Author Topic: Skirmish at Carkoon 4-Pack  (Read 8349 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Skirmish at Carkoon 4-Pack
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 06:59 PM »
Found this set today at TRU. I passed on it since the only somewhat new figure is the Han.
The only difference I cold tell from the rest is that Barada's headband is Green instead of Yellow and the weapons are Blak instead of the Copper Color
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2004, 09:52 PM »
Crap, ya' beat me to it David!  I thought I was the first person in the country to find this set today...   :P  My local TRU had 6 of them just staring at me.  Picked me up a couple, 'cause, well...  'Cause I HAVE to.  That's why.   :-[

Yeah, not much different, aside from the Han.  The Nikto looks like he's colored a tad differently, but I'd have to pull out my old Cinema Scene to confirm that.  Maybe later...

But they're officially out there now, if you're looking for 'em.

SilverZ

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 04:13 AM »
Do the figures look like they're made of any better quality materials than the CS? They had a very cheap glossy look about them. Is this set any better?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 04:29 AM »
They might be from a slightly better plastic this time around, as they don't have the cheap glossy look to them this time.  Or perhaps it's just a different type of paint/finish.  I dunno.  But maybe you can see for yourself when you're up this way tomorrow J.  Hopefully they've still got a few over there.

I pulled out my old Cinema Scene (which was astonishingly accessible) to compare the Skiff Guard figures, and from what I can tell, David and I already pointed out the two most noticeable differences.  Barada's bandana is pretty much the same color of his face - a darker green, and not the orange/red color of the original.  His whole face is much darker (green) all over this time too, not a nice wash like before.

And the Nikto's face that I pointed out is much greener all over too, so it looks quite a bit different than the original, which had more of a peach colored face.  This one also has a black Vibro-axe thingy, instead of the dark brown/gold one he had the first time around.  That's the only difference in the weapons.

The figure's pictures on the back of the box are actually of the ones from the Cinema Scene (at least paint-wise, on Nikto and Barada).  Strange.  I think the originals definitely looked better for those two guys...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 11:16 PM »
Found it tonight.  It's okay, but I would've rather gotten the Han Solo as a basic figure rather than spend $20 to get that and some other stuff I already have.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 05:39 PM »
Is the Han really that decent though Nick?  It's looked really bad in images I've seen.

This is the first posts I've noticed of anyone finding this set...  I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.  Still unsure about buying it but if the Han's decent enough I'd bite.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2004, 02:13 PM »
Saw this at TRU yesterday and I don't think the Han is as bad as the online pics look IMO.  He's actually failry decent, not decent enought to warrant $20 but he's decent enough that I may pick one up down the road sometime (clearance or trade)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Hmmm

I'm miffed at the inaccurate shirt still...  I may hold off a long time, just to see what comes of this set as far as clearances.  I'd rather wait on Hasbro to either make an accurate carded figure or to do it myself eventually than to pay the $20 for it if it's still inaccurate.

At least it's not as bad as those online images implied though.  Yikes that was an oogly figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2004, 10:32 PM »
found this the other day at t.r.u. and had to pass on it. these new 4-packs that hasblow is creating kinda suck. i haven't bought the last 2, maybe 3 of them, just 'cause they suck. and i usually don't pass on much stuff. i can probably count the number of things i've passed on with one hand.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2004, 11:47 AM »
Is the Han really that decent though Nick?  It's looked really bad in images I've seen.

This is the first posts I've noticed of anyone finding this set...  I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.  Still unsure about buying it but if the Han's decent enough I'd bite.

The head sculpt appears to be the same as the POTJ Han Solo-Bespin Capture.  It's a reasonably good Han Solo, but it isn't worth $20.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2004, 12:10 PM »
I've seen it, I've looked at it, I've passed on it. Enough said.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 12:10 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2004, 01:57 PM »
these new 4-packs that hasblow is creating kinda suck.

Kinda? You're being generous.

I'll be praying for those of you who have to buy these things, because I don't think we'll see them getting much better anytime soon.