poster send back pieces. Now me give you Return Monkeys pieces and paper with words. You read, you have Shipping Monkeys send me not broken big picture of Darth Vader not burned yet with mullet.

Thank you.

SilverZ

« Reply #469 on: November 4, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Not encouraging DBK.

So if Stim and I both got smushed posters, we both live in the same general area as SWS' shipping location, and got them on the same day, I have to wonder how many damaged posters they actually ship out and hope some people just don't bother returning. It seems odd.

The lame thing is I don't like the poster that much. But I want to have the double-sided (this was a big deal) one just in case later I want to display it, and I'll be really pissed if they run out of this version. Single-sided ones aren't a big rush thing, but the double-sided ones always end up being much more limited in production.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 4, 2004, 07:08 PM »
After reading the experiences a lot of you guys had with the ROTJ posters that SWS.com was selling a while back (and after seeing the teaser poster, which I was not impressed with at all; great concept with poor execution, IMHO), I decided that I did not really need the teaser poster after all.  I never bought the (again, in my opinion, poorly executed) AOTC teaser, but I did buy both theatrical prequel posters and the Episode I teaser from the SW Fan Club over the years, and I *never* had a problem with them arriving damaged.

All three posters (I know the first two for TPM came out when the FC was still under the aegis of Fantastic Media; I can't remember who had control of the FC during AOTC...probably my crackhead neighbors) were shipped in heavy tubes, with the posters sealed inside a plastic baggie tube inside, with bubble wrap around the poster and bag, and with bubble wrap at each end.  There was not a single dent, crease, tear, or anything approaching damage on any of the three posters.

And now, even though LFL is "running the show", *THEY* can't send a poster out without completely destroying it.  Pathetic.  Go down to the post office, spend a little bit of money on decent mailing and packing materials, and send out mint items so you can actually keep customers instead of cheaping out.  For what you're charging for shipping, you should be shipping things in heavy materials and not plastic bags with a twist tie around them that say "FRAJIL...PURTY PICTERS ENSIDE."  ::)

(I seriously hope they figure out what is going on by the time the Struzan poster is released in the spring)

SilverZ

« Reply #471 on: November 4, 2004, 07:59 PM »
I stayed away for as long as possible and then was really impressed when they came through with the Holo Emperors. Then this. And if Stim didn't check his I wouldn't have found out about the bum posters until years down the road when I broke it out of storage to put into a lighted marquee.

What the most frustrating thing that this damage is happening at the source -- it's SWS's handling of the items that is causing damage. They're putting damaged goods into carefully packed cartons. They're idiots.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if SWS is going to come through with a banner for Ep3, like the previous FC incarnations did for the other 2 films. I'll be pissed if not since I have the other two. They might be able to ship vinyl without destroying it.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 4, 2004, 11:04 PM »
But the strange thing is I got my DVD Banner from them in great shape - the sturdiest cardboard tube I've ever seen - and it was packed inside a box with packing peanuts. I'm still waiting to get my teaser poster, should be here tomorrow. Doesn't look like I'll be too happy when I get it tho. I don't understand why they would go to such expense to ship the banner and then just throw this poster in a box? This is just the scenario with the ROTJ poster I ordered when they first open this place. It came flat as a pancake. Yes, they did tell me to cut off a piece at the bottom - so they would know which poster I had ordered. I'm guessing this is done just so people don't say that the posters was ruined and get another one. But they replaced the ROTJ poster the next day - and shipped it out to me overnight - and it arrived in great shape. I'm confused by this strange turn of events  ???

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #473 on: November 4, 2004, 11:26 PM »
How big was the DVD banner, jokabofe?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 4, 2004, 11:38 PM »
It's this one, says it's 39" x 27". Really nice looking piece. Finding a frame for it is going to be tough, for sure. Might have to get it custom framed. That should cost me an arm and a leg...

SilverZ

« Reply #475 on: November 5, 2004, 12:24 AM »
It's this one, says it's 39" x 27". Really nice looking piece. Finding a frame for it is going to be tough, for sure. Might have to get it custom framed. That should cost me an arm and a leg...

Yeah, it's lovely. Not quite a banner though. More like a poster printed in landscape.

Speaking of banners, I dropped a note to the monkeys about if they were offering the banner or not, and I got a generic "I'll pass along your request to the merchandise ordering monkeys" reply. These things shipped out to theaters, and I'm betting good money they dropped the ball on securing ones for sale, something both previous regimes were able to do.  ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 5, 2004, 07:13 PM »
Yeah, it's lovely. Not quite a banner though. More like a poster printed in landscape.

Picky, picky.  :P

But yeah, I just called it that 'cause that's what they call it on the site. Technically, a banner it is not.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #477 on: November 6, 2004, 03:00 AM »
Well, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and risk dealing with these clowns again, since they were kind enough to spit a few more MBNA Chrome Vader busts out on their site.  Can't pass on the chance for one of those, despite the inherent risks.  $50 beats paying $225 any day!   :P

** crosses fingers **

I wish these bastards would just offer a will call option for SoCal'ers, like EE does.  Much easier, and SAFER, to be able to just swing by and pick the stuff up.  Not to mention is sucks to spend $7 for something to be sent a half hour up the freeway...   :-\

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 6, 2004, 03:32 AM »

I wish these bastards would just offer a will call option for SoCal'ers, like EE does.  Much easier, and SAFER, to be able to just swing by and pick the stuff up.  Not to mention is sucks to spend $7 for something to be sent a half hour up the freeway...   :-\

... and the fact they fly it somewhere like Memphis so it can be sorted into your district for delivery.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 12, 2004, 07:02 PM »
So, did anyone who got a damaged Ep3 teaser poster return it and get a better one? I got mine - damaged, as usual - but the damage isn't all that bad. I'm afraid of sending a part of it back (since they make you cut it up so they know which poster you bought - why, the invoice number on my receipt doesn't work anymore?) and getting an even more damaged one in return. It really aggravates me that they can't seem to ship posters out undamaged. But to be honest, it doesn't look like it was damaged before shipping this time (like it was last time. The box/tube the poster arrived in was in great shape, only to reveal a poster that looked like it had been through the filming of the movie in Lucas' back pocket) - but FedEx seems to have a thing for delivering my packages from Lucasfilm damaged. And before that, back in April, I ordered a poster that came in a flat box. Only it wasn't supposed to be flat. (Click here to re-live that nightmare if you dare :) )

I just received the 3 foil posters today, but I haven't opened them yet. They shipped them flat, which I thought was pretty odd. But I guess being foil, and being thin, it was a better idea than sending them rolled. I'm almost afraid to open them, but I feel that I must.  :-\