Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76940 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2004, 12:08 AM »
I got the same BS response RE: Kermit...

Dear Customer,
The Kermits are out of stock for everyone, they are late getting here due to unforeseen vendor delays, but you can still order them even though they're marked as out of stock. They will be shipping on Monday. So you can place a new order for them now - just go through www.starwarsshop.com, no need to go through the March 10 order system.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Christine
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2004, 12:09 AM »
BTW...I watched that damn site this morning and the Kermits were going from In Stock to Out Of Stock and Back again to In Stock more than once.  AND why the **** would you let people order things that are out of stock.  Shouldn't it say its a preorder???  bull****!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2004, 12:21 AM »
I wondered why I was able to order an item that was listed as 'out of stock'.

As long as I get it, I don't care.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2004, 12:22 AM »
And another thing, I'm glad I don't collect the busts. Between this green Clone and the Clone Pilot, it's got to be the newest biggest headache in all collectordom.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2004, 12:30 AM »
The clonepilot worked out alright for me.  I'm nowhere near any convention, so take the cost $50) plus the ticket to get in ($25 for the weekend, or more) plus parking ($10) and you're not far off what I paid: $103 dlvd.  Seems fair.  

Scott
did you get your order placed?  I'm really starting to wonder if I'm the biggest loser in the universe right now, because nothing, absolutely nothing is working out here.  

I'm sure my tone could have been more mature, but come on people, this is a fiasco.  Again.  I'm reasonably confident that I'll get my March 10th order but now I lose out on the cinemacast Vader????  And yes, I can actually prove I had it in my cart, I printed off the page.   :P

I'll tell ya, they have a lot of ground to recover with me.  Oh sure, I'll use the GC if I ever get a chance to get in there (Lord knows it will be rejected because I had to switch my email address ::)).  But unless they do something to apologize for this secondary fiasco that has been much, much more frustrating, my business with them will be done.  Until I go skulking back in for an exclusive down the line anyway :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2004, 12:33 AM »
Well I ordered 2 Out of Stock Kermits this morning not wanting to wait to see what they said.  I just ordered the Bust I had ordered for Adam too and had no problems.  My original Kermit order is a no go and it sound like 3-4 people at RS have the same problems on the bust

I agree on the fiasco aspect...its utterly rediculous and I think its almost as bad as last time where a relative few orders were screwed up...here people have been overcharged, the stock situation fluctuates, the password bull****...and its been widespread

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2004, 12:41 AM »
Thanks, that helps me feel better.  It's seeming a bit like I'm the only one having such bad luck.  I simply cannot believe they left the site open.  FWIW, I clearly think this time is worse.  Had there been clone busts left and I had not had an expectation of a reserve, I'd have logged in immediately at 9 PST and then been able to get them.  Now I'm facing another day/night of chasing them by email.  What a waste of time.  

I initially felt a bit guilty about the $50 GC because it really wasn't that bad.  Stupid, but not such a huge inconvenience.  Now I feel like they owe me about 5x as much >:(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2004, 06:49 AM »
Here's my e-mail about not being able to use my number:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your e-mail. We will check our system to see if an order has been processed with this order number. If not we will reinstate your order number so that it will be valid again. We will e-mail you when this is done.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

SO....when are they going to get back to me?? Friday after 9:00am PST??
It was a one shot deal with putting your number in and ordering you items.  If you logged out to fix the price on the Kermit, you were screwed.
WTF??  My 7th grade nephew can run a website better than this place  ::).
Sorry to hear about all your trouble Brent.  I did get my Vader and it wasn't anything that I originally placed. With any luck (and competent employees) you will be able to access your "old cart" and place your order today.
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2004, 09:13 AM »
The more I thought about this the more pissed off I am about it...I probably will get my stuff and for that I'm greatful but the way they've handled this so far is more than scary.  

Imagine what will happen when they get an Exclusive figure or two from Hasbro and 10000 people are trying to order them at the same time

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2004, 09:47 AM »
Imagine what will happen when they get an Exclusive figure or two from Hasbro and 10000 people are trying to order them at the same time

Excellent point Scott.....yikes.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2004, 03:50 PM »
I'm thinking that I'll drop their customer service a link to this thread, starting at where they re-opened yesterday, and let 'em take a looksee at all the insanity they're causing.   ::)

Sorry again to Brent, Beth, Scott, and everyone else getting the complete and total run around with these people!   >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2004, 03:59 PM »
Busy off at work today, so just checking mail now.  From Shopstarwars.com:  Nothing

>:(

Thanks folks.  Going to be great when I'm out a couple of clone busts, 3 kermits (my wife's, chuckles and I think Mikey or mosnab, can't remember who).  And oh yeah, forget about the cinemacast VAder ::)

Very, very, very frustrating.  I'm with Beth, I'm expecting an email sometime tomorrow night, when it is too late and they then put the blame back on us for somehow screwing up.  

Close the site people, you've got issues at least as serious this time around :(

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2004, 05:35 PM »
I didn"t have a lot of the problems you guys are having, BUT I did have my own problems.

The stupid session kept timing out on me, and I had to keep logging in and do my order OVER and OVER and OVER again until I finally did it fast enough to get it through.

Also...I was wondering when the gift certificate was going to come up. It doesn't come up until the end of checkout...which is very confusing AND annoying.

But...supposedly, my bust and Kermit are on the way. That's good, because it sounds like some were less fortunate.

Got Clones?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2004, 05:36 PM »
You know, I'm not normally a complainer (well, at least when it comes to anyone but Hasbro), and I'm certainly glad to hear that some people's orders seem to be going through okay, but as far as I'm concerned, I've just given up with them for now.

I placed my order on March 10th for a single Kermit.  I got the email confirmation and everything was fine.  Then as we all know, everything fell apart.  I got the phone call from someone at LFL or whoever asking for my address to send the patches and GC to.  I asked him if I would need to retain my original email confirmation for when the site opened back up and he *assured* me that I could go ahead and trash it, since the order number would no longer be of any use anyway.  

So, you can imagine how I felt on Tuesday afternoon when word got out that the March 10th orders would be honored but we'd need our original order number.  Within five minutes I had sent the CS team an email explaining my situation and as of 5:30 PM ET today, I had yet to receive a reply, even after resending the email last night.  

Now, I will take some blame in this, since I did delete the original email and kept no record of my order number.  I will not take full blame for having done so, since I was told by an official representative on the phone that it was not necessary to hang onto it.  

The problem I faced up until I threw my hands up in defeat was the fact that the March 10th orders would only remain valid until 9 AM PT tomorrow, and since they have not emailed me my original order information, I'm just out of luck.  And since my workplace has my email site blocked, I wouldn't be able to check my mail anyway, even if they did suddenly decide to get back in touch with me.

The decision I came to was that I didn't really need a Kermit in the first place (which, honestly, I didn't; I just grew up on the Muppets and SW and thought it was cute) and there was nothing else there within my price range that I would even  be interested in.  With the continuing problems others were having in addition to my own problems with their site and its associated flaws, I just didn't see the point in even worrying about it anymore.

So, there's a 50 dollar gift certificate in my desk drawer here that will hopefully get used before the expiration date.  I say that because I'm not going to be ordering from SWShop.com again until they get all the bugs worked out, because even after a month of testing and retesting, they still haven't figured out how to do things properly.  Like I said, I'm glad that many of you had things work out for you, but as for me, I'm completely indifferent to them at this point.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2004, 05:45 PM »

Like, say, oh I don't know...
The Silver Sandtrooper Convention Exclusive?

It will be a NIGHTMARE when that figure is put up for sale on the site...

I'm sure they will work in some crap about how it will be exclusive to Hyperspace members FIRST, then Fan Club Members, etc.

I'm already right there with ya predicting disaster on this one...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender