Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2004 - Preseason/Draft  (Read 153406 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football
« Reply #1005 on: September 8, 2004, 09:36 PM »
Good idea Nick...that or we could move all talk to the NFL thread

Naaaah, I think a dedicated FFL thread would be best.  It would be good to get past all of the draft and free agency stuff, have opening day rosters, and conduct any trades in a new thread.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 8, 2004, 10:14 PM »

Ditto.  Brees even appeared on my week 2 roster.

But KBZ can have him, I'm going to whip his ass week 1 with or without Drew Brees.

4 more years Zod.

I'm not sweating over the drew brees thing at all.  And I don't see why you gotta keep dragging that nastiness into the conversation.  I know it will be four more years before you win a game of Fantasy Football against me, but why you've got to keep bringing it up is beyond me...

I say the FF thread should stay separate from the NFL thread, or the non FF people will get sick of us talking about it...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 9, 2004, 01:24 PM »
So why is it we didn't go with an extra WR starter spot and/or a "utility" WR/RB spot for our starting lineups?  Every Yahoo league I'm in has one or the other or both.  Just seems like we've got a hell of a lot of guys on our bench and it doesn't make much sense to have that many if there's so few starting spots on our team.  It also takes away the supposed strategy of our late round picks.  Is there anyway we can adjust that and add 2 more starting spots?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 9, 2004, 06:40 PM »
So why is it we didn't go with an extra WR starter spot and/or a "utility" WR/RB spot for our starting lineups?  Every Yahoo league I'm in has one or the other or both.  Just seems like we've got a hell of a lot of guys on our bench and it doesn't make much sense to have that many if there's so few starting spots on our team.  It also takes away the supposed strategy of our late round picks.  Is there anyway we can adjust that and add 2 more starting spots?

Maybe for next year.  I don't think we should change the rules of the game after we started, that being the draft, just because some people feel like they have good players on their bench that could give them an edge, while other people don't.

EDIT:  If there is a 14-0 vote in favor of this addition, now that I think about it, I'd be for it.  But if even one owner feels that their draft strategy would only have worked based on the set roster positions and point values we had at the outset of the draft, then I'm against it.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2004, 06:47 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1009 on: September 9, 2004, 06:58 PM »
Never had a flex player in my leagues I run is why, we won't this year either, maybe next year

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 9, 2004, 07:19 PM »
I know it's late, but I'm all in favor of a flex player.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 9, 2004, 07:58 PM »
I think it's too late to incorporate a flex player anyway. Season kicks off in what, an hour? Far too late to add in that position when players may not even be able to make an adustment to their lineup in time.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 9, 2004, 09:42 PM »
I know no one's called for a vote, but I'd like an extra player.  It could just be added for week two...

But whatever the comish says is fine with me.

Continued Here
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 01:33 PM by OCB »