Author Topic: Lets get this party started.  (Read 7775 times)

Offline Todd H.

• Youngling
  • GNT BLOWS
    • View Profile
Lets get this party started.
« on: March 10, 2004, 08:50 AM »
Man u all need to start posting more here. This place has some serious experienced collectors as members. I understand Rebelscum is bigger but thats because of all the trafic it gets all day long. Instead of posting at RS all day lets give this place on the posts or even the same posts.
-Todd-

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Lets get this party started.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 09:03 AM »
Good idea Todd, lets add some life to this section.  8)  So where to start? Lets see, ding! Prototype's, I know Wayne is interested in them & I don't have any yet so what would be the best way to go to acquire one? What should we be looking for in starting out collecting these? Any advice to a newbie such as myself would be perfect.  8)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:54 PM »
Ask and you shall receive.

Dale heads up I will be parting with a POTF Endor Luke firstshot very soon if your interested ;)  If you are you got first chance at it.

I agree that we need some more traffic in the vintage area and I am guilty of not posting much.  We could revive the fig of the week again. Any ideas?  Maybe not only pics but info on cardbacks errors and the like.

Todd nice caption under your av. check out my sig. ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 12:54 PM by Reconsgt »
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 01:02 PM »
Ask and you shall receive.

Dale heads up I will be parting with a POTF Endor Luke firstshot very soon if your interested ;)  If you are you got first chance at it.

:o

You guys & your caption's!  ;D

Offline Todd H.

• Youngling
  • GNT BLOWS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 04:42 PM »
My word of advice is dont do it, prototypes suck  ;D I need no one else looking for ones. Kidding aside, if your looking for Vintage ones you better start networking like heck they dont come up to often and when they do you dont want to pay Brians toys or Cloud city prices. Of course if anyone does feel free to email me and I will sell you some. I happen to know a collector who's going to have a bunch of FS for sale real soon but he bought them from Derby so the prices may be a little pricey. DSJ, I hope this is kind of what your looking for. Keep posting in the forums that your looking for some and they will start showing up.
As for newer prototypes they are all over ebay everyday and I have no clue about newer prototypes, sorry.
-Todd-

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 07:33 PM »
Todd I agree. No added competition for the protos ;)  Networking is the best. Dale if your after anything specific feel free to drop me a line and I will help you if I can. Patience, set your limits, and keep searching. There is some good stuff out there. Figs are easier than vehicles. Believe me my landspeeders were a long time in the making to find them. I did see some mini rig protos recentlly, I beleive They were on ebay but make sure they are a trustworthy seller.
 The newer stuff seems to me to be to readily avaliable to be worth pursuing with to much vigor. I only pick up things in my area of focus.

Anyway Dale I pmed you pics of the  Luke  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 09:37 AM »
Anyway Dale I pmed you pics of the  Luke  :)

Indeed you have.  :)  

Todd, the only new proto's I have is a few from the Playskool line.

These things are just too cool!  8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 10:31 AM »
I agree that we need some more traffic in the vintage area and I am guilty of not posting much.  We could revive the fig of the week again. Any ideas?  Maybe not only pics but info on cardbacks errors and the like.

I like Wayne's idea of the figure of the week idea.  Let's make this happen,
I'll go ahead and start a thread with a picture this week.  Being that I am 10 away from completing my vintage collection, my focus is definnitely here since I no longer collect modern.  Maybe we could also include a vehicle/beast/playset of the week?

No offense to Scum, but I get a bit turned off when someone asks a question about a repro and get lambasted with "search the threads, your waisting our time. "  I tried looking up some info on repro sabers and their were a lot of threads on repros.  If someone does not have an abundance of time, should the be shot down for asking?

I know there are repeat offenders but I hope you see my point to welcome posts.  Since repros is such a reoccuring inquiry why not post the most detailed thread as a sticky?  

-Fish-

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 10:40 AM »
I Since repros is such a reoccuring inquiry why not post the most detailed thread as a sticky?  

-Fish-

Good idea. Still needs to be updated though.

I'm all for a figure of the week, lets try that & see how it goes, then we will try a vehicle/beast/playset of the week.  ;)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 10:48 PM »
Sounds good. Lets get the fig of the week going. I will try to contribute what I can.  What I really need to do is transfer my files I have at work to hoem so I have my resource guides. I have to much free time at work and a much better computer so I do most of my hobby research there ;D  At least I get paid to do something I have a passion for ;)

Fish feel free to start it off.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 10:50 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2004, 07:30 PM »
Just got these today.  8)  Undocumented Preschool Ewok First Shots.  8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Dale,

Very nice.  Care to share how much coin they cost you?  Did you get those off ebaY?

Again, they look great.

-Fish-

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 3, 2004, 01:06 PM »
Not off eBay, from a private collector.  :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2004, 05:41 PM »
A big Thanks & Thumbs Up to Wayne for this Prototype that has been added to my collection. A First Shot Luke Skywalker Battle Poncho, no dates, copyright or country on legs.  8)

Thanks Wayne!    

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 8, 2004, 10:41 PM »
I can't even land a regular Luke Poncho, and here you go Dale rubbing it on in.  Great piece.  

Do protoype pieces come with just one of these three on the figure (dates / copyright / country)?  Or does a piece have to be missing all three indicators to be a prototype?

Looks like it is in nice collectible condition as well ;D.

-Fish-