Author Topic: Lakers suck  (Read 30464 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Lakers suck
« Reply #75 on: May 8, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Thanks for that Kahuna! I rather enjoy watching that replay over and over ;D. The suspension was worth it for all the elbows Kobe threw that the 'superstar' status protected him from suspension. The NBA knows they can't suspend Kobe because all his 'Me, Me' fans would be in an uproar and it would guarantee any Laker loss since the Lakers are Kobe.

They got their ass-whooped even without Raja. Love it ;D. The MVP argument for Nash looks even better with all his points AND assists in this series

Watching the last game...it really looked like with Kobe only shooting a few balls in the fourth that he was smugly trying to prove that Phil's way(the team concept to beating the suns) doesn't work. All it proves is the Lakers are 'Kobe and supporting cast'.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #76 on: May 8, 2006, 12:37 PM »

Ha-ha, that's pretty funny.

Not as funny as getting bounced out of the playoffs in the first round, after having a 3-1 series lead, but still pretty funny.

Enjoy your summer.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 8, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Yeah but what's really funny is that whoever photoshopped that thing forgot to include Kobe's legs.   :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 8, 2006, 01:36 PM »
The fascinating aspect of that picture, and perhaps the most realistic, is that Kobe is alone with no teammates around him at all.   :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 8, 2006, 01:42 PM »
A good player plays well.

A great player empowers his teammates to play well.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 8, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Point is, Kobe will continue to get much better and the Lakers will hopefully mature as a team and be back in the run next year.

I agree that the team will be better next year, but Kobe can only become "much better" by becoming a better teammate.  His skills have already peaked.
Kobe is the "reverse Jordan".  He won his championships early when he had a better team around him (and Jordan never had a Shaq!), and now he's trying to do it all on his own.  He should know that it won't work that way.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 03:53 PM by Darth Rayne »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 8, 2006, 06:08 PM »
A good player plays well.

A great player empowers his teammates to play well.

I'm no Kobe apologist, but that's only true to a point.  You can't empower teammates to play well if they're really not any good.  Looking at the season Lamar Odom had, I'd say Kobe empowers his teammates to an extent, especially on nights when he's not scoring 80 points all by his lonesome.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 9, 2006, 01:09 AM »
To Kahuna - im not playa hating your MVP, just having some fun. And Yes that was a charge by Kobe no doubt, but you'll have to admit thats gonna be one of the poster inserts in  SLAM next month

but oh my..

i didnt know Raja plays like that...tisk tisk tisk  :-X

but here's another MVP pose by Mr. Nash

i really dont understand why so many ppl hate on Kobe that MUCH  ???

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 9, 2006, 08:13 AM »
Here's a pretty good article that compares LeBron and Kobe to Jordan.  Read at your leisure .....

LeBron's closer to Jordan than Kobe

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 9, 2006, 04:28 PM »

i really dont understand why so many ppl hate on Kobe that MUCH  ???

Why??  Why??  Why??

Kobe quit Saturday night. Before he scored his 80+ points, the Lakers were down by 19 points in that game. This was a Game 7, and Kobe did nothing. he could have tried to take over the game, but instead he took only 3 shots in the 2nd half!!

How you Laker fans can cheer & support him after everything he has done to the Laker Dynasty/franchise is beyond me! But then, that's is why I am a Spurs fan!  ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 9, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I have a love hate relationship with Kobe and I'm a Laker fan.  There's thing Kobe does on the court that no one can that make you love him but sometimes he does things on/off the court that make you shake your head.

I believe it was the right decison to keep Kobe and not Shaq.  Watching Shaq in these playoffs justified that. Shaq is no longer a guy you have to double now.  What's the better deal having Shaq for 3 years at $100 million or Kobe for 7 years at $136 million.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2006, 02:25 PM »
A. Still having Shack and including at least one non-selfish/better teammate/non-Kobe superstar to play with him ::). What? It's LA they can afford it!

signed(a Lakers hater)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2006, 11:40 AM »
What's the better deal having Shaq for 3 years at $100 million or Kobe for 7 years at $136 million.

I'll take the player that shows up for a Game 7, instead of pouting on the bench.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2006, 08:34 AM »
Lakers suck.

Kobe sucks.

You all suck.

This thread sucks.