Author Topic: Clone Wars on CD  (Read 2922 times)

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Clone Wars on CD
« on: April 3, 2004, 02:02 AM »
If there is anyone who can get the whole Clone Wars (both series when finished) on a CD I can give something back in exchange for this.

Maybe the "Star Wars Behind the Scenes" couble CD (lots of pics, movies, trivia, info about actors, SW universe, planets, technology, ships etc) and also some deleted scenes from ANH with Luke meeting Biggs on Tatooine.

PM if interested.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Clone Wars on CD
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2004, 06:43 PM »
I'm working on downloading all of these, but with my 56k itll probably take a week or so... seriously. I'll contact you if/when I get the first season (including the 'Making Of') downloaded... I wish I could get a hold of all of the old Star Wars toy commercials on a CD/DVD... that'd be nice.

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 05:12 AM »
anyone?

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 06:40 AM »
The problem seems to be the playing time. I have tried to make a VCD, but it’s 78 minutes in total and VCDs are limited to about 74 minutes on a 700mb disc. If you can find a 90min/ 800mb disc (they are quite rare) then you could encode the QuickTime files with the free version on TMPGEnc and burn the resulting VCD-Mpegs with Nero (or other VCD-authoring software).
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 06:38 PM »
i actually downloaded all 40 episodes - 20 w/o commentary, and 20 with commentary - and made some menus, and burned them into a dvd that you can play episodes individual - with and without commentary - or play the entire thing in one run.

but that does you no good, since it's recorded in ntsc/region 1 format, and you live halfway around the world from me.

so i'm not quite sure why i posted this  :-\

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 05:18 AM »
i actually downloaded all 40 episodes - 20 w/o commentary, and 20 with commentary - and made some menus, and burned them into a dvd that you can play episodes individual - with and without commentary - or play the entire thing in one run.

but that does you no good, since it's recorded in ntsc/region 1 format, and you live halfway around the world from me.

The idea with a DVD is super great!!! But can this be made at least VCD? Even if separating the Chapters on 2 VCD's. For example Chapters 1-10 on one VCD and the rest on the second...

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Two VCDs would work fine…I have done that myself for one of my friends :)

I have compiled a DVD-r (just the 20 episodes plus the Toonami “Making Of…”, I don’t have access to the commentaries) and it looks very good, considering the sources are QuickTime mov files.

As noted above it is NTSC, but mine is Region-free. I would have thought you would still be able to play it since nearly all European TVs an DVD players have PAL and NTSC modes. Your DVD player would also have to be compatible with DVD-Rs.  Should be no problems at all with VCDs.

No promises because I’ve never sent anything to Romania before, but I’m pretty sure I could get a 2 disc VCD set or a DVD-r over to you.  UK and Romania are both in the Royal Mail’s “Europe” posting zone so I will look into what’s involved if you want.

I don’t really want anything in trade because I only collect figures, but if you were willing to pay for the blank discs (either 2 CD-Rs or 1 DVD-R) + the postage then I think we could sort something out.  The only other problem would be that I could only accept payment in UK Pounds Sterling via a PayPal account.

As an estimate, 2 CD would be £1.50 (or £1.25 for a DVD) + Airmail to Romania would be about £1.18. See the Royal Mail’s prices on their website:
 http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400036&mediaId=400347

Let me know,
Rob :)

Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Guys, I downloaded the Clone Wars Season 1 file, burned it onto a CD, tried it on my laptop - and got the following result - Good sound, NO VIDEO!!!! So I give up on that - but Dave, if you wouldn't mind burnin me a copy of that, I can send you the money along with your Res. Dogs print I'm sending you.  :-*

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 09:42 PM »

Would you be able to burn me this?  I will gladly re-imburse you?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 09:58 PM »
I have both seasons on 2 CD's without commentary. I still have the episodes on my other hard drive & have had no problems from the burn. Plays nice.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 02:58 PM »
Just finished burning the 2 CD's & there perfect!  :-*

Send me a PM & we will work it out.  ;)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 10:11 AM »

Any chance of a copy? i too live on the other side of the globe but my dvd player has been modded to play all regions
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 10:32 PM »
to all who have emailed, pm'd, or otherwise asked me to sell them a copy of this dvd:

you're not going to like this answer, but no. sorry, but i just don't feel like i should be selling copies of this. i don't feel right taking money for something that was basically given away for free on t.v. as well as available for download for free.

yes, it took me several days to put all the menus and everything else together, but i still don't think that gives me the right. this is a "bootleg" item, and i don't think i should be selling it period.

now, if you have a figure or two from my trade list, then contact me and we'll talk  ;)

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 06:22 AM »
Two VCDs would work fine…I have done that myself for one of my friends :)

I have compiled a DVD-r (just the 20 episodes plus the Toonami “Making Of…”, I don’t have access to the commentaries) and it looks very good, considering the sources are QuickTime mov files.

As noted above it is NTSC, but mine is Region-free. I would have thought you would still be able to play it since nearly all European TVs an DVD players have PAL and NTSC modes. Your DVD player would also have to be compatible with DVD-Rs.  Should be no problems at all with VCDs.

No promises because I’ve never sent anything to Romania before, but I’m pretty sure I could get a 2 disc VCD set or a DVD-r over to you.  UK and Romania are both in the Royal Mail’s “Europe” posting zone so I will look into what’s involved if you want.

I don’t really want anything in trade because I only collect figures, but if you were willing to pay for the blank discs (either 2 CD-Rs or 1 DVD-R) + the postage then I think we could sort something out.  The only other problem would be that I could only accept payment in UK Pounds Sterling via a PayPal account.

As an estimate, 2 CD would be £1.50 (or £1.25 for a DVD) + Airmail to Romania would be about £1.18. See the Royal Mail’s prices on their website:
 http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400036&mediaId=400347

Let me know,
Rob :)

i'd be interested. please PM me for details. I think I can spare some $ for this. Don't have British pounds alas.