I had thought WB would have learned their lesson with Birds of Prey
. You just can't take Batman out his own mythos.
I've yet to read one positive thing about this "Catwoman." It not only ignores the comic book character it's based on, it ignores the entire legend. WB put out some marketing info last year that read:
- This is not your older brother's Catwoman.
- She is a departure from the familiar DC Comics Catwoman.
- Forget Batman.
- Forget Gotham City.
- Forget heist pictures and cat burglars.
- This is the Catwoman of the ages, the Catwoman of legends.
- This Catwoman is an original.
They also promoted the property with the line "a nocturnal hero doesn't mean a dark world:"
- A futuristic city.
- A place where you'd like to live.
- A landscape of chrome and bright colors.
Forget Gotham City indeed. And like the latest model automobile, they listed "Patience's New Options:"
- Enhanced night vision.
- Catlike grace and agility.
- Ability to land on her feet.
- Stalking instincts.
- Stealth-like maneuverability.
- Spring-loaded leaps.
- Craving for fish, cream and revenge.
Sorry, but if it doesn't have anything to do with Batman, why bother calling it "Catwoman?"
Her origin is so similar to The Crow
they'd be better off calling it "Copycatwoman."