Author Topic: Lakers suck  (Read 30465 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Lakers suck
« Reply #60 on: May 1, 2006, 01:34 PM »
The cool thing about Jordan was the fact that he inspired other players to play better.  Look at Pippen, Paxton, Grant and even B.J. Armstrong.

They all had great seasons when playing with Jordan.

Pippen fell off the face of the earth once he was traded to the Blazers.

Does Kobe have the same effect on his team mates?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: May 6, 2006, 11:23 PM »
w00t ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 7, 2006, 12:20 AM »
The Lakers didn't suck tonight - they were much worse than that.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 7, 2006, 01:40 AM »
Unlike Jordan it sure didn't look like(kobe) he inspired his teamates to do anything did it?

Where's PJ's arrogant after game press speeches now...HAHA!Perfect in first round no more.

Lamar Odom..who dat? Inconsistent play all year until the final month..the playoffs bring it back to him ::). And I've actually argued with Lakers Fans at work that insist there are other players on the Lakers that can contribute besides Kobe ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 7, 2006, 09:24 AM »

Lamar Odom..who dat? Inconsistent play all year until the final month..the playoffs bring it back to him ::). And I've actually argued with Lakers Fans at work that insist there are other players on the Lakers that can contribute besides Kobe ::)

I do not like the Lakers.  And I do not like Kobe.  But you cannot blame this on Lamar Odom, the Lakers would not have even come close to making the playoffs without him.  The teams sucks, not Lamar.   He really was not that inconsistent this year at all.  Here is his monthly breakdown:

Min    FG%   REB   AST   STL   Blk     PPG   

November  40.6    41.4   10.1   5.0    1.9    0.6   15.2   
 December  38.2    48.8     8.9   5.6     0.6   1.3   14.0
 January     39.3     47.0    9.5   5.6     0.7    0.9   13.4
 February    39.8    41.5    9.0   5.2     0.6    0.6    13.0
 March        43.2     56.2    8.4   5.8     1.2    0.6    17.2
 April           40.1    52.9  10.0    6.1    0.6    0.8    16.0

As you can see, a lot of coaches would love to have players who are "inconsistent all year long" like Lamar Odom.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Lakers suck!
« Reply #65 on: May 7, 2006, 11:58 AM »
I was fortunate enough to got to games 2,5,and 7.  The best moment is when the Gorilla strolled down the court in front of the Lakers in the fourth quarter last night with whislte music playing = gone fishin!
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 11:59 AM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 7, 2006, 12:18 PM »
dont hate Kobe cuz you know u like his highlights (buzzer beater, game on the line etc) for all these years. 

you have to admit, we as NBA fans missed those days when MJ did it. Now i can only think of two maybe three players that can do it (Kobe, LeBron, T-MAC)

Point is, Kobe will continue to get much better and the Lakers will hopefully mature as a team and be back in the run next year.

Kobe does motivate his teammates to be better, they just have no playoff experience as a unit combined compared to Kobe.

GO LAKERS!  :)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Lakers suck
« Reply #67 on: May 7, 2006, 12:23 PM »
SpudTrooper,

You are supporting your team and I respect that.  For fun this is just for you.

dont hate Kobe cuz you know u like his highlights (buzzer beater, game on the line etc) for all these years. 

you have to admit, we as NBA fans missed those days when MJ did it. Now i can only think of two maybe three players that can do it (Kobe, LeBron, T-MAC)

Point is, Kobe will continue to get much better and the Lakers will hopefully mature as a team and be back in the run next year.

Kobe does motivate his teammates to be better, they just have no playoff experience as a unit combined compared to Kobe.

« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 12:25 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #68 on: May 7, 2006, 01:20 PM »

Yes, GO LAKERS!

Go far, far away.  Especially you, Kobe.  Go rape another white girl or whatever else it is that you have planned during your (thankfully) lengthy offseason.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 02:08 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 7, 2006, 03:54 PM »
i want to congrats Mr. Nash for winning the MVP award..seriously well deserved  :-*

« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 03:54 PM by SpudTrooper »

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 7, 2006, 04:03 PM »
LOL!!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 7, 2006, 06:59 PM »

Kobe Bryant is no Michael Jordan. The Chicago Bulls played like a team. You remember that before you come out of your hole next season. :-*

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 7, 2006, 11:52 PM »

Kobe Bryant is no Michael Jordan. The Chicago Bulls played like a team. You remember that before you come out of your hole next season. :-*

Kobe is def not gonna be close to what MJ has accomplished. I was saying they play similar style in the ways they impact a game.

im definitely not hiding in no hole my Jedi friend. Will continue to support my team no matter what  8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 8, 2006, 09:28 AM »
Spud,

You know that was a charge as Nash was outside the cylinder - the refs no called, I was there.  Like I said no problem with you rooting your team on bust since you want to playa hate.... 

Buster

Brown

going down!
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 09:37 AM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 8, 2006, 10:32 AM »
I was so happy to see Phoenix come back and win this series, and in convincing fashion in Game 7.  I have to admit, I didn't think it would happen after the Lakers took the 3-1 lead.  I'm definitely not a fan of Kobe (or the Lakers necessarily - but I didn't mind them as much before Kobe), but I'll admit that he is a tremendous player.  Probably the best scorer in the game, without much doubt.  Best all around player?  I'm not sure about that, but definitely up there.  My problem is the Jordan comparisons that he gets a lot of times.  I grew up watching Jordan, well before he won anything, and to me Kobe is just not on his level.  He tries to imitate him a lot, particularly in his younger years, but he's starting to have a little more of his own identity lately - the past couple of years - and I respect that.  But, the comparisons just aren't the same.  As it was mentioned earlier, Jordan made all-stars out of Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and made other players that were basically scrubs (Cartwright, Hodges, Hansen, Perdue, Wennington, Longley, Paxson, Kerr, etc.) look pretty darn good at their roles.  Pippen (and to a lesser extent Rodman) were the only "star" players to go alongside Mike, and I would say that he elevated them to that (the evidence of Pippen's drop off when at Houston/Portland is proof of that).  Plus, MJ never would have given up or stopped passing purposely in that Game 7 on Saturday to "prove a point", which even the analysts and announcers were saying Kobe did that exact thing after the game on Saturday.  He needs to show a little more maturity and play better with his teammates before he can elevate himself to all he is capable of.  Anyways, it was a heck of a series, and the Lakers should have earned some respect if nothing else.