Author Topic: Vehicle discussion/speculation!  (Read 37278 times)

SilverZ

Re: Vehicle discussion/speculation!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2004, 02:47 PM »
There's a pick up of the OTC Y-Wing over at Scum. Red deco. I like it, but I have the previous release. Does the non-movie paintjob bug anyone?

I'm waiting to see if Scum's reactionary and speculative postings about the Sandcrawler have any weight.

This also got me thinking - all the exclusives as of late are window-boxed, but the OTC vehicles don't seem to be. I wonder what's going to happen with the OTC exclusives. I'm actually hoping for NO windowbox on them.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 03:07 PM »
Same here on the boxes. It'd be kinda cool to get non window boxes for a change (what's sad is I'm having nostalgic feelings for POTF2)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2004, 03:21 PM »
Stupid question (hey, it's what I do): is the Slave I that is being released in the fall going to only be a repaint of the Saga Jango version, or will it have some sculpt modifications made as well?

I guess I should clarify by saying I know it's going to be a repaint of the Saga version, but I was wondering if they were going to keep the "homing beacon" thing or the weaponry (bombs and missles) in this version or drop those in favor of a retooled cargo hold (and maybe include a Han in Carbonite, along the lines of the solid version of the POTF2 block I brought up in one of the Saga threads).  As much as I love the Saga sculpt, keeping the missles and bombs and homing beacon on a OT version wouldn't make a whole lot of sense...IMO.

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2004, 06:38 AM »
I would hope that they'd do some retooling. But that's asking a lot out of the Hasbro braintrust, I think. The TRU Red Leader is a good indicator of what we'll see out of these vehicles... not much. Maybe I'm wrong, and they've put as much work into Slave1 as they have the Falcon, but I'm not full of hope.

It's really missing the core ESB play feature if you can't put a carbonite block in the cargo hold. What would be the point?  :-\ We'll see.

Is that the first time "Hasbro" and "braintrust" have ever been used in the same sentence before?

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2004, 11:36 AM »
I would hope that they'd do some retooling. But that's asking a lot out of the Hasbro braintrust, I think. The TRU Red Leader is a good indicator of what we'll see out of these vehicles... not much. Maybe I'm wrong, and they've put as much work into Slave1 as they have the Falcon, but I'm not full of hope.

It's really missing the core ESB play feature if you can't put a carbonite block in the cargo hold. What would be the point?  :-\ We'll see.

Is that the first time "Hasbro" and "braintrust" have ever been used in the same sentence before?

It is the first time without the [heavy sarcasm] Hasbro braintrust [/heavy sarcasm] to let the niave readers know how to read the sentence.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Hi All,

Amazon.com has put the new TRU Y-Wing up for pre-order...

Amazon's RotJ Red Y-Wing w/Gold Leader Pilot

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2004, 05:07 PM »
Galactichunter.com has a picture of the OTC Slave I:

OTC Slave I

It looks like it is indeed a modified Ep2 Slave I.  The missile launching hatch is still there, but there have been some changes made...

No word on a Carbonite Han Block though :(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2004, 01:20 PM »
I also read over at the GH forums that Mike said Hasbro said the mold for the original Cloud Car was lost forever and so the likelyhood of a new updated one ever being made would be cost prohibitive...idiots ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2004, 02:31 PM »
So, let me get this straight:  Hasbro can't simply BUY a vintage Clound Car on the secondary market, take it apart and develop a mold from it?  Lame and cheap, IMO.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2004, 07:10 PM »
GH has pics of the OTC TIE Fighter boxed and loose. Thankfully, it has the corrected KB exclusive mold without the battery compartment.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Here's the Vader's Tie from 4-inches.de:

I assume that's the Gunner Station Vader...?

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2004, 04:42 PM »
Hard to tell, but that's a good guess. The 4-inches link to the figure goes to the wrong image.

I take it from the pics that this is the "battle damaged" version?

That's nifty packaging. Damn them for making it look so good.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Looks to me like the figure has the waist cape but not the full "neck" cape.  If it is the Gunner Station version, they've modified it since the original had no waist cape.  Of course, as Tydirium said, it's hard to tell exactly what figure it is at this point, considering the link is incorrect on 4-inches' website.

On the topic of other vehicles, does anyone know if the side guns and the missle launcher attached to the "new" ESB decoed Slave I are removable or if they are permanently attached to the outside of the hull?  At this point, I'm considering buying it, but if they're a permanent part of the ship's hull, I might have to reconsider.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2004, 01:34 PM »
I'll be somewhat disappointed if this really is the Gunner Station Vader.  There's also the possibility it could be Vader from the Complete Galaxy set.

My choice for this Vader, had it been a rehash, would have been the CommTech Vader.  That's the Vader I've currently got in my TIE Fighter.  It's got softgoods all around, and his hands are even posed as if they're on the control yoke of his TIE Fighter.

Despite the saying, everything old is NOT new again.  It's still the same, old stuff.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 1, 2004, 10:02 AM »
I think this is a vehicle pack I'll be picking up, since I missed Vader's TIE the first time around.  On a side note, still really digging this silver and black packaging on things...just nice and nostalgia-ey :).