Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76944 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Dear Customer this issue is currently being worked on. We will  let you know via
email when this has been resolved.  Also the deadline for March 10 orders has
been extended until April 18 at midnight.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Christine
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Is Christine the name of a computer?  If not, I do feel sympathy for this woman, but this is just another generated email with no specifics.  

I suppose I'll take this as good news (with a big, ole grain of salt) and that my busts and kermits might come through.  I still think I'm out of luck with Vader.  Too bad, I was prepared to part with the money for a very nice piece :-\

You guys are right though, they'll be hooped all over again with a mad rush scenario.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2004, 07:33 PM »
Dear Customer this issue is currently being worked on. We will  let you know via
email when this has been resolved.  Also the deadline for March 10 orders has
been extended until April 18 at midnight.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Christine
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Is Christine the name of a computer?  If not, I do feel sympathy for this woman, but this is just another generated email with no specifics.  

I feel sorry for her since it seems that she is the only one that is sending out emails or maybe it is the name of the computer system they have .  WHich needs to be bought up and fix big time with all of the problems there have still.  

Hope you guys can get you orders that you had before in before the 18th.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2004, 09:52 PM »
Imagine what will happen when they get an Exclusive figure or two from Hasbro and 10000 people are trying to order them at the same time

Like, say, oh I don't know...
The Silver Sandtrooper Convention Exclusive?

It will be a NIGHTMARE when that figure is put up for sale on the site...

I'm sure they will work in some crap about how it will be exclusive to Hyperspace members FIRST, then Fan Club Members, etc.

I'm already right there with ya predicting disaster on this one...

Jeff

actually, if they handle it the way paizo handled the santa yoda ordering, everything should be fine. send out e-mails and left a few hundred/thousand people in at a time, and then everything should be ok. of course, they won't do that, and the system will crash again... but hey, i can always use another $50 gift certificate  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2004, 11:04 AM »
With the problems that so many have had, I don't know if you want to risk it...but just stopped by SWShop and it looks like Adventure Kermit is back in stock for those who are interested...shipping April 19th it says.  Just thought I would post in case anyone missed out with all the craziness before.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Well guess what finally arrived in the mail, my 2 patches & gift certificate. Oh yeah, also the 3 Clone Promo cards!   8)

A little late to use the $50. but ya never know what they will have later on.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2004, 02:38 PM »
Well, not a peep and we're coming up on 20 hours since the last email.  Initial deadline went past, but they have since extended it until some time Sunday.  Greeeeeeeat ::)
Is it going to matter?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2004, 05:08 PM »
So here I am talking to myself ::)

I thought what the hell, let's go try again.  I logged in no problem and proceeded to get my cart.  Great news.  Even better news, my cinemacast Vader is in my cart :o  Oh yeah baby ;D  

Right?  Well, no, actually.  

I go to checkout, everything is there.  With shipping, it makes it up to around $300 and change with the $14.95 shipping.  Enter the GC code and click update price, world is still going well.  

Click complete and next page comes up leaving me thinking these people are absolute ******* buffoons.  Not only has the cinemacast Vader dissappeared in the blink of an eye, but my $50.00 discount has evaporated as well.  

Guess it's time for Christine and I to have another conversation.  Oh yeah, the kermits and clone busts were greyed out, so no idea if they're coming.  

Could you operate this place any more inefficiently??? >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2004, 05:11 PM »
Man, this is better than Digital Cable!  :D  

You would think they would have got there crap together by now.  ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Could you operate this place any more inefficiently??? >:(

My guess would be: yes, in time.

I'm staying away until the dust settles. Thanks for keeping us posted on this and sorry for your pain.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2004, 06:53 PM »
wow, i'm sorry to hear about all the problems you guys are having. i got this email from starwarsshop.com today:

Dear dave castle,

Thank you for your order from www.starwarsshop.com.

This is your electronic shipment confirmation. Your order xxxxxxxxxx-xx has been shipped. Please note that you will receive multiple shipment confirmations and multiple shipments if you selected the multiple addresses or multiple shipments option while submitting your order.

You can track your shipment using the link below:

Tracking #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or you can go to www.fedex.com and use the following number to track your shipment:

Tracking #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have any questions contact our customer service at: customerservice@starwarsshop.com.

The Star Wars Shop Team
http://www.starwarsshop.com

© 2004 Lucasfilm Ltd. | Privacy Policy | Security | Terms & Conditions.

;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2004, 08:07 PM »
I think when the dust settles, I'm going to order the Star Destroyer wave from these guys. Hopefully, my Adventure Kermit arrives OK.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2004, 11:41 PM »
I think when the dust settles, I'm going to order the Star Destroyer wave from these guys. Hopefully, my Adventure Kermit arrives OK.

I think when the dust settles, I'll officially be banned from shopstarwars.com following litigation to get them to admit the sheer and utter stupidity of the people running the damn place.  

No response to my complaints in two days now even though my order is in.  So they rectified the problem with my March 10th order (maybe) but decided to not bother telling me???  Gee, thanks guys.   ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2004, 12:07 AM »
I have had no response ethier!  ::)  

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Well, they finally replied to me (on the third try) and sent my March 10th order number yesterday afternoon.  The thing is though that I'm no longer really all that enthused about buying anything from them (as I said before, I did not really need the Kermit).  

I considered going ahead and buying the Kermit along with one of those ROTJ theatrical posters, but the ROTJ poster was out of stock and there was literally nothing else in there that interested me.  So, I've pretty much decided that I'm going to just wait and see in regards to the types of things they get there.  

I will say that the customer service (for the most part) has been much better than most other etailers I've dealt with over the years, but this whole situation has been nothing short of confusing and distressing to me (and I'd imagine many other people as well).  

Oh well, the 50 buck GC is valid until the end of the year so maybe by then all the bugs will be worked out and I'll have a job to afford a lot of this stuff. :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2004, 11:07 AM »
I had to leave Thursday afternoon and left the original order number with my daughter and instructions on what to do.  I just got in the door today and I checked my emails and there was a confirmtaion for the order being placed on Thursday night so she was successful.  I figured by now everyone would have gotten their original orders straightened out so I am sorry to hear of your problems Brent.  It will be interesting to see how they handle everyhting for you and what you actually end up with.  

I did notice that my first order (for Vader) has been shipped so (for me anyways) it looks like everything worked out but it certainly wasn't the smooth sailing I thought it would be when it first opened.

Beth