Author Topic: Kill Bill Vol2  (Read 8107 times)

SilverZ

Kill Bill Vol2
« on: April 15, 2004, 06:40 PM »
Alright, got my ticket for the 12:20am show tonight. Can't wait. Wasn't too thrilled with the first one when I saw it in theaters, turned around and LOVED it on second viewing. Who's excited? Who's skipping it?  ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Kill Bill Vol2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 08:09 PM »
I'm going first thing tomorrow.  I love the first one.  Can't wait.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 09:55 PM »
i'm going to have to wait until sunday morning to go see it, and it's killing me. i loved the first one, and must have watched it at least 10 times already. i read an interview with q.t. where he says that after vol. 2 wraps up it's theatrical run, he's going to try and bring the japanese versions of both films over to the u.s. for a short theatrical run, hopefully a double feature, and then release nc-17 rated versions on dvd. i'm dying to get my hands on an import of the vol. 1 with the full color house of blue leaves scene.

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 01:49 AM »
My Japanese version just shipped from Amazon.co.jp.  ;D HOBL in color by next week!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 02:21 PM »
I'll be seeing Kill Bill 2 pretty soon... I'm wondering if 1 & 2 will be put on a DVD together, cause I'd rather have that than buying both seperately.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 02:24 PM »
I've heard nothing but great stuff about Volume 2...sounds like a good time

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 02:28 PM »
I loved Volume 1, one of the best movies of the last 5 years IMO and Volume 2 looks cooler still.  Tarantino was on with Conan last night or two nights ago, he rules.  Conan wants him to cast George Jefferson in his next movie since he's resurrected Travolta Pam Grier and now David Caradine
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 03:04 PM »
Ok, saw it last night. I thought it was great! There's a chapter that is devoted to The Bride's training in China that is brilliant, especially for 70's kung-fu buffs. There's one camera zoom that is priceless.  What is completely surprising is the change of tone and pacing that happens early on. It becomes way more character oriented than Vol1, complete with all the dialog you'd have expected from a Tarantino movie and didn't get much of in the previous movie. I felt that not only was it great on its own, but brought a whole new layer to Vol1, delivering much needed backstory and emotional impact to the story.

I'd even go as far as to say it's inspired.

It's a lot of material for one movie, that's for sure, and I'd be interested to see an edit of it together as one movie, though I think the split was the right thing to do. The split gave it a serial feel. I think it might be overblown as one big flick.  

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 06:05 PM »
A guy at DVDTalk just posted some pics of the color HOBL sequence from the r2 DVD:

DVDTalk Thread

Can't wait!  ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 10:28 PM »
I saw Vol. 2 tonight, and it's amazing.  Both these films are, a grand epic of filmmaking.  Wow.  

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Kill Bill Vol 3??
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Read this the other day:

With a week still left before KILL BILL VOLUME 2 opens in theaters, Quentin Tarantino has come out and said he's already got a killer idea in mind for a third volume in the revenge driven movie series -- and the seeds were planted in the first film. Guess where and with who?

"The star will be Vernita Green's (Vivica A. Fox's) daughter, Nikki (Ambrosia Kelley)," Tarantino told Entertainment Weekly. "I've already got the whole mythology: Sofie Fatale (Julie Dreyfus) will get all of Bill's money. She'll raise Nikki, who'll take on The Bride."

The filmmaker said he's going to shoot the movie in 10 or 15 years, giving the necessary time needed for Kelley to grow up and become an adult. "Nikki deserves her revenge every bit as much as The Bride deserved hers. I might even shoot a couple of scenes for it now so I can get the actresses while they're at this age."

what do you think? true or b.s.?? personally, i think it's a bunch of b.s.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 11:57 PM »
I heard about a third one, but I doubt he'd wait that long.

He can always find another actress to play an older Nikki. Plus makeup or bad lighting can make Uma look older.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 12:29 AM »
Love to see a third one too, but then again, I'm still waiting for the "Vega Brothers" movie he kept promising 10 years ago. He needs to speed up his output!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2004, 04:41 PM »
well, just came back from witnessing this amazing vision brought to the screen... and i loved it. the 2 friends i was with were both disappointed. they just kept complaining about how boring it was, and how much more action was involved with vol. 1. i would almost agree with that, considering that the action/violence is toned down in this movie. but then again, how do you compete with the house of blue leaves? you can't.

overall, i think these two movies were awesome, and i'd love to see someone do a "phantom edit" type of deal when vol. 2 comes out on dvd, maybe re-arranging a few scenes to better split up the action scenes and the more dramatic, dialog driven ones.

and, i may be alone in this, but i was expecting more - much more - from the final fight. it left me a little disappointed.

but i loved it none the less.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 08:18 AM »
I'll be seeing Kill Bill 2 tonight, I think - naturally here'll be the first place I come to once I'm back.