Author Topic: Hemish's Collection  (Read 20740 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: Hemish's Collection
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 01:29 AM »
Great collection Hemish!

This finally arrived in the mail

Did you get all four of those at once?  If so, wow.  I assume that's the SOTE Vader there.  What did they all cost you, if you don't mind my asking?  Whatever it was, well worth it.  Some of the top pieces of the modern line.  Congrats!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 03:23 AM »
hemish,

that's a pretty cool setup on those shelves. the way you have the figures lined up has a nice flow to it. you're a lucky guy to have a wife who would cooperate so nicely with you in getting them display. now where do I find such a gal? hah!

cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 12:54 PM »
I agree, thats a nice setup, very impressive. Keep us posted with more.  :)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2004, 08:32 PM »
now where do I find such a gal? hah!

cheers!
Well first you need to come to Australia.......................
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 11:59 PM »
Awesome.  Happy to see another nutbar with too many ships :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 07:18 PM »
Small Update
The house is still a mess with the lounge room covered in boxes , ships ets, so i took some pics of the stuff in the new toy room

First up is a picture i got from a con here last year called Supanova, the picture was drawn by an artist named Rebecca Clements, she is also doing another picture for me as well

Otc on the wall

I got another one of those shelving units and it's being shared with my stikfas at the moment
but here's a pic of the combined jedi from ep1 and saga line

The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2005, 08:20 PM »
I dig seeing all the carded OTC up on the wall together like that.  Very cool looking...

I also see that you have the last two stinking figures that I need to finish my modern carded collection off - the FF Weequay and Sandtrooper.  :-\   Are those the VHTF U.S./English versions there, or "just" the Tri-logos?

Cool stuff.  Keep it comin' Hemish...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2005, 09:50 PM »
 >:(

Damn dude. So many clones. Makes my 20 look weak.

Jerk.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2005, 06:34 PM »
I also see that you have the last two stinking figures that I need to finish my modern carded collection off - the FF Weequay and Sandtrooper.  :-\   Are those the VHTF U.S./English versions there, or "just" the Tri-logos?
They would be the US carded ones my friend , i needed about 66 to finish of the collection and DesertFox at scum was selling the lot for $400US so i just figured what the hell and picked up the full set from him to complete the collection, hence the extra Sandtrooper  ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Very impressive Hemish!

Looks like you might need a bigger house though!  :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Ok here we go
Finally got some stuff framed

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Awesome collection.  Where did you get the frames for the autographs?  That artwork is pretty sweet also.  Matt_Fury is right though-you need a bigger house! ;)
Beth

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 09:05 PM »
I got them framed professionally , the pictures dont do it justice because they really look spectacular, all up for those four frames i was up for $220 AUS
I figured if i 'm gonna display them on the walls do it right, so as each theatre wide was $65 to frame and i still have another 8 to go i'll get one  done a month.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Very nice additions!  Ever since C3, I've really started to take notice in the many great options for pictures/art for my walls.  And I agree, if you're going to frame something like those, you'd better do it right.   :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: May 4, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Very nice setup!! You have tons of ships, I love it! ;D It looks really cool to see that many together. The shelves look really cool and are organized very nicely.

There have been comments about you needing a bigger house, I wouldn't worry about it. If you run out of room just send what ever doesn't fit over to my house. I can "look after" it for awhile. ;) :P  :D
"This is the way."