Author Topic: New Anakin, Boba Fett and R2 Pics  (Read 8830 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:New Anakin, Boba Fett and R2 Pics
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2003, 04:43 PM »
We're in trouble

Yep, deep, deep trouble

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2003, 06:37 PM »
Man, the Boba looks much different from what Hasbro showed us a while back. I was really looking forward to that figure, looks funky now. The Anakin was/is eehh, ok, just another anakin and I did not like the rope with artoo. Oh well.... ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Anakin, Boba Fett and R2 Pics
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2003, 04:57 PM »
Here's a nice loose "group" shot from our friends over at TheJawa.com:

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 06:12 PM »
the lady looks BAD !!! (what's her name, luminara ? )

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2003, 06:24 PM »
Call me over-critical... but I think they all look bad... The Fett was only one that was good, and Hasbro wouldn't allow a Fett to slip by w/o an Action Feature.

I won't buy any of them.

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2003, 06:25 PM »
Boba doesn't look that bad, and anakina also looks good...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Anakin, Boba Fett and R2 Pics
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2003, 04:43 PM »
Mike just posted a bunch of new loose shots of these three figures here, at GH.  Not looking so good.  I'm just not sure what goes through Hasbro's mind sometimes.

The R2-D2 doesn't even have articulated legs (just ankles)!!  This is a first!  I already mentioned his atrocious noggin, so I won't touch on that again.

Then we finally get this ultra articulated Anakin (nice), BUT with the freaking robotic hand!  It was originally rumored that this figure would come with interchangeable arms - one regular, and one robotic one.  If that has indeed changed to just a robotic one, as it appears, then all of this articulation is a total waste (except for customizers).  When did we see Anakin do anything with his robotic hand, other than holding Padme's hand for 2 seconds in the wedding scene?!?  We didn't.  So to get this super articulated Anakin, with a VERY scene specific appendage is completely assinine.

Finally we get to Boba Fett.  Again, some nice articulation in areas, but completely ruined by that disgusting button on top of his jet pack, rather than the correct rocket.  Why?  Does Hasbro seriously think that kids aren't capable of raising a figures arms into a shooting position all by themselves, so they need to add in another horrendous action feature to accomplish the task for them?  I used to accomplish all of the "action" for my Vintage figures all by myself as a kid, with no problems whatsoever.  I just don't get it...  And I still say that this new Fett is just way too vibrantly clean and colorful.  Check out the comparison shots at GH to the 300th Fett.  Big difference, and not for the better (and yes, I do realize they're from two different movies).  Perhaps the final product will look a little more weathered and battle tested though, but I won't hold my breath...

This wave just rots like stinky Bantha poodoo (IMO).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 04:48 PM by JediMAC »