Author Topic: Vehicle discussion/speculation!  (Read 37325 times)

SilverZ

Re: Vehicle discussion/speculation!
« Reply #30 on: June 2, 2004, 03:17 PM »
Yeah, the packaging is so appealing that it overrides the repack anger I have. It's lovely. The new pics at GH show it off even more, don't you think? They way they've positioned the TIE on the side panels so it looks part of the movie images is brilliant.

Those new pics of Vader certainly are the Gunner Station one, right?
« Last Edit: June 2, 2004, 03:18 PM by Tydirium »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 2, 2004, 07:48 PM »
Yeah, that's definitely the Gunner Station Vader.  I guess my seeing the cloth waist cape was merely a trick of light in the first picture, since it now looks like it's just the neck cape being held tight due to the twist-tie around Vader's waist.  

That being said, this is really one of the best Vaders they could have included in the set.  The cape is removable (at least on the GS one) so I don't think it would be as prone to ripping as the CTC version, and the figure was made to sit in a TIE cockpit anyway, so I think they went the right route with this one.  

I'm curious to see what they end up doing with the packin figures for the ESB Slave I and the new Y-Wing.  Is there going to be a Fett included (I haven't seen pictures; and if so which one?), and who is included with the Y-Wing?  A Gold Leader from the Saga line?

SilverZ

« Reply #32 on: June 2, 2004, 08:23 PM »
It's been a while since I've even seen my GS Vader. I guess my only beef would be with the headsculpt. This figure was before they really nailed the proportions correctly. This one seems a bit tiny. I agree that's a good choice though.

If Hasbro's recent history didn't make me think otherwise, I'd speculate that Slave 1 would include a Fett kitbashed from the Saga Boba and Jango Pilot figures. Now my money is on them cramming Saga Boba in without any changes.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 3, 2004, 12:48 AM »
I'm curious to see what they end up doing with the packin figures for the ESB Slave I and the new Y-Wing.  Is there going to be a Fett included (I haven't seen pictures; and if so which one?), and who is included with the Y-Wing?  A Gold Leader from the Saga line?

There hasn't been any word of pack-ins with these vehicles thus far.  I'm planning on putting my Gold Leader figure in the new Y-Wing, and either a Pit of Carkoon or VOTC Boba Fett in the new Slave I.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: June 3, 2004, 08:32 AM »
There hasn't been any word of pack-ins with these vehicles thus far.  I'm planning on putting my Gold Leader figure in the new Y-Wing, and either a Pit of Carkoon or VOTC Boba Fett in the new Slave I.

Here is the Pre-sell at Amazon.com:
Star Wars Return of the Jedi 3.75" Red Y-Wing Gold Leader

Note that its says:
"From the Manufacturer:
This is the 3.75" scaled Star Wars Red Y-Wing Gold Leader vehicle. Comes with Gold Leader Pilot figure. This item was in Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi."

Good chance that the Y-Wing has a pack-in :)

Now, whether the pack-in pilot is just the same recycled figure from the Red Leader X-Wing or Dutch Vander or something else, that I just don't know...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: June 3, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Arvel Crynyd Part III is my guess on the Y-Wing

Yakface had a post yesterday that they heard the Cloud Car was on tap for next year...

I find that highly doubtful

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: June 3, 2004, 06:55 PM »
Good to hear there's a pack-in for the Y-wing. I'll keep my expectations to 0% just in case.

Cloud Car was on tap for next year

Yeah.

SilverZ

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2004, 09:34 PM »
I went over to Entertainment Earth today to will-call some Kill Bill figures (which are fantastic, btw) and they had the boxed OTC TIE and X-wing out in the lobby. It's the first time I've held any OTC line stuff in my hands, and my oh my, the packaging and presentation is so delicious! It makes me excited to find both vehicles at retail, regardless of being rehashes. You get a rush of vintage era nostalgia looking at them the I, quite frankly, haven't felt once in the modern era.

It's perfect.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2004, 04:14 PM »
Sure looks like 300th Fett doesn't it.

Hmmm.

I am not sure what I think of this one.  Ep2 re-paint Slave 1 to look like Ep5 Slave 1, with a figure I already have.  I guess I'll have to see it in person before I write it off.

Nice package though...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2004, 04:38 PM »
It's all about the packaging :-\  

Vader's Tie looks like a great display piece, as long as I don't open it.  I need a boxed Falcon regardless, so OTC will be great.  

But this is a dilemma.  I have a purple boxed Slave I.  I have two, maybe three boxed Ep II Slave I's.  Do I really need another?  I doubt it.  But dang, leaving those in the box sure would make an awesome display of the ships.  The packaging is stunning and eye catching, so much nicer than the hideous green and slightly less unsightful purple versions.  Much nicer than Saga blue as well.  

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I need to go see just how many Ep II slave I are in storage.....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2004, 05:17 PM »
Holy crap, that looks awesome! I might just get it because of the 300th Fett, since I already have the E2 Slave I...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2004, 05:18 PM »
This looks lightyears better than the AOTC Slave I ever did.  Wow!  The ESB paintjob is hot, and the modifications are notable:

-different cannons
-new blasters amidships
-more missiles
-no seismic charges

300th Fett as a pack-in?  Not bad, especially after Hasbro put that awful Gunner Station Vader in with the new Vader TIE.  This has always been a really good figure.  I can understand this one getting rehashed.

Now, I've been a loose collector for a while...but this looks tremendous in the package!  By far, it's one of the best window boxes I've ever seen Hasbro do.  I think I might just be buying two of these and I'll be retiring my POTF2 Slave I.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2004, 05:49 PM »
Fantastic packaging but I am a little leary that the front/top will be hard to find in mint condition.  This would be another item I would have to leave packaged...blast it anyways, I'm already out of room!!!
Beth

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2004, 05:58 PM »
Aaargh! My love/hate relationship with Hasbro rides another set of waves today. You drag me down with the wave7 casepack cancellation, then bring me up with this, you stinking wenches.

I'm a sucker for OTC packaging, that's for sure. I'm also of the opinion that the Ep2 Slave1 mold smokes the vintage/POTF2 version, so this, to me, is the most logical and well-done repaint that could happen. I'll be buying two.