Author Topic: Entertainment Earth and the Yavin Wave.  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Entertainment Earth and the Yavin Wave.
« on: April 16, 2004, 10:04 AM »
Did anyone order this from EE? And if so, have you received it yet? This was my first preorder from EE, and I'm still waiting on it. Hopefully they get it soon.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Entertainment Earth and the Yavin Wave.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 10:07 AM »
I canceled my order since I found them at Target...it seems like a bunch of stuff from Hasbro got pushed back until May though :-\

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 10:08 AM »
I canceled my order since I found them at Target...it seems like a bunch of stuff from Hasbro got pushed back until May though :-\

Crap! I guess I'd better start hunting them down.  >:(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 10:16 AM »
Doesn't it seem to work that way?  When I order something online, it shows up at retail a lot, but my order gets delayed.  When I decide not to order it online, I can never find it at retail, yet I hear all over the boards people getting their stuff online and happy with how quick they got the stuff.  Grrrrrr....

Lando, PM me a list of what you are looking for, I'll try to help you out!

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 10:23 AM »
True on that one Chewie...which is why I always hunt even when I have stuff "covered"  Not really EE or Newforce or Kebco's fault here its Hasbro getting stuff to the Retailers instead of etailers...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 11:12 AM »
I too, always practice CYA when it comes to pre-ordered figures and still try to hunt them down.

After all, if I find them at retail before my pre-ordered case arrives, I usually sell my extras on-line )once the case arrives) to help my poor Canadian neighbors or otherwise figure-less brethren.  After all, Canadians need love too, eh?

Worst case, I can always return the figures using the receipt from the store from which I bought them.  I'm really not out anything.

Jeff

ps.
I pre-ordered the Yavin case from NewForce and received it in Mid-March.  I just about fell over when Rick and the boys got something before EE!  It's been a while since that happened... Hasbro musta been in a good mood that day.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 11:24 AM »
Option 2

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=115

EE is really good about canceling orders...you could try and order from SS.com...its a risk though with the relative unknowns surrounding a new venture like this

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 12:08 PM »
I only got the Yavin wave yesterday, so it looks like we’re not as far behind the US as I thought.

Just curious, when did the Yavin wave start shipping to retail in the US? Perhaps distribution isn’t even across the country…
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 12:11 PM »
ABout a month and a half ago...Entertainment Earth is an online shop, retail (TRU, Target and Wal Mart) have had them for a while

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 12:36 PM »
I just might have to try the Star Wars Shop. Anyone ordered from them yet (Aside from the mass order-cancelling that happened originally)?

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 03:26 PM »
I got my Yavin case from EE sometime in mid-March amidst a spurt of shipments after a long dry spell.

I doubt it's them that cause any delay or cancellation. They have preorders up faster than any other company and as a result probably get order quantities to Hasbro fast, too, based on those. I have a feeling a lot of times they just simply never recieve their order quantities from Hasbro AT ALL. There's been instances where I've received cases that never show on the site as in-stock, and a few times received cases that a day later are cancelled as unavailable from Hasbro. That seems to indicate they get shafted by Hasbro on a regular basis, much like the stories that seem to come from NewForce on many occasions.

I'll be interested to hear if anyone has better luck with the StarWarsShop monkeys, but my money is on them suffering the same inconvieniences as all of online retailers.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 12:20 AM »
i had a pre-order in with ee as well, but cancelled it about a month ago, since i found the figures at retail. that's the best part about ordering stuff from ee, you can cancel at any time... especially when they tell you it's going to ship in january, and march rolls around, you find the figures at retail, and then you cancel your order. the last few cases i've ordered from ee ended up getting canceled because they can't seem to get these cases in stock fast enough.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2004, 02:48 AM »
I purchased the OTC Dagobah Wave 7 opening day at SWS.com so we will see how that goes.  They stated it arrives in June so that probably means late July at best .  I also Pre-ordered my first case with EE  Star Destroyer/Endor Wave 6,and waiting  to see the confimed breakdown for the OTC Wave 10 before ordering.  I have heard nothing but good things about EE,so hoping for the best.  It's so frustrating sometimes going store to store wasting gas and finding ZIP! all the time.  Buying by the case just seems to make more sense after going crazy to find the new stuff. :o
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2004, 12:30 PM »
Well, I ordered the Yavin wave from shopstarwars. Its listed as "In Stock", so we'll see what happens. I'll let you all know how it goes, since this is my first order from them, and I don't see alot of other stories about the site yet.