Author Topic: April Fools - Stop the Madness  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: April Fools - Stop the Madness
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2004, 01:54 AM »

Ah, the biggest joke of all.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2004, 01:55 AM by HMI »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Speaking of jokes...check out

http://www.creaturecantina.com

CreatureCantina.com's biggest fan!!
Posted by: Bill Cable 03.31.04 12:01am
This photo was sent in by an "anonymous" source:

« Last Edit: April 2, 2004, 02:53 PM by OCB »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Oh I'm rolling...  That's funny.   ;D

He all but demanded that come down upon himself.  That one is too good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2004, 06:51 PM »
My ex-girlfriend called me today and said she was pregnant, and it's mine.

It wasn't all that funny, really. I about **** my pants though.

It would've been funnier had she said it wasn't yours.  :)  Not to you of course.  Jokes never are funny when they're against you I guess.

This brings me to a thought though...

There's a guy over at Rebelscum who, so I don't mix words here, I simply dislike.  He's a kid, and generally that garners some sympathy from me, but not in this instance.  He's just annoying.

He changes his name more than his clothes, he posts incessantly with "Me too!" type crap, he clutters the "poll" feature there...  Very silly.

And now to top it off, he's taking a nutty on everyone posting stupid April Fool's Day joke threads.

Now, granted, it is stupid...  I hate April Fool's Day because it wastes some of my time generally, and none of it's REAL funny (Save Greg's admission of his CC.com Fandom), but it's just dull to me for the most part and time consuming in the end.

With that, I have to say I dislike the "day", but I don't get PO'd about it.  This kid at Scum's running around telling people that post that they're spamming (which is irony defined) and then yelling at them demanding that some of them "Go to Hell" as was his last line of idiocy.

Getting mad about AFD is counteractive.  It's made for the only entertainment I got out of yesterday, again short of that picture of GNT.

I know you're not mad about it Tydirium, but I'm citing mostly this other individual (and a couple others) at Scum who've posted multiple times, in multiple threads, in multiple sections, about how vehemently they despise AFD and want people who like it to shut up and leave the forums for a time.

To me, it's a day you just have to put up with.  At least it's only once a year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2004, 11:09 PM »
Yeah. I actually like AFD. Only this year I didn't think of anything, so I was out of sorts.

My reaction was priceless to the joke pulled on me. I clammed up for like 15 seconds before speaking again. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2004, 11:13 PM »
this year my manager from work and i sent a penis pump to one of our sales reps... and he works in an office filled with women. i even put in the effort to make an "invoice" and included a gift certificate for $50 off his next purchase for being such a valued and consistent customer... the only bad thing is that we weren't there to see him open it. but it must have been hilarious.