Author Topic: New JD Review: Jedi Luke (Jabba's Palace)  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Jedi Luke (Jabba's Palace)
« on: March 10, 2004, 10:30 PM »
Yeah yeah yeah, been a while, I know...   :P

But, finally a new review is up and running, and hopefully we'll have some more right around the corner.  

This week it's Jedi Luke from Jabba's Palace...  Feel free to check him out RIGHT HERE, and as always let us know what you think here in our forums.

My opinion was a real roller-coaster on this figure...  Some great features, and some not-so-great features like bad paint aps, poor accessories, and lacking articulation.

Check out the review linked above or on our front page, and speak your mind though.  Gonna be tough to compete with Brad's Jedi Luke review there, but I think we can try.   :P

PS: Thanks to Brad, Scott, Matt, Chris B., and the gang here for putting this up for me!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New JD Review: Jedi Luke (Jabba's Palace)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 04:57 PM »
Nice job Jesse!  I really like this figure, one of my favorites for the Saga line, it would be a top 5 figure of all time with a little added articulation and if it included 2 right hands.  I'm a fan of Soft Goods and I think the Cloak is awesome...I think its a perfect representation of Luke as he enters the Palace up until he gets thrown in the Rancor pit...after that, he's deifnitely hit and miss

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 12:21 AM »
My one only MAJOR gripe with him is the lack of ball/socket elbows.

If ever a figure would've looked good and could've USED those, it was this guy.  That would've made Luke one hell of a poseable figure.

The cloak is cool to me, but the way it's sewn is just odd.  The vintage one sat a little better...  It was sewn a little better.  Had Hasbro done some better planning on how they'd sew it, I think it would look better...  

Beyond that, I really liked the figure, even with bad paint aps.  And he still pulls off some good poses.  A good "lunging for the gun" pose is my favorite.  Second fav would be the "hands clasped" pose.

of course, I'd still take a SA softgoods version of this figure in a heartbeat.   :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 03:35 PM »
Nice job Jesse, I really enjoyed the review.  Look forward to more.  This is one of my favorite figures, and one I have been looking forward to for a long time.  I'm definitely on board with your comment that this figure could have used ball-socket elbows.  That would have been really nice.  I like the soft goods cloak too, but I just can't get it to sit just perfect....and can't decide if I want to display him with or without it (for now, with).  The paint job on the head of figure I have leaves a little to be desired though, and the knees seem kind of loose...otherwise, a great figure, and one of my favorites.  Definitely the best ROTJ Luke we have had, and probably the best Hamill likeness we've seen.  Again, good job!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 04:03 PM »
Thanks Mosnab.

I'm trimming some of the extra fabric inside the cloak at the seams, very carefully mind you, to get it to set a little better on my figure.  I too have a tough time getting it look really great.

Hopoefully with some work...  That or I'll make a new cloak out of a limper fabric someday.  For now it's all I have though.  :)