Community > JD Sports Forum!

MLB 2004

(1/143) > >>

Mikey D:
Well, it's here.  The Yanks - Devil Rays are playing as I type over in Japan and Opening Day in the States is here in 5 short days.

Who you got to win?  What teams will surprise people this year?

I think, much like last year, the Red Sox and Yankees will beat the sh!t out of each other once again.  And I also believe if one of them falters, then Toronto could be right there lying in the wings.  

My predictions:

NL East:  Phillies
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Giants
NL WC: Houston

AL East: Red Sox (got to give the love to the hometown boys, plus I think they have the better pitching staff)
AL Central: Royals
AL West: Mariners
AL WC: Yankees

Surprise teams:  Toronto and Baltimore should make the AL East interesting and could possible contend, especially if the Red Sox or Yankees don't do as well as expected.

GO RED SOX!!

Dressel Rebel:
Wow, Yanks lost to TB in Japan.  Game 2 is 17 hours from now.

AL East: NY Yankees
AL Central: Kansas City Royals
AL West: Anaheim Angels
AL Wild Card: Boston Red Sox

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies
NL Central: Houston Astros
NL West: San Franscisco Giants
NL Wild Card: Chicago Cubs

National League Champs: Houston Astros
American League Champs: New York Yankees

World Series Champion: New York Yankees

Scott:
I've been absolutely PATHETIC in my picks of division champs the last 3 years but here goes

AL East: NY Yankees
AL Central: Kansas City Royals (same spot the Twins were in 2 years ago, they are hungry and have gotten better while the Twins got worse)
AL West: Oakland A's (pitching wins baby)
AL Wild Card: Boston Red Sox

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies (I think I've picked them 3 straight times, bastards)
NL Central: Chicago Cubs (too many weapons plus they added more from last year)
NL West: San Franscisco Giants
NL Wild Card: Houston Astros (see Oakland)

National League Champs: Chicago Cubs

World Series Champion: Chicago Cubs

As much as I hate damn Cubs fans and the 80 million bandwagon jumpers they get when they make the playoffs, I think they have a real shot at winning it all.  LaTroy Hawkins was a huge signing, he absoultely shuts teams down in the 7th and 8th when he most needed, something the Cubs really need.  Sosa, Alou, Ramirez, Patterson and Lee make for a really solid line up and Prior (when he gets back) Wood and Clement are pretty solid 1, 2, 3.  Its their year, God help us all

Mikey D:
Here's my AL and NL Champions, I'm going with the World Series everyone (or at least MLB) wants to see:

NL Champions: Cubs
AL Champions: Red Sox

And guess what, there won't be a winner.  The world's coming to an end with 2 outs, 2 on, 3-2 count in the bottom of the ninth.  I have foreseen it.

Actually, that's not going to happen, the Red Sox in six.  The world will be safe, while Boston gets rioted into obvilion.

Jeff:
I, too, am a crappy division-winner chooser, but it never stops me from trying...

AL East: New York Yankees
AL Central:  Minnesota Twins
AL West: Oakland A's
AL Wild Card: Toronto Blue Jays

NL East: Atlanta Braves
NL Central: Chicago Cubs
NL West: LA Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Houston Astros

National League Champs: Chicago Cubs

World Series Champion: Chicago Cubs

Or something like that...