Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2004  (Read 51073 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
NFL Offseason 2004
« on: February 27, 2004, 02:55 PM »
Debate:

Who's the bigger idiot...Terrell Owens or Jamal Lewis
« Last Edit: September 8, 2006, 11:38 AM by Jeff »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason '04
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 02:58 PM »
Debate:

Who's the bigger idiot...Terrell Owens or Jamal Lewis

TO's agent
Common sense isn't so common

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 1, 2004, 03:53 PM »
LOoks like Portis for Bailey is done...so are the Broncos...IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BLAAAAARGH!!!!!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2004, 09:42 AM »
Agreed FX7, Portis is the #1 or #2 best RB in the league right now, Denver's letting their propensity to find late round gems get to their heads right now.  The Redskins have to be considered a serious threat right now...although their Defense just got a bunch worse...

Denver should have asked for at least a First Round Pick

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 2, 2004, 11:27 AM »
Just read Manning signed the biggest contract ever, 7 years $134,000,000

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 2, 2004, 11:34 AM »
Just read Manning signed the biggest contract ever, 7 years $134,000,000

Doesn't matter, the Pats will still own him this upcoming season.  I predict they'll play the first MNF game at the Razor.  Manning will watch as the Patriots raise another World Championship banner and then precede to throw five interceptions.  

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 2, 2004, 11:36 AM »
Man I am still POd about Portis...that just really sucks.  How the hell do they think Griffith will even come close to Portis.  Sure he was due big bucks but he deserves it, he's 22 years old and killing everyone.  The only knock is he was a little banged up

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 2, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Reading the paper today....the Vikings are $33 Million under the Cap for this year...they HAVE to spend $20 million.  Which means they could easily sign Kearse or Wistrom, Bobby Taylor and Ian Gold and still have $6-7 million to spend.  That was just shocking.

The big question here is...who will they sign to do that???

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 3, 2004, 10:03 AM »
Rumors swirling right now here in MN about the possibility of trading Mr Randy Moss...its been talked about all week this week on Sports Radio here...Moss supposedly told someone he wanted out of here

MN has contacted Miami...Miami supposedly offered Sam Madison, Adewale Ogunleye, Chris Chambers and a #1 Pick

I would pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat...faster than a heartbeat...MN could then turn around and move up in the draft by packaging their 2 #1's for a higher #1 to try and get either WR Williams (Mike or Roy) or Fitzgerald depending on who goes highest in the draft...Huge upgrades at CB and DE.  And Chambers is no slouch at all, in fact he's probably the 2nd best young WR out there right now

I love Moss, don't get me wrong, he's the most talented athlete in the NFL, sure he takes plays off, but he has made some of the most fantastic catches I have ever seen, he takes over games and that is rare for players in the NFL to do.  I'd be sad to see him go but really excited with what they get in reutrn
« Last Edit: March 3, 2004, 10:03 AM by OCB »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 3, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Scott after watching Chambers every week while he was here at UW I will agree with you he is a great young talent and would blossom with the right team. And As a Packer fan I would love to see Moss go to Miami ;)
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 3, 2004, 10:54 AM »
I just heard that this morning too about Moss being talked about between MN and Miami.  Surprising in a way, because he is so talented, but at the same time that package you mentioned Scott would be great for the Vikes I think.

I'm with those who think that Denver is crazy with this trade.  Although Bailey is a great CB, Portis is one of the best running backs in the game...and has so much of a career ahead of him yet.  Washington is certainly upgrading things over there, could be a team to watch next year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 3, 2004, 02:14 PM »
Management is officially saying these trade rumors are complete BS, they aren't shopping Moss to anyone...I do think teams are talking to them though.  Why shouldn't the Vikes listen???

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 3, 2004, 03:18 PM »
If a team was offering that much for arguably my best player, I would seriously listen.  The chance to upgrade a lot of holes in one fell swoop would be tempting.

It's now a guarantee that the Pats will be looking for a running back in either free agency or the draft - not that that wasn't the case before - but with Faulk not being to reach a deal, all three of their RBs - Faulk, Smith and Cloud - are now free agents.  The best fit in Charlie Weis' system would probably be Charlie Garner from Oakland.

And they also couldn't reach a deal with Big Ted Washington and who is now a free agent.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: March 3, 2004, 04:26 PM »
Eagles just signed Kearse...m'eh, he's great for about 6-9 games and then he gets hurt or worn down...I heard today in the last 7 games (inlcuding playoffs) he had 10 tackles and 0 sacks...I'd rather have Wistrom

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 4, 2004, 07:14 AM »
Eagles just signed Kearse...m'eh, he's great for about 6-9 games and then he gets hurt or worn down...I heard today in the last 7 games (inlcuding playoffs) he had 10 tackles and 0 sacks...I'd rather have Wistrom

Yeah, but he's a big upgrade to what they have.  A pass rushing lineman was one of their immediate needs.  Now if they can sign a big free agent WR (TO?) they upgrade their most pressing need.  And their salary cap situation is excellent.

Well it was one and done for big Ted.  He signed a 4 year / $14 million deal with the Raiders.  Sad to see him go.  I know the Pats didn't offer him nearly that much (3 years / $8 million) but why after winning the SB sign with a team that appears to be going no where fast?    Money, I guess and the Raiders new D coordinator was an assistant last year with the Pats, but I figured he would want to be competitive in the final years of his career.