Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76955 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #435 on: August 30, 2004, 05:09 PM »
My ROTS T-Shirt just shipped!  They can't screw this one up can they?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 30, 2004, 06:18 PM »
I don't know.... They could've cut some holes in it...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Revenge

« Reply #437 on: August 30, 2004, 06:33 PM »

It might say "Return of the Sith".  ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 30, 2004, 06:54 PM »

i wouldn't put it past them. but then again, does shipping it 2 weeks late count as screwing it up? 'cause they already did that. and, i can see this coming from them:

"what do you mean you didn't order a children's size?"

SilverZ

« Reply #439 on: August 30, 2004, 07:13 PM »

Watch it come sealed up inside bubblewrap with lucrative amounts of foam popcorn padding out the box, then insured. With a trading card crushed and folded in half floating on top.  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 30, 2004, 07:15 PM »

[sarcasm]Considering how well my first and only order has gone, it'll probably be fine![/sarcasm]
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 2, 2004, 03:28 AM »
Well my cousin in Melbourne got his today and he said they learned their lesson.
Shirts were packed in a big box as well as the other 2 sandtroopers he ordered and they were minty as he put it, so maybe it will be ok.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #442 on: September 3, 2004, 03:33 PM »
I wrote them an e-mail a few days ago, politely asking them if it was at all possible to cancel a Silver Sandtrooper from my Holographic Emperor order I recently placed.

I finally got an e-mail back from them today, talking some kind of nonsense about my login information for their site.   ???  They didn't mention a thing about the Silver Sandtrooper, even though my original e-mail was attached to their reply.

I of course wrote them back, asking WTF their response related to, and to please answer my original question.  Should be interesting to see what happens next...   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 3, 2004, 04:10 PM »
It is definitely interesting dealing with them.  Awhile back, I ordered a t-shirt from them, when it said "in stock" on their site.  Well, I didn't get any confirmation or delivery information for quite awhile, so I finally e-mailed them to see what the hold up was.  They told me it was backordered until the beginning of August.  Ok, no biggie.  Then it got to be August, and then September, and I saw it show up for 2-3 days again on their site as "in stock", then to disappear again and not be stocked.  I e-mailed them again to ask why my order hadn't shipped since it was "in stock" for a bit.  Then they said it would be shipped right away, and I got it two days later (today actually).  Just funny how it works out, but at least it isn't the horror story that some other people have had with them.  Hopefully things are improving, I guess I can't complain.  I am glad they have the store, since they offer some things that you can't really find elsewhere.  As long as their customer service/shipping practices work out better, things should (hopefully) be ok.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 3, 2004, 08:30 PM »
Well, I just had to deal with them yesterday about my package being delivered to Tennessee instead of Michigan, at least according to my tracking number.   Here is their response (which is a little garbled but I don't always type the best either):

Dear customer,
Your order has been to the correct address. We have spoken to Fedex about your tracking number and there a glitch in their system. The wrong tracking was associated with your order. We have been assured by Fedex that your correct order is in route or has been delivered to you. Fedex ground delivery usually takes 5 to 7 business days. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Funny thing is, I called Fedex and the lady stated that there was absolutely nothing in their system about a package being delivered to me.  She told me the last item I had delivered to me was in August (she was right, it was my f/x saber).  So...who do YOU think is incorrect???   ::)
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #445 on: September 4, 2004, 01:19 AM »
I'm not going to answer that Beth...   ;)

I got a reply from them tonight as well, and they apologized for the confusion (above) and said they sent an e-mail reply that was supposed to go to someone else, to me instead by accident, as a reply to my question.

But to their credit, they said they'd take the Silver Sandtrooper off my order.  Now hopefully that's actually still the case both when I get billed, and when my package is shipped.  I think I'll write back next week sometime to confirm that the Sandie's indeed off my order.  Wish me luck...

And good luck with your package Beth.  Sounds like you're gonna need it!   :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #446 on: September 7, 2004, 09:17 AM »
I got my T-Shirt in the mail on Saturday, its fine, they got one right, still not ordering anything else from those bastards

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #447 on: September 7, 2004, 11:33 AM »
I ordered a VOTC case from thema few weeks ago, and I wanted to check the case assortment. Now I can't find any non-12-inch VOTC figures on their site. What the hell? They suck Lobot's nuts.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 7, 2004, 01:13 PM »
Although I most definitely haven't had quite the negative experiences of many of you here, here's my latest experience with StarWarsShop.com.  In July, I placed an order for a Star Wars t-shirt (vintage styled), which was listed as "in stock" on their site.  After a couple of weeks had gone by without any e-mails or shipping notices, I e-mailed them to check on the status of my order.  Also, during this time, the shirt disappeared from their site.  I got a reply saying that it was backordered and would ship the first week or so of August.  Ok, sounds good.  It gets to be September, and still hadn't heard anything, and I see the shirt pop up again on their site as "in stock", only to disappear again after a few days.  Still no shipping notice, so I figure I'd write them again just to see that since it was "in stock" if it would be shipping soon.  A day later I get an e-mail saying it had shipped out that day, and I did receive the item on Friday (shipped quickly).  Now, today Fedex drops off another shirt (the same one), basically one shipping day later with the holiday.  I've now ordered from SWShop twice (also ordered the Indy Kermit way back when), and both times now this has happened.  I've got sent two, when I only ordered one.  I sent the last Indy Kermit back, and now I guess I'll have to make a trip to go send this back as well.  Definitely something not working quite right with their site, ordering system, etc.  Anyways, nothing as bad as many of you, but they just don't seem to have things quite right there.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 7, 2004, 08:22 PM »
I'm still waiting on my figures.  I fired off another email to them so we'll see what the reply is this time.   Geesh.. ::) :P ::)
Beth