Author Topic: International collecting is hard!  (Read 5219 times)

Offline batty

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
International collecting is hard!
« on: November 16, 2002, 03:54 PM »
Hello, I want to know why collectors in Sweden only get 8 basic figures, 4 dlx figures, 1 beast & 4 ships for our entire Saga collection?

We only got 1 Power of the Jedi figure.  I have asked all the toy stores in Stockholm why we don't get more, and they all blame their supplier in Denmark.  Is this right?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 08:55 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:collecting is hard.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 06:40 PM »
I'm sorry all of you guys gotta go through this just to collect... It definately sucks when you've got to order everything over the net especially when you're too young for a credit card or you dont want to use yours online.
I'd say the problem is simply that your distribution sucks, as is the case with most non-US locations, from what I've seen, Hasbro doesn't really care.

Offline DarthYoda

• Youngling
  • I Have A Bad Feeling About This
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 11:02 PM »
Hasbro doesn't seem to care. Collecting in the states is hard as well. Hasbro's shipments are sickening. One or two of the same figure pure case. That makes some figures very hard to find, and depending on where you live, well that makes it worse.
I was at K-mart today after work. They had 5 cases of figures. I had the stalk person open all of them. Each case  was a bit different. Two of them had One Yoda in it each, three boxes had four Darth Maul figures each, witch are starting to be very easy to find and the rest were peg warmers. Darth Maul was a very hard to find figure in my area, but now since they put more in each case they are everywhere. My "Toy's R Us" never got the Silver R2-D2. I ask every store manager about things like this. I always get the same answer they have no controle over what they get and when they get it.

Bottom line is Hasbro needs to do a better job on stalking cases with even amount of figures pure case, and getting them to where they need to go.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2002, 02:45 AM »
Hasbro never cares. Collecting is hard all over the world.
Too many exclusives & only released in stores that don't exsist in others country's. It's a shame.  :(

Offline delvec

• Youngling
  • I rule!!!- You DROOL!!!
    • View Profile
    • TheJawa.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 01:47 PM »
Yeah but this has to be one of the worst!
I feel for ya dude- that really sucks.

Try and hook up with people in forum classifieds-
they are using REAL collectors who just like to help people out.

Offline Koda

• Youngling
  • Live to Collect
    • View Profile
    • Snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 10:02 PM »
Hmmm can Hasbro head office fire everyone @ Hasbro Canada? And whats up, Canada is the only country with out a Hasbro website (or so it seems) They seem to like to recycle the first few waves up here and don't ship anything new. The stores have lots of figures, too bad they are the same ones that were availble in Aprill 2002.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 4, 2003, 02:30 PM »
It definately sucks when you've got to order everything over the net especially when you're too young for a credit card or you dont want to use yours online.

That is totally true. :'(
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: collecting is hard.
« Reply #7 on: February 7, 2004, 03:26 AM »
Hasbro sends out very few cases and its hard with all the scalpers around...
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline JediMateo

• Youngling
  • Use the Fork, Luke, the Fork!
    • View Profile
Re: collecting is hard.
« Reply #8 on: March 6, 2004, 09:22 PM »
Don't place the blame solely on Hasbro. Stores buy their product in bulk when they sell out of their previous inventory. Hence the fact that we will sit there staring at the same repacks until they unload them all.