Author Topic: Chronicling the construction of my Collection Room  (Read 12926 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Chronicling the construction of my Collection Room
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 04:56 AM »
Coming along nicely!  How much longer do you anticipate until you feel like you're close to a finished state?  Must feel good though just making some progress.  A lot of my collection is boxed up due to lack of space.  Hopefully I'll have some more space when we get a new place next year.

Once I finish putting stuff up on this last bookcase I have (off to the right of the vintage bookcases) I'll be close enough to a finished state that I'll be content. The thing is there will be stuff that I won't be able to put up, mostly old POTF2 figures, so the entire collection won't be completely displayed, no biggie there though. What I won't be entirely happy with is the lack of space for some dioramas I'd like to do, especially the Battle of Hoth and the Emperor's Arrival (of which I do plan to take a picture of just for poops and giggles), There's going to be space right under my windows, but that's more likely to be taken up by some boxes, most notably the Saga Imperial Shuttle box and the shipping case for the Naboo Royal Starship each of which will have many smaller boxes inside. It definitely feels good to have made such a huge jump in progress, from where I was in July to where I am now. I was getting such a huge itch to put the Vintage up, but one thing or another kept getting in the way. As you'll soon find out when you have your collection out of their cardboard prisons, it can be an exhilirating feeling.

So what's with the vintage figure in the clear baggie in the top right corner?  Also, has your Max Rebo really faded that much?  Or is there something weird about that figure that I don't know about?  Haven't pulled my vintage one out in years, but hopefully it hasn't deteriorated in a similar manner.

Keep the ideas coming!

The vintage figure in the clear baggie is a Brown haired Bespin Luke in a Kenner baggie. I had bought it off of ebay for dirt cheap and had intended to open it to have a loose Bespin Luke in my collection, but then I went and found a loose and complete Blonde Hair Bespin Luke incl. the blue backpack at a comic shop for next to nothing. So with the blonde Luke in tow, I just never opened up the brown Luke and have grown attached to it being in it's "original" state. Yeah my Max Rebo has faded that bad, I can't recall if he looked that faded when I picked the set up a few years back, but unfortunately time has not been kind to ol Maxie. As far as I have seen on the net, most Max Rebo's when they fade will tend to do so as badly as mine has. Sometime down the road, I'd like to replace him with crisper one, but first I'd like to finish up the loose figures collection before swapping out poor conditioned ones. Some of these figs are from my childhood and are pretty beat up, especially the Bespin Han.

Thanks again to everyone for all the comments, I'm happy to see the interest in my long journey.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 04:57 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2004, 02:41 AM »
Hi All,  another small update to the Chronicles. Just some random stuff, including my mock diorama of the Emperor's Arrival. Enjoy!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2004, 04:09 PM »
Coming along nicely!  How much longer do you anticipate until you feel like you're close to a finished state?  Must feel good though just making some progress.  A lot of my collection is boxed up due to lack of space.  Hopefully I'll have some more space when we get a new place next year.

Once I finish putting stuff up on this last bookcase I have (off to the right of the vintage bookcases) I'll be close enough to a finished state that I'll be content. The thing is there will be stuff that I won't be able to put up, mostly old POTF2 figures, so the entire collection won't be completely displayed, no biggie there though. What I won't be entirely happy with is the lack of space for some dioramas I'd like to do, especially the Battle of Hoth and the Emperor's Arrival (of which I do plan to take a picture of just for poops and giggles), There's going to be space right under my windows, but that's more likely to be taken up by some boxes, most notably the Saga Imperial Shuttle box and the shipping case for the Naboo Royal Starship each of which will have many smaller boxes inside. It definitely feels good to have made such a huge jump in progress, from where I was in July to where I am now. I was getting such a huge itch to put the Vintage up, but one thing or another kept getting in the way. As you'll soon find out when you have your collection out of their cardboard prisons, it can be an exhilirating feeling.

So what's with the vintage figure in the clear baggie in the top right corner?  Also, has your Max Rebo really faded that much?  Or is there something weird about that figure that I don't know about?  Haven't pulled my vintage one out in years, but hopefully it hasn't deteriorated in a similar manner.

Keep the ideas coming!

The vintage figure in the clear baggie is a Brown haired Bespin Luke in a Kenner baggie. I had bought it off of ebay for dirt cheap and had intended to open it to have a loose Bespin Luke in my collection, but then I went and found a loose and complete Blonde Hair Bespin Luke incl. the blue backpack at a comic shop for next to nothing. So with the blonde Luke in tow, I just never opened up the brown Luke and have grown attached to it being in it's "original" state. Yeah my Max Rebo has faded that bad, I can't recall if he looked that faded when I picked the set up a few years back, but unfortunately time has not been kind to ol Maxie. As far as I have seen on the net, most Max Rebo's when they fade will tend to do so as badly as mine has. Sometime down the road, I'd like to replace him with crisper one, but first I'd like to finish up the loose figures collection before swapping out poor conditioned ones. Some of these figs are from my childhood and are pretty beat up, especially the Bespin Han.

Thanks again to everyone for all the comments, I'm happy to see the interest in my long journey.

Cheers!

FYI, my loose Max Rebo is exactly the same way.  The arms I believe are made from a different plastic.  I've seen others that are the same way, fairly common.  Nature of the beast.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2004, 12:22 AM »
It's so much fun to see how these projects come together!  I recently finished my Star Wars room, which took me a few months to do.  I don't have nearly enough room (but do we ever?), but overall I'm pretty pleased with it.  Funny thing is though, that you're never really done because there's always new acquisitions to add!  That being said, it sure feels good when you finally release your toys from their "cardboard prisons" after having them stored for so many years.   Keep up the great work and continue to show us the changes you may make!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2004, 10:43 PM »
It's so much fun to see how these projects come together!  I recently finished my Star Wars room, which took me a few months to do.  I don't have nearly enough room (but do we ever?), but overall I'm pretty pleased with it.  Funny thing is though, that you're never really done because there's always new acquisitions to add!  That being said, it sure feels good when you finally release your toys from their "cardboard prisons" after having them stored for so many years.   Keep up the great work and continue to show us the changes you may make!

It sure is, the joy of freeing the figures from their cardboard and plastic coffins is only matched to being able to display them. You're absolutely right, we're never done with our collection displays, I've gotta begin making space now for Episode 3, d'oh! So do you have any pics of your collection up for viewing, would eb cool to see.

Cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2004, 01:32 AM »
Hi All,

I've got another update this time, as I've finished putting up toys on the last of my bookcases as well as filling out some shelves on other cases. Several scene displays are included in this including a neat Rebel Hangar.

Thanks for viewing!

Edit: I've been told the links to the individual pages may not show up, so here's a link to Page 3 with the latest update: http://home.comcast.net/~negatech1/colroom/page3.htm
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 02:54 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin