Author Topic: Star Wars & Peace..?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Star Wars & Peace..?
« on: June 9, 2004, 03:48 PM »
I don’t believe there can be any argument that the novelization of A New Hope is hopelessly out-of-date.

I’d like to see a revamped novelization of the story, utilizing thirty years of hindsight and reams of backstory (EU or otherwise).

The kicker this time is to make it the exhaustive story of the “first” movie. Interesting asides like Kyle Katarn’s first stealing of the Death Star plans, to the Tantive IV’s story, to Biggs’s story (as touched upon in recent Empire comics) could be included to really develop the themes of war and rebellion and what these people were sacrificing. Give us sidestories for some characters from the EU—Mara Jade as a prime example.  A truly galaxy-spanning story, over a thousand pages easily, with the movie’s events only really occupying half of it.

The movie follows Luke’s story, but let’s expand the new novel to multiple POVs that we can truly appreciate after the prequels. Let’s have chapters told from Vader’s perspective, or Obi-Wan’s…maybe even Owen and Beru.

A New Hope ought to be your favorite Star Wars novel, but I’ll bet it’s not. This could change that.

What do you think? What would you like an expanded version of the classic story to contain?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars & Peace..?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 10:39 PM »
never thought of it (and don't think it'll happen) but i'd love to read it. i'd buy it in a heartbeat.