Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76761 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2004, 10:14 AM »
I already have enough SW Crap

Don't we all!  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2004, 11:35 AM »
Got me 2 Kermits and a bust for Adam :-*

Good thing I checked in here first!  Cool deal.  I just ordered Dave a bust too.  I like that you can have it sent directly to them!   8)  Of course, that means he gets the freebies, and not me!   >:(   :P

Site worked fine for me, aside from the "backspace" button causing the page to reload every time I typed a wrong letter (might just be my computer).   :-\  Other than that, they seem to be off to a good start so far...

Now I'll have to go back and see if anything interests me...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 01:25 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2004, 11:49 AM »
Hey...since they are selling Koto stuff, think we'll get some Kubricks from them too?!?!?!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2004, 11:58 AM »
I ordered another bust to use as trade bait to try and get some other bust like the Pilot CLone Trooper (if I don't go to WW L.A.) or the Red Clone Trooper (to complete my clone bust set).  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2004, 12:34 PM »
Hey...since they are selling Koto stuff, think we'll get some Kubricks from them too?!?!?!

They would have to get them from Japan first & get in on the pre-order before they sell out. Who knows, it may happen, just have to watch the site.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2004, 12:40 PM »
I just went back to the site & it looks like its down.The page comes up as it was before it opened. Coming Soon!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Great. Just great.

You'd think they know what the fanbase is, and would be able to handle it.

I'm positive this store was just an afterthought anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2004, 02:04 PM »
I ordered my clone bust. Other than that, nothing really there. I hope they offer other excluisve items later on. Prices are average to other sites. :( I was hoping for a much cheaper rate.

A nice thing for collectors.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Well I managed to get in earlier this morning.  Checked at 8 am and nada.  Then checked just prior to a meeting at 9:45 and got in.  Scored three Kermits (wasn't sure who had picked up what) and two busts.  Wanted one for myself and was going to see if I could cover Adam as well.  Since you guys had him covered already, Jim is going to take it.

Dale, did you notice who is doing the shipping to Canada?  I had my stuff sent to Jim anyway (chuckles) since that shipping was only $10 and I might be able to circumvent some customs fees.  I was also concerned about what the brokerage fees might be depending on who is handling our stuff?  

Nice clean store, interesting assortment and it seems like a viable alternative to EE with the same prices.  Now if they win on shipping over EE, they've got a fan.  Unless of course Newforce can step it up for me a notch.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2004, 02:25 PM »
RS has a news post saying they took it down to fix some glitches (which happened around 11:30 AM CST)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2004, 02:27 PM »
Great. Just great.

You'd think they know what the fanbase is, and would be able to handle it...

Totally agree with ya' Ben.  Pretty pathetic opening so far, as seems to be the case whenever something exclusive and/or Star Wars pops up online.  NO ONE can EVER handle it.  Computer problems, ordering problems, site crashes, etc., every single time.

So how long was SWS.com actually open for?  An hour or two?  Tops?  I hopped in super fast just to order Dave the bust (which made me get in trouble for being late to work this morning D...   ;)), but have wanted to pop back in to poke around a little for myself, but to no avail.  Guess I'll check back in a week or two when these dumbasses get their site back up...   ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2004, 02:30 PM »
No idea who's doing the shipping up here. All I seen that was listed was International Economy.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2004, 02:32 PM »
Its was working great this morning for around 3 hours, I got a couple of weird screens every now and then though that made me think all was not right...you would think the server load wasn't that bad though, the whole thing was running really smoothly :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2004, 02:46 PM »
Yeah, it seemed to be running great when it was up...and I do like the look and use of it.  I was hoping to order me a Kermit (and maybe something else), but then it went down when I was getting ready to.  Hopefully it will be back up again soon, and Kermit will still be there :P.  I don't collect Muppets, but this is just too cool to pass up.  Problem is, once I get it, I'll probably want more Muppets.  Otherwise, this could be a nice site, another hopefully reputable option to buy figures through as well.  Hopefully they can get all of their problems resolved soon.  I agree though, it seems anything new and Star Wars related really gets hammered once it is up, you'd think they would know this by now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2004, 02:57 PM »
Since I've been getting the wrath for using my credit card lately, if and when the store re-opens and someone orders something, could they tack on an Indy Kermit for me.  It would be much appreciated.
Common sense isn't so common