Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76952 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #330 on: June 4, 2004, 09:11 AM »
the confusion - and idiocy - continues. this morning i get three shipping confirmation notices. apparently, they shipped all three of my orders. so i figure they decided to take my check card... not. my bank shows no transactions on my account. but according to the tracking numbers they gave me - which actually worked - these packages were all picked up at around 3am and brought to the fedex warehouse. but i have yet to be charged for these items. not that i'm complaining about free star wars merchandise, i just have a bad feeling about this.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 5, 2004, 12:38 PM »
never mind that last post. this time it was bank being stupid i guess, since this morning these transactions showed up in my online statement.

oh well, so much for "free" goods from starwarsshop.com  ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #332 on: June 7, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Well,

I broke down and ordered from SWS.com despite all the bad reports I keep reading regarding the clone busts.  

I still had my $50 gift certificate to use from that initial disaster, so I decided to use that to order the Sandcrawler.  $59.99 is a bit too steep, so I wasn't going to get one, but $9.99 plus $7.95 shipping is a whole lot more reasonable!  

Yep, that's only $17.94 for the crawler shipped to my door.  Now we wait until November to see what happens next...

;)

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #333 on: June 7, 2004, 02:01 PM »
I sort of wished I had waited to use my Gift Cert on the Sandcrawler instead of the VOTC case...not entirely sold on the Sandcrawler but $18 is a lot easier to swallow than the $60-$70 range

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 7, 2004, 02:17 PM »
Well, I might still have my $50 credit.  Or I might not.  I can't tell.   ::)

Jim received two of the green clonetroopers last week.  Seemingly in good shape, in contrast to yours Scott.  Pretty low numbers too, around 280-290 or so.  I checked my account and they indeed shipped what they said, and true to their word, no shipping charges on that item.  

No Kermits however, which seems to contradict their second email on the matter, but is in agreement with the first email.  Also no idea of whether they will process/ship the second order of busts I made (2 more)

In terms of delivered items, they are spot on.  Thus far.  

In terms of my GC, there is no record of it in my account, this makes me mildly nervous.  I suppose if they don't use it and we can rectify the issue down the line an $18 Sandcrawler sounds pretty appealing.  

Is it just me or is dealing with SSW.com like dealing with Andy? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 7, 2004, 02:23 PM »
I still have my $50 credit.  ;D

So Brent, no Kermit for you? Zip, Nada, nil! You no have...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 7, 2004, 03:55 PM »
I still have my $50 credit.  ;D

So Brent, no Kermit for you? Zip, Nada, nil! You no have...

Well, not yet.  Why, is it sold out?  Gosh, where would the surprise be?  I only ordered within 5 minutes of the store opening on March 10, so why should I end up with one.  

Bah, they'll show up.  I hope.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #337 on: June 7, 2004, 04:18 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how that card got inside the box...anyone who has a bust can take a gander and try and explain it...not too happy about it :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 7, 2004, 08:12 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how that card got inside the box...anyone who has a bust can take a gander and try and explain it...not too happy about it :-X

You'll have to ask Jim.  I think the one he opened had the receipt inside it, so he might have a clue.  Not really a cool thing to do on their part.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #339 on: June 7, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Oh sh!t

But this isn't the only member perk at StarWarsShop.com. Hyperspace fan club members will also have early purchase rights on select hot products, starting with the 2004 Silver Saga Sandtrooper action figure after its Comic-Con debut, and another special surprise item that we'll announce at Comic-Con. Watch starwars.com and StarWarsShop.com for further pre-order announcements, including a top-secret StarWarsShop.com-exclusive figure coming this fall.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2004, 08:26 PM by I Love Kobe Bryant! »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 7, 2004, 09:25 PM »
Meh, big deal.  They'll announce a limited quantity of another 10,000 Toy Fair Vaders.   ::)

You know, the fan club wouldn't bug me so much if it wasn't for the fact that Walmart gets the Insider a good three weeks before me.  Sure, it's kind of nice to be able to mark the date when I expect it to arrive, but half an hour in the magazine aisle in Walmart and I wouldn't need to be a member.  I can live with paying a little more than US residents, I'm used to it.  But reading all the discussion here in the threads about stuff in the magazine makes it tough.  No idea what the hell you people are talking about and by the time it shows up, you're all spent in terms of discussion.  

Being forced to pay for Hyperspace does nothing to particularly thrill me either.  I expect I'll ride out the membership for another year, but after the next twelve months I won't see much point.   :-\  

Late magazine, more expensive, questionable service at the store, horrid shipping to Canada.  Gee, real me in a little further with the excitement ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2004, 10:30 PM »
It came :-\

Box is all scratched to hell...the Free Clone Wars card was inside the box and there is no way in hell it could get in there without SSW.com opening it and putting it inside...I'm wondering if they opened them all to check the #'s on the busts (I got #1396/2500)

Packed really well though even though the box is all scratched up

Mine came today from Beth. It's numbered 1101/2500. There was also a Clone Wars card in mine & the box has a few marks on it but not as bad as yours sounds Scott. I say they opened the box & put the card in as there was a little lift on the tab.

They could have slid the card in the box instead on opening it. Overall, I'm very happy with it.  :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2004, 11:07 PM »
when i received my green clone bust the other day, they just put the clone wars promo card in the shipping box, not the clone box. is that too confusing? anyway, i wound up with 0048/2500  :P

and when did they start shipping individual cards instead of the entire 3 card set?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2004, 11:23 PM »
The shipping numbers sure are all over the place.  I think Jim said the two that arrived at his place are 288/289, so pretty low, but not as low as Dave's (nice).  Our boxes were fine though and mine is the one that wasn't opened.  Jim muttered something about deserving the cards :-*

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2004, 08:57 AM »
I deserve it because I, umm, saw it first.  :P  The card itself was just in the sealed bag that the box was wrapped in and not in the box itself. Interesting that they are doing it 2 different ways. And actually the 2 busts that arrived here were #'d 227/228 with 228 being the one I opened.