Author Topic: Chuckle for the day  (Read 2277 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Chuckle for the day
« on: April 23, 2004, 08:51 AM »
Well, I did it again.  I was so excited at finding the Lord of the Rings figures yesterday afternoon, I wasn't paying a ton of attention to what I was doing.  Our new Walmart is the "hot spot" of the city and every person that owned a vehicle was parked there.  I was in the back forty and still pawing through my bag when I walked up to my car, fumbled for the button on my key ring to unlock the door and pulled it open and hopped in.  Imagine my surprise to find an old man sitting in the passenger side!!!! (Imagine his surprise to have this lady hop in to the drivers seat).
Yah...you guessed it...WRONG CAR!!!  I was two more over.  I almost died.  I starting to apologize and could feel my face turn eight shades of red.  He just started laughing and invited me to stay.  
In my defense, the cars were the same thing!!  It's not the first time I've done this...probably not the last either. :)

Beth

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Chuckle for the day
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 09:25 AM »
What a lucky guy. I wish that was how my day started off, from time to time.  :P

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 01:35 PM »
AH! Thats hysterical! :D :D

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 01:56 PM »
Invited you to stay?  Uh-huh! 8)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 06:09 PM »
LOL! This reminds me of something similar that happened to me about year ago:

It all started when I was walking home from my bus stop one afternoon. Sometimes my parents will pick me up at the stop so I don't have to walk (it's quite a lengthy trek). Well, sometimes, if they forgot to pick me up, they would pull up to the sidewalk (or however far I walked) and get me.

Well, one day a car pulled up to the sidewalk that I could have sworn was my dad's blue Buick. I proceeded to open the door, and I almost sat down when I looked over and saw this absolutely petrified old guy staring back at me. It took me a while to realize what happened, and when I did, I was just like, "Oh, sorry! I'm really, really sorry!" He must've thought I was trying to steal his car!

Anyways, I got out, and when I looked back he was shooing me away with his hand, and he still looked pretty scared. Turns out, I was right in front of his driveway. The whole time I was walking home that day I felt so sorry for the guy. :-[ :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 06:10 PM by BobaShek »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 06:23 PM »
One day I went to the movie rental place with my dad. We browsed around on our own and decided to meet at a particular section, as we dislike one another and one another's taste in movies - so I picked up a movie and went to where I saw him standing, and saw that he was looking at a particular movie we'd rented several months before. I said, "Ummm. Haven't we seen that already?"

He answers back with a Brit accent, "No - I don't believe we have."

He turns to face me, and he looks exactly like my dad, except... well he's some damned Brit. Yea so, I play it cool, "Oh... Okay... Well, it's a good one."

*Runs away*
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 06:25 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 06:27 PM »
 :D Me and my grandmother have gotten into 'our' car, and realized, this was not our car after all lol!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 11:55 PM »
Well Jades, I'd laugh at you (hysterically actually) but...

-October, 2003.  Pittsburgh, PA, Station Square Complex:

My birthday's in September, and a friend of mine named Patricia was wanting to take my out for my B-Day but we just couldn't get together because of my classes and things, until October.

She offered to take me to one of the most expensive Steak Places in the city (Pittsburgh Rare) because she's got $ out the whazzoo and knew I'd wanted to try this place for ages, so I happily accepted this as my birthday gift...  The Restaurant has an extensive wine list as well, so we drank 3 bottles between us over our dinner.

This was also my first night to take Patricia out for a ride in my "new" car I got over the summer, a 1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible, which is a dark green with a tan/gold top.  Very clean shape...  Like new really because it was some rich snot's car who kept it in a garage because after she got it her daddy immediately bought her a jeep too so the Le Baron was put in storage...  But I digress.

Anyway, very proud of the car and showing it off to my friend for the first time.

We Drink and Eat the night away at this place anyway...  Then go across the street to a club to just sit, drink heavily, and watch the crowd...  And drink after drink after drink, Patricia's loading me up pretty good.  Vodka and Cranberry's the drink of choice, with some LI Teas mixed in too, as well as a couple shots.

I'm sloshed...  As (EDIT) Poo-faced as I've been in a LONG time...  

Patricia and I start for my car, which is in the South lot at Station Square...  (Bare in mind this is one of my FIRST nights out and about with the car too, in general)

The South Lot is near a club in an old warehouse called Matrix.  It's like the "big" club in Pittsburgh for the most part...

So it's late, closing time-ish, and I try getting into my car...  

My key won't work though, and then I notice it in the moonlight...

The top's cut and tattered...  There's dents in the doors and fenders, scrapes and scratches...  

My car means my world to me (It's sad, but it does mean a lot to me) and I freak out...  I'm thinking someone broke a screwdriver off trying to break in my door, and they cut the top trying to get in, etc., etc...  There's even a big circular smash in the front window.

I'm LIVID.  I'm swearing up a storm (slurred)...  I punched the window, hard, pissed off...  Subsequently cracking some bones in my hand.  I kicked the door a couple times...  Patricia doesn't know what to do,  nor has seen me this PO'd so she's sort of antsy about that and she says "honey, maybe it's not your car?" and I can't even comprehend this at this point...

Then, 3 hot girls walk up PO'd because we're "near" their car, and too close to it, and hear Patricia say what she just did and one girl says "That's because It's NOT your car" (real snotty).

Sooooooooooo

Egg on my face.

The girl says then, "Yours is down there", and low and behold...  IDENTICAL in every way (color, year, etc.) except that mine is in good shape...  There sits my car by its lonesome.

I am a douche.

I can blame it on the alcohol...  But I won't.  I am merely an idiot.

I will say however that my Grandmother, my mother, and my aunt have ALL tried getting into a car that is NOT theirs at one point or another.  Don't feel bad.  

Only feel bad if it REALLY doesn't look a thing like your car...  Like wishful thinking that this were your car or something.  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 11:56 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 12:56 AM »
my "new" car I got over the summer, a 1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible, which is a dark green with a tan/gold top.  Very clean shape...  Like new really because it was some rich snot's car

Jon Voight?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 02:15 PM »
I can neither confirm nor deny it...

All I can say is I found a casette in the tapedeck mumbling something about, "my mission, should I choose to accept it, blah blah blah"...

I could see him...  his whispy hair blowing in the wind with the top down...  Being snotty.

Actually, some little girl owned the car, and literally didn't drive it for the last 7 years of its life (till I got it of course).  How about that huh?  $3400 for a car with only 58k on the odometer...  

Her newlywed husband wanted to sell it because it was deadweight to them...  They were buying a house and starting their life...  That kinda crap.

It was the mother's car first though,a nd in her name, but the mother's actually more the rich snot...  She didn't LIKE the car (or so I was told by the in-laws who had the car in their yard), and wanted something bigger, so she MADE her Husband buy her an SUV...  They gave the Le Baron to the daughter, the daughter then got a brand new jeep for her 18th Birthday or something, and the Le Baron went into storage in a garage for 7 years till I got it.

Ya know, I got a car from my parents I had to pay 50% of, pay all recurring expenses on, and it was a freakin' 1986 Plymouth Caravelle I didn't get to pick out that had been wrecked twice, had no A/C, bench seats, power NOTHING, and just sucked...

This girl was given two new cars in a short period of time for free....  

I guess I built character though, right? :)

And their spending got me a cheap car...  Can't complain.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 03:55 PM »
I can neither confirm nor deny it...

All I can say is I found a casette in the tapedeck mumbling something about, "my mission, should I choose to accept it, blah blah blah"...

Look in the glovebox.  There should be a pencil in there, with John Voight's teeth marks. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Crazy female car thieves in Michigan...
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 03:55 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only person getting senile around here (old fart Canucks obviously excluded).  I've done the same thing several times, but usually figure it out when my key doesn't fit in the door lock.  I've never been lucky enough to actually gain entrance to someone else's car.  But in the future Beth, hopefully you can be a bit more quiet so as not to wake any sleeping passengers, especially elder ones...

My bigger problem is just finding my car in the parking lot.  95% of the time when I come out of a store, I have NO IDEA whatsoever where the hell I parked.  I've spent a good amount of time walking up and down the parking lot aisles in search of it a good number of times.  You'd think I'd make more of an effort to make a mental note where I'm parking BEFORE I go into the store.   But no...   ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 09:39 PM »
There's something in the glovebox with teethmarks, but it's not a pencil...  

Dear God!  Shoulda cleaned that out when I got it I guess...