Author Topic: If You Lost Your Collection....  (Read 8889 times)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: If You Lost Your Collection....
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I've scaled back in a few things I collect. With the Kubricks, i've ditched all my high-end exclusives/carded/chases and now just stick to the main series and 400% pieces...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I think I would stick with kubricks, and collect a very limited number of Hasbro items. I've given up on the GG bust line, bust-ups, and carded figures (with a few exceptions). The gentle giant stuff is great, but the amount of product they have been pumping out is starting to put them in the Hasbro category of "too much is too much." That is before mentioning their exclusives and collectors club fiascos.
Like JoshEEE said, there are some items in my collection I would feel too guilty parting with. I have made trades and asked favors to get some of them, and it would feel disloyal to let them go. I have with a few things I just didn't have room for or interest in anymore, but I try to avoid it.
Also I think I would bail on all but a few of the ships. They look just as good (sometimes better) in the smaller scales (titanium and the old galoob action fleet) and take up a lot less room and money.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2007, 08:52 PM »
Assuming that I received some damage money from whatever destroyed my collection, I would try to build back all of it.  Getting back a loose version of each figure from vintage to present would be my first concern.  Ugh, don't even want to think about something like this.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2007, 10:29 PM »
mine's all insured with my card collection=50,000 if lost it all.I pay about 125.00 dollars per year.+I have some very old Mickey mouse items on that and antiques.
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2007, 08:11 AM »
If I lost everything I wouldn't go back and replace the stuff I had from the Hasbro lines.  With how much product they are putting out lately, they will either re-release it in the next few years, or they will release a newer, better version hopefully.  I'm buying the Hasbro lines right now for my kids. If it were all lost, I would wait to see if they are even interested in the 3 3/4 inch line, and if so, only buy what they want.  For my own personal collection, I would continue on the Master Replicas route and collect the FX sabers, but I would also add the hilts to my wish list.

I'm moving in the next few months, so I will be very interested to see how much of the stuff (hopefully none) is damaged as a result of the move.  Here's to hoping I packed it all well enough!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!