Author Topic: Anakin in ROTJ now Hayden???  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Anakin in ROTJ now Hayden???
« on: May 18, 2004, 03:37 PM »
I guess Ain't It Cool News has a pic of Hayden being CGI'd into ROTJ.  I can't get the site to load but its an interesting thought.  Something you think is necessary?

I don't, the Old Anakin is perfect and looks like Hayden would 30 years later IMO

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Anakin in ROTJ now Hayden???
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 03:43 PM »
OK I guess its the end ghost scene that is now Anakin

« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 03:47 PM by OCB »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Oh well thats kinda cool - but I agree the old Anakin is fine.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 03:47 PM »
What I don't get...why not replace OB1 too

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 02:26 AM »
RnQR I think tossed out the idea that you die as the Jedi you last were, or something to that effect.

I dunno...  It's a tie-in, but I kind of liked the old Anakin too...

Then again, this isn't exactly something to get in a twist over either like the Han/Greedo thing or Luke's sissy scream.

I'm torn...  The debate over what to add or change to the classic trilogy is an old one for sure.  I'd personally welcome:

-Updated graphics on computer readouts/targeting displays in ships.
-Updated battles (ALL Major battles) to have more ships, troops, etc...  Like Hoth I could envision lines of infantry running with the AT-AT's, or the EU concept of speederbikes.  Some extra AT-ST's flanking the AT-AT's would be nice...  I don't want the existing stop-motion work messed with though.  It's CLASSIC and perfect if you ask me.  They just need some filler.

I'd take Ewoks too...  Add some Ewoks, change up the battle some.  

And in the space battle of Endor, add Rebel ships...  maybe (if he had some sense) tap the EU and stick an Imperial Interdictor Cruiser in there "holding" the Rebel Fleet there...  It serves a purpose and you can easily show it being blown to pieces in a background shot.  Some extra Reb ships would make it more balanced and climactic though.

I'd not mind seeing some Senate sequences intercut with ANH to show it being dissolved...  Or editing in a Holographic EMperor into the conversation where Vader Chokes out Motti like a b!tch.

If these are done RIGHT, they'd be great IMO.

I'd do what I could to enhance saber battles too...  Not over-do it, just do some small things to make them jive slightly more with the faster pace of the prequals.

And of course, edit BACK the Greedo scene, Luke's scream is deleted, touch up the Vader arrival in ESB so it's cleaner/more unique, and I'd add in a couple deleted scenes in their entirety AT LEAST on the bonus disc.

The Anchorhead sequence with Biggs, the Imperials/Wampas on Hoth, the Rebs/Wampas on Hoth, Jerjerrod/Vader/RG's on the DS2, and the Sandstorm farewell on Tatooine would all be things I'd like in their entirety.

Some expanded stuff on Jabba's Barge like the fight 3PO breaks up would be nice, and I'd not mind them adding the finished sequence of the Scout/Rebel disguised and Han/Troopers running gunfight DOWN the Corridor to the reactor.  Those are things that expand the time, and give you a better sense of how lng things take.

I'd really want a truly ULTIMATE DVD set.  It'd be putting to shame even the best that the LOTR trilogy would have to offer.

Alas, they appear to be working much harder on their DVD release(s).  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 08:08 AM »
Like I said in another topic, the movies will all be the original length, leaving no room for any extended our deleted scenes  but it has been touched up and tweaked in about a dozen scenes from what I have heard.  

SE Star Wars = 125 min
SE Empire = 124 min
SE Jedi = 138 min

Box Set = 387 min (no difference in length)

This is what we know:

1.  Ian McDirmid replaces the Emperor in ESB
2.  Anakin is added to the Jedi Spirt Scene
3.  The lightsaber battle in ANH has been cleaned up, and possibly sped up.
4.  Jabba from ANH has been cleaned up.
5.  Space scenes have been tweaked.
6.  Luke will unmask a battle damaged Anakin.

Anyone else know of any definite changes?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:31 AM by rebeltrader »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Honestly this change does kind of make sense. Though I grew up with the old guy Anakin, I could never understand why his spirit looked the way it did. He grew old as Vader, not as Anakin. Plus, if you take what Obi-Wan says, the transition of Anakin into Vader is what killed Anakin...so his presence in the force (without Vader) is the Anakin we know from the prequels.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 11:18 AM »
I just saw this pic as well, interesting to say the least.  I have read over at TF.N that there will likely be a number of changes to these DVDs, making them the "archival editions".  It is rumored that the most changes will be made in ANH, with a few others in the other movies.  I also see that Josh Griffin from the TF.N forums has said that the reason Anakin is young will be explained in Episode III, something to do with the fact that "dark side years" don't count against your Jedi spirit.  Something like that anyways :)

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Apparently Ep3 will establish the rules of the Jedi Spirits, so this seems like a continuity change. It looks ok, but they really should have added film grain to the Anakin image so it matches better with the older elements.

I'm not mad any more at the SE alterations. You know, fine. He can add/change/delete anything he pleases. It's "George's vision of the films as he sees them now".

That's fine and dandy. But, the further these films change over time, the more reason for there to be legal consumer versions of the original films. The movies we are seeing now can be (with the deletion of one actor and another's VO work) considered different movies. It's important to allow access to the previous version for their filmic historical value.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 02:48 PM »
RnQR's saying the Greedo scene's likely to have been changed...  I only can hope that and Luke's ninny scream are fixed.  They're the only 2 things that really irked me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 03:09 PM »
Those are my same biggest problems of all the changes in the SE’s. Both those changes, even seemingly small, alter our perception of the character’s behavior in the story. The Anakin headshot may actually make sense in the context of the PT-OT story (whether we like that story or not).

All indicators point to the Greedo scene being re-worked, but it sure sounds like it’s to polish what was attempted for the SE to begin with. So sad.

As a side note, I’m also expecting there to be a small uproar once the DVD is released over the soundtrack and music in ANH. Apparently, Ben Burtt (sound designer and the man given far too much editorial control over the PT in both positions of sound designer and editor) has gone back to the original stems, replacing, modifying, and updating the original sounds used with “cleaner” digital versions sourced from the analog FX. This should be a good thing overall, but opens a window for him to create more atrocities in the soundtrack, similar to the whining wuss-boy plunging scream in ESB. He seems to do this stuff unchecked. Also, my biggest issue is that he is biased towards his SFX work, and sacrifices score. The PT is considerably weighted towards SFX over music, and I fear that he’ll murder William’s score for ANH in the same way.

I have the unpleasant suspicion that the scream will stay in ESB, since evil Burtt is not doing any major rework of the soundtrack like for ANH. Again, so sad.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 05:16 PM »
I for one don't mind the changes that have been reported,if they are true.   I can totally understand and it makes perfect sense why "young" Anakin would be seen in "Jedi Spirits"  scene at the end of ROTJ.   A Jedi would pass onto as a "Spirit" in his last form in the Light Side of the Force,thus Anakin in EP.III before he turns to the Dark Side.  One thing is for sure,there will be ALOT of people crying Bloody Murder for that change.  

In the end,like stated above this is George Lucas's vision,and he will cut/add/destroy in some people eye's as he sees fit.   Whatever that vision is I will still love all 6 films,even if there are some very small things that irk me.  
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 11:17 PM »
I'm not all opposed to the changes, but they are a big reason why I dropped $45 for a DVD set of the original, original trilogy.  

The changes are fine, but a bit of a slap in the face to the original actor that played Anakin.  I'd be damn sure my agent/lawyer made sure I was still getting me my percentage, whether I was in the updated versions or not.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 11:17 AM »
I'm not all opposed to the changes, but they are a big reason why I dropped $45 for a DVD set of the original, original trilogy.  

The changes are fine, but a bit of a slap in the face to the original actor that played Anakin.  I'd be damn sure my agent/lawyer made sure I was still getting me my percentage, whether I was in the updated versions or not.  

I think he's gone the way of the Jedi Spirit himself.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram