Author Topic: Star Destroyer Wave  (Read 17297 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Star Destroyer Wave
« Reply #45 on: April 1, 2004, 07:25 PM »
I found these today as well.  I didn't buy Ozzel, but Dengar and Bossk are very cool.  I also found the Yavin wave at TRU, and after ripping open the two pilots, found them somewhat disappointing.  Neither has waist articulation, nor any worthwhile articulation in the left arm (sans wrist).  The sculpts are fantastic but the 'strategic' articulation thing Hasbro has going doesn't really work nor make any sense.

Still, nice to find something.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #46 on: April 2, 2004, 12:40 AM »
Well, I'm pretty much caught up, except this wave. I got my BBTS order today, and the order from OMG..... should arrive in the next few days.

Bring 'em on.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: April 2, 2004, 12:56 AM »
Well I WAS caught up till these started hitting en masse now...

Oh well.  Such is the hunt.

Paul, you get your case of these in yet?   ;D :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: April 3, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Opened these puppies last night...I'll stand by my first thought that a Bossk resculpt was not very high on the list of resculpts we needed, its a good figure and all but not a huge upgrade on the POTF2 version

Dengar on the other hand is now in my top 10 all time favorites...he absolutely rules.  The Shoulder joints, the butt loads of articulation, the backpack, the spot on head sculpt, the great work on the armor and jumpsuit...he is a perfect 10 in my book.  Great figure

Ozzel is so so...I've wanted an Ozzel for some time, I'm not really high on the Ball/Neck thing its a neat experiment but I don't really like it.  What I do like though is that with a few minor paint changes they could possibly throw out more Imperial Officers with a new head very easily

SilverZ

« Reply #49 on: April 4, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Dengar on the other hand is now in my top 10 all time favorites...he absolutely rules.  The Shoulder joints...

:o Holy crap! I have Dengar sitting here next to me on the desk, opened, and I had no idea that he had ball joints at the shoulders until I just read this. Nice. He does indeed rule. Now I can put him into goofy poses that make him look like an old wrestler.

I'm pretty impartial to Bossk. I guess the POTF2 one was fine. The arm articulation on the resculpt is nice, but the jointed feet don't seem to have much point.

I'd be happier with Ozzel if the paint apps on the head didn't absolultey suck. He might be some good custom fodder, though.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2004, 09:45 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #50 on: April 4, 2004, 11:16 PM »
Dengar is definitely one of the coolest figs of the year, and a necessary resculpt as compared to Bossk.  The new Bossk, while cool enough, just wasn't needed.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #51 on: April 7, 2004, 12:01 AM »
I haven't seen any of the SD wave. DAng.... :'(
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2004, 04:07 PM »
Has anyone noticed the case assortments for this wave at SWS.com??
They have an assortment labeled 5.1 that includes Bossk and company plus Elom.  

In fact, they have several "point" account waves.  I've noticed these over at EE also so it 's a thought for those of you still hunting for wave 5.
Beth

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2004, 05:54 PM »
Has anyone noticed the case assortments for this wave at SWS.com??
They have an assortment labeled 5.1 that includes Bossk and company plus Elom.  

In fact, they have several "point" account waves.  I've noticed these over at EE also so it 's a thought for those of you still hunting for wave 5.

Yeah,there are some real interesting case assortments coming out.  I ordered Wave 6 at EE as it comes with alot of the current figs I'm looking for,but are non-existant around here:

2x Han Solo AT-ST Driver - Endor Strike (NEW), 2x General Madine - Imperial Shuttle Capture (NEW), 2x General Lando Calrissian - Death Star Attack (NEW), 1x Hoth Trooper, 1x Luke Skywalker - Hoth, 1x Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise, 1x Admiral Ozzel, 1x Dengar, 1x Bossk (subject to change).

I figure kill two birds with one stone and aquire the SD/Endor Wave in one shot.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."