Collectibles > Other Collectibles

WW/Clone Pilot fiasco!

(1/4) > >>

DualSaberMaster:
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this,or if this belongs in the Junk Yard.  Moderators,please move or do your thing,as you see fit.  Posted this over at RS of my day at WW:

The LA WW convention sold out it's WHOLE weekend alotment of Pilot bust 10 minutes after opening Saturday morning 10 am.  I was in line 1 hour before gates opened and I estimate about 500+ people in line before me. When I made it inside I was about 10th in line at the Wizards booth,about 4 people in front of me away from snagging a couple of Pilots.(2 per person limit)That's when the people in the Wizard booth shouted out the words no one wanted to hear: "NO MORE CLONE PILOTS" "WE ARE SOLD OUT FOR THE WEEKEND" Unfreaking believeable!  :o  I was not even inside the Con 5 minutes and SOLD OUT for the weekend. :'(
There were people in line who already bought pilots the night before(preview night) and had some in hand,and were in line again to purchase more pilots!   ::)
I walked around in utter disgust,and to no surprise most of those Fat,Smelly,Greasy,Low-life scalper Comic book/Vendors had about two pilots each selling them for a minimum price of $200!!!!!! Eventually and painfully found one for triple retail price of $125 because I had to have one,as that is the only reason I went to that geek fest. A couple words of advice I can offer from experience to those going to their respective WW conventions: Go to "Preview Night" and take a sleeping bag because your sleeping over to ensure yourself a pilot. ::)

On a lighter note meet and had lunch with Matt(JediMAC) and Jared(Tydirium)  Great,friendly,and forgetful guys(wink,wink  :P ;D)  Nice meeting/hanging out with you guys today!

Boba Binks:
Well it looks like I will not be getting this bust to add to my collection.  >:(

I would of though after the Blue Clone fiasco they would have learned and produced more for the shows.

I know it is a long shot but I  hope that the starwarsshop acquires some.

BigDumbWookiee:
This was pretty much the nail in the coffen for me. I'm now selling all of my AOTC mini busts, and will now collect strictly OT.

Darth Kenobi:
I think it sad that the bust fisco happened againlike it did with the Blue clone.  I have mix feelings on having them re-release them again if they do another run as alot of people think they should.  I my opinion I think if they do another run that there should be a difference in the bust (wouldn't be necessary if they just used new numbers like 2501 on) so that no one can claim that this was a WWLA bust and may get more money if the low number bust get more money in the future.  
I wasn't there at this show but I'm wondering if anyone who was there saw any dealers buy these bust from "collectors" which happens alot with exclusives that I have seen.  I ask this because in someways, some collectors, end up causing these problems to try and get one over the scalpers which will end up causing the scalpers to sell them at higher prices.  I saw and heard "collectors" talking about this over at C2 with the Sacul and kept on buying them just to sell to the scalpers for $25+ over the three days.  
Just my 2 cents.

Boba Binks:
I have heard that this bust is going for as high as $400.00!!  :o

I am thinking of dropping out of this line. It is to frustrating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version