Author Topic: TRU Naboo 4 Pack  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
TRU Naboo 4 Pack
« on: April 30, 2004, 10:56 AM »
TRU.com

Has the Naboo 4 Pack up for preorder...

Captain Tarpals w/ Kaadu
Battle Droid
Naboo Royal Guard
Gungan Soldier

I'll pass but its good for those that need some army builders!

SilverZ

Re: TRU Naboo 4 Pack
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 01:54 PM »
Hey, that's an actual useful 4-pack. Still nothing I really need, but at least its not a turd. If, on the off-chance, the Kaadu has the feather thingy on it, like the end of the movie, I'll happily pick one up.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Well ain't that a b!tch.  Now that there's finally a themed set that really has the potential to get a couple key VHTF figures back out to the masses (Battle Amidala, Sio Bibble), Hasbro FINALLY rolls with an ALL army-building set, which is what a lot of us have been wanting with the prior sets...  Go figure.   :-\

At least the HTF Naboo Royal Guard is in this one, so that's a good start, I guess.  But knowing Hasbro, they probably goofed, and it'll wind up being the very common Naboo Royal Security figure.   ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 03:00 PM »
Well, they said that the helmet was one of the included accessories.  The Naboo Royal Security guard had a hat, while the Naboo Royal Guard had a helmet.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 03:03 PM »
I am starting my loose collection again…or at least getting some of the better figures to display.  The Naboo Royal Guard was always one of my favourite figures and looks a bit silly carded IMHO, so it will be good to get one loose again.  It was never very easy to find here, so this set could be the better bet for me.  That was one figure I really hated to sell, but I needed the money at the time.

I also liked the POTJ Gungan Warrior, so I wonder if a version of that (perhaps a rescultp) will be in this set? I hope so, again another figure I was sad to see go.  

BD’s are always good to have. I’ve still got my Tarpals so I chuck one of them out, depending on the sculpt.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 03:23 PM »
Truth be told, the Gungan that I really want is the one that was packed in with the Fambaa!  While I do in fact have 4 Fambaa's, I've never opened any of them, so I'd like to get this Gungan loose if possible.  And if anyone is wondering what you do with 4 Fambaa's, it's for when I'm able to have a ping-pong table sized display of the Gungans battling the Trade Federation on Naboo.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 03:27 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 04:26 PM »
I have two Fambaas and they are opened.  If you ever decide to sell 1-2 of those, let this Wookie know! ;)

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Yes!!!

This is officially the first 4 pack that I'm going to buy, and I'm going to get a few of them.

Dressel's questions:

Which battledroid?

Which gungan?

Naboo Royal Guard or Naboo Security?

If it's fambaa gungan and naboo royal guard (maybe with a new head?) I'm super stoked.  I'd get 5 sets at least.

None of the previous 4 packs have come even close to peaking interest.  This one sounds great.

EDIT:  It's definitely Naboo Royal Guard.  I wonder if it'll be the goatee head sculpt or a new one.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 09:15 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2004, 12:09 AM »
To me, this set doesn't sound too bad, and considering the lack of Naboo junk for some time it's sort of welcome.

I mean, a Tarpals with Kaadu's always been a "base" custom people have done...  Simple legswap and some painting, so why not just pick one up from Hasbro if you can, ya know?  Sounds like a plan to me.

The Royal Guard I'm disinterested in, if only because the figure itself sorta sucks to me.  It's pre-posed, awkwardly sculpted...  I had little interest in it, and really the only good coming of it is if you DON'T have the figure and they don't change it.  If they do then people will still want the original really bad too.

The Gungan Soldier's cool...  Why not, ya know?  I have a few POTJ ones in a neat line fighting some BD's marching into combat...  Looks good, and I won't complain about adding another to the ranks.  I agree that if it's the Faamba pack-in that would rock.  I would like a little diversity and the figure's were near equal in quality anyway.

The BD is cool too...  I'd like it to be capable of standing without wilting over time though, like so many of them do.  

Any extra accessories coming?  Hmmm...  Maybe the shoulder bag, and bi-ocular thing for the scout that were due out in the 2nd wave of Accessory sets will be packed in?  One can wish.

The only complaint I can come up with on this idea is that Naboo was dull overall.   :-\  Not exactly a winning moment in the saga, so a 4-pack loses some steps with me there, still this is a far better set than the last 2 at least, or 3 possibly even.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2004, 03:20 PM »
This sounds like a very good pack. I'll be getting this, I think.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2004, 04:02 PM »
I think, if I see this...I may get it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2004, 09:03 PM »

Kevin

God knows that one thing I have never had trouble finding has been TRU 4 packs.

:D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2004, 10:57 AM »

Kevin

I've had a bad run when it comes to TRU 4 Packs. I think I'll just go through Amazon.com for this one.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2004, 11:59 AM »

Kevin

I've had a bad run when it comes to TRU 4 Packs. I think I'll just go through Amazon.com for this one.

Kevin

This is shocking to me.  All the TRUs in my area still have pretty much all of these 4 packs, complete with the dust film on them.  None have been clearanced yet, and I still haven't purchased any of them because they're all basically rehashes with a gimmick thrown in to try to get me to buy 3 or 4 figures that I already have.  Some of them I'd buy clearanced.  None of them I'd buy at full price.

This idea of the Naboo 4 pack is the only one I'd buy at full price so far.  It's got pure army building potential.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2004, 12:00 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2004, 12:02 PM »
I have two Fambaas and they are opened.  If you ever decide to sell 1-2 of those, let this Wookie know! ;)

:P

Or he'll rip your arms out of their sockets.  

CHEWIE equates not acquiring your fambaas, to losing.