Author Topic: MLB 2004  (Read 117645 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: It's Outta Here! The JD Official 2004 Baseball Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2004, 12:59 PM »
Cubs have a chance at the Wild Card and I think the Giants still have a chance in the West

Cough...nice job Dodgers!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2004, 01:14 PM »
Yep.  Dodgers suck.  Angels suck.  Neither will probably make the post season at this point, just 'cause God hates me.

But I'm still holding out hope 'til the bitter end.  Pretty pathetic to lose 8 games off your lead in just a month or so...

Not to mention Brad Penny finally returned last night after 6 weeks out, and promptly got shelled, and reinjured his arm by the 4th inning.  Brilliant trade that turned out to be.   :-\

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2004, 08:08 PM »
Yep.  Dodgers suck.  Angels suck.  Neither will probably make the post season at this point, just 'cause God hates me.

But I'm still holding out hope 'til the bitter end.  Pretty pathetic to lose 8 games off your lead in just a month or so...

Not to mention Brad Penny finally returned last night after 6 weeks out, and promptly got shelled, and reinjured his arm by the 4th inning.  Brilliant trade that turned out to be.   :-\

As long as Steve Finley and Brad Penny stay put, I still would have given up Mota and Lo Duca.  Of course, LA has to sign Beltre to even have a shot next year anyhow.  I think Beltre might now want a raise.  When asked by an LA area reporter if he thought this season would bring him more value in the free agent market, Beltre replied only, "Bling bling mother ******."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 08:09 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 27, 2004, 06:02 PM »

Hopefully you are wrong since I just bought 3 playoff tickets for the Angels first game of the playoff. 8)

Edit: I had more easily of a time get those then getting my C3 pass and hotel room. 

« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 06:03 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2004, 06:27 PM »
Yeah, looks like I will be catching a few games of the Sox in the playoffs in the first round.  Now I just have to pull a few strings to get tickets to face you Yankee doucebags ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2004, 08:46 PM »
As long as Steve Finley and Brad Penny stay put, I still would have given up Mota and Lo Duca.

Finley wasn't part of that deal though, otherwise most Dodger fans wouldn't have quite such a gripe over it.  The Finley deal went down at the exact same time though, in a 3 team swap, where we gave Dave Roberts to the Yanks (or Sox, can't remember now), got Finley from the D'backs, and I can't remember who they got.  But not part of the LoDuca trade.  We got Penny, HeeSop Choi (Korean first baseman, who's sucked), and some other random dude I can't remember now.

But yeah, Finley's been great, and a healthy Penny (next year) would still make an excellent addition to the staff.  Surprisingly, our bullpen's ERA has actually DROPPED since we got rid of Mota in that trade.  Weird.  Must've just been because Driefort got injured and stopped blowing all the 8th inning holds in Mota's place.

Helluva stretch run here, and the Dodgers have thankfully turned things back up a notch, knocking the hated ones in 2 of 3 over the weekend, to boost our lead back to 2 1/2 over them.  Couple more wins against the Rockies and a Giant loss or two, and hopefully we can put this thing to bed!

Angels have been even more nail biting of late, but pulled out 2 of 3 against the A's, to pull to within 1 game of the Division lead, with 3 more to go against the A's in Oakland to close out the season this weekend.  But fortunately the A's have been sucking much ass the past month, and allowing the Angels to stick around.  Gonna be a serious nail biter, but hopefully the Angels squeek in there!

You guys see that the Angels just suspended our 2nd best hitter, Jose Guillen, for the rest of the season (including playoffs) after he got pissed off at being pulled for a pinch runner on Saturday?!  Damn.  Ballsy move by the Halos.  Most folks are still wondering if there was some further action going down in the clubhouse after the game between Scioscia and Guillen that prompted the suspension.  'Cause a measely little facial gesture sure ain't worth it in most people's opinions.  But at least Glaus is looking healthy again, and swinging the bat better now, so he should be a more than suitable replacement for Guillen's stick.  Sucks that we lost Adam Kennedy for the rest of the season to an injury a few weeks ago too.  That definitely hurts.  As a matter of fact, we just gave up a run to Texas on an error by his replacement at second.  Tied 1-1 right now...

Gonna be one helluva stretch run, that's for sure.  Go SoCal!!!   8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 09:02 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2004, 08:49 PM »

Edit: I had more easily of a time get those then getting my C3 pass and hotel room. 

;D  I bet you did
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2004, 10:59 PM »
Good Lord that was close!  Halos took a 5-3 lead into the bottom of the ninth, where they let the Rangers load the bases with only 1 out.  But Percy fortunately got us out of it.  Barely..   8)

Now the A's just need to LOSE!!!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2004, 11:01 PM »
Have the Dodgers been able to exorcise the ghost of Murdoch's megla-corp already? Why aren't they sucking wind like Harry Knowles after a walk through a long corridor?

Dodgers on the verge of clinching the West... 4 hurricanes in Florida... I fear the apocalypse is near.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2004, 11:08 PM »
Now the A's just need to LOSE!!!

Now THAT is something I can get behind.   ;)

Suck it up A's!  I'd love to open the ALDS at the Homer-Dome!  ;D

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Don't get all excited goof.  You're just gonna lose to us again in the playoffs, so the less you rant and rave now, the less I'll have to rub it into your Twinkie ass later!   :-*

BTW, Beltre just hit a grand slam, to but the Blue up 5-2!  Maybe we just WILL exorcise those Murduch demons...     8)

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2004, 11:14 PM »
the sox are in. now they just need to pass the mfy...i am rooting for the twins this week

ps...mfy = yanks
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2004, 11:18 PM »
Don't get all excited goof.  You're just gonna lose to us again in the playoffs, so the less you rant and rave now, the less I'll have to rub it into your Twinkie ass later!   :-*

BTW, Beltre just hit a grand slam, to but the Blue up 5-2!  Maybe we just WILL exorcise those Murduch demons...     8)

Hey, if we see a Twins/Halos rematch, that'd be great because it'd mean somebody beat the Yank-Offs and the Red Sux.    :-*

the sox are in. now they just need to pass the mfy...i am rooting for the twins this week

ps...mfy = yanks

I'm guessing that you don't mean "My Favorite Yanks"  :P

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2004, 03:02 PM »
absolutely i dont

i dont think lohse will beat hernadez but i am pretty sure they will win the other 2 with radke and santana
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2004, 03:21 PM »
It sure would be nice to roll into the series with the Yanks and take at least 2/3 if not sweep them right before the playoffs like that.   8)

Should be a fun finish to the 2004 regular season as early this week we've got:
Twins at Yankees  - Potential Playoff Preview
Anahiem at Texas  - both are still in the AL West hunt

Then, some HUGE series this weekend:
Giants at Dodgers - Will probably decide the NL West Winner
Anaheim at Oakland - Will probably decide the AL West Winner
Cubs at Atlanta - Will probably help hecide the NL Wild Card

So much crazy stuff could go down yet this week in 4 of the 8 races...

Jeff