Author Topic: Your TV  (Read 8426 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Your TV
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:02 PM »
So what you got?

I have a 36" Sony Trinitron got it just before the WEGA stuff came out which is a shame...thinking about upgrading sometime down the road to a widescreen (HD or Plasma in my dreams)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Your TV
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 04:15 PM »
Three 27" Sharp's.
I  leave the TV stuff to the hubby.  As long as I can see something when I turn it on....I don't care what it is.  

Beth

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 04:36 PM »
52" Toshiba HDTV.   Sue bought it for me as a house warming gift when we moved in.  Other than that one we have a 27 inch Zenith and some other 19" of some brand.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 04:38 PM »
I think my TV is a 21" somthing or another. As Jade said. As long as you can turn it on and see somthing, its all good!

Eventualy, I want to buy a projector and a have a small personal theatre in my basement when I get a home.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 04:59 PM »
Also...feel free to turn this thread and site into a "mine is bigger then yours" contest between members."

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 04:59 PM »
I have a five year old Sharp. I don't know the exact dimensions, but it's around 15".

...oh, and all the buttons are popped in, and it's hella dusty. :P

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 05:58 PM »
I have a 56" Pioneer, two 27" screens for other rooms, one 19" sharp in storage and a 13" Zenith in the kitchen.  When you add all that together, I have many inches....however, I still don't have one of those cool plasma TVs, so I suck.
Got Clones?

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 06:40 PM »
In my room I have a 19" Panasonic DVD/VCR player.

In the living room we have 64" Sony Flat Screen, It is not the ones you hang on the wall, just the screen is flat.   :P
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 07:37 PM »
For Sports and other programs 27" Apex flat screen.  For DVD viewing my 17" Viewsonic LCD monitor.  It may only be 17", but movies look great on it.  I can only imagine what a big screen plasma would like in my home.  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 07:37 PM by Padawan »

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 09:19 PM »
50" samsung DLP hands down the cleanest picture around. I study this TV for 6 months right dow to the firmware upgrades and updates they released starting in december the W1. I didn't hold out for the new HlP models because it won't be until the end of this summer.

I can tell you you have not witnesed a better picture until you go High definition on this TV SD(standard definition or digital cable )looks like ass  because thi V is not made to handle a ****** signal it's native resolution is 720P and has a crispness you could not imagine. I have Hd cable and watch the inhd channel almost 6 hours a day

my other equipment include the HarmKardon avr330 and the Jamo front and center channel with Sub woofer I use bose 161 as my rears and my sides for  7.1 surround.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 09:21 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 09:31 PM »
50" samsung DLP hands down the cleanest picture around. I study this TV for 6 months right dow to the firmware upgrades and updates they released starting in december the W1. I didn't hold out for the new HlP models because it won't be until the end of this summer.

I can tell you you have not witnesed a better picture until you go High definition on this TV SD(standard definition or digital cable )looks like ass  because thi V is not made to handle a ****** signal it's native resolution is 720P and has a crispness you could not imagine. I have Hd cable and watch the inhd channel almost 6 hours a day

my other equipment include the HarmKardon avr330 and the Jamo front and center channel with Sub woofer I use bose 161 as my rears and my sides for  7.1 surround.

What's that all cost?  $25,000   ???

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 10:46 PM »
i currently have

tv room: 36" flat screen panasonic
bedroom: 27" rca
computer room: 20" flat sony wega
work room: 13" rca

at my store we just got in a 50" lcd projection which looks amazing. i'm in the process of talking my boss into letting me take it home and pay it off - just about the only good thing about my job... i get to take home any audio/video equipment i want and pay it off at like $50 - $75 a week. i had to resist the temptation to take home a plasma screen a few years back. if i had taken home that $7000 screen i wanted, i'd probably still be paying it off ;)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 11:59 PM »
Also...feel free to turn this thread and site into a "mine is bigger then yours" contest between members."

Oh buddy. I'm going to avoid boring everyone with the history of your quote and just say that I got it. You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. And I love you for bringing that quote into this thread.

27" Philips flat glass (not plasma, just not bulbous glass)
13" Who-the-heck-knows in the office
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Just a lowly 32" Panasonic GAOO.  It's already 5 years old.  The other two in the house are a 19" Sansui right beside my monitor and then a 25" RCA in the bedroom.  

I'm selling off my old vintage toys (Captain Action, Hot Wheel Redlines, GI Joe 12", etc) to fund my next TV.  Currently the account sits at almost $800 US.  Lots of toys left to sell so we'll see what I end up with.  Looking at buying shortly after Christmas (seems to be the cheapest time).  

Suggestions are welcome.  

Sound system with the Panasonic is very, very nice.  Boston Acoustics series 8000.  Also nearly five years old, but the sound is fantastic.  They sounded better than the Bose Acoustimass anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2004, 07:41 AM »
no padawan the TV was the largest piece and  you can get them on sale right now.  THough it wasn't cheap for me I saved my pennies( i won;t put anything on a credit card) and researched for a long time until I was able to assemble my dream system. Saving for that system and then the day I could go out buy it and then assemble it gave me great joy. My family neighbors and friends come over more often(so we don;thave to travel) and we can all sit around and watch a game or a movie it's great.