Author Topic: Collectors who pay too much, this makes me crazy, and YOU: sigh.  (Read 14381 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
wow. that's a little - no, actually, a lot - insane. i'm an "army builder" and all that nonsense, but i would never spend that much on 8 figures. yeah, the super articulated clone is hard to find, but that is ridiculous. that's a little over $17 each, for loose figures. hey dude - if you're reading this - i think i have a few extras that i could let go for $17 each - make it $15 each, i'll cut you a "deal".

**note: this sale offer is only being sarcastic. i have no extra clone troopers, and if i did, i certainly wouldn't offer them for that much money.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Yeah and I can get him a good deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Eh, don't be hatin', I paid 90 for a lot of 8 SA's when they came out. However these were in mint condition, and seeing as how these are genuenly rare I'd say 130 isn't that outragous. I paid 100 for a mint lot of 10 Mottis from Brians Toys in 2002.
To each his own I guess.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
$17.50 a figure, about...  Depends on your POV I guess, like Vator said, but it is irritating to see people go over the top on some things, as it feeds the trolls as it were.

This seems more like someone dumping figures he no longer wants than "scalping" though of course...  Otherwise, why sell loose, ya know?

Ultimately, I am semi-confident these will be re-released, and I think the buyer will be disappointed at his purchase when that $140 could've subsequently gotten him a LOT more with some patience.  I'm doubting Hasbro skips the boat on repacking this figure eventually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
This is WAY too high.  Especially for loose pieces.  Even moreso since I traded a Dengar for an SA Clone Trooper yesterday, retail value for retail value.

One thing to consider is that the seller may actually have friends who are bidding on the auction to drive the price up.  This sort of thing happens on eBay all too often, and it's almost impossible to track.  It's because of things like this that I don't use ePay.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2004, 10:04 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.

Probably the type of fan who buys jars of Vaseline labeled 'Mynock Spit'.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Don't be so harsh.  It's a newbie on ebay to boot.  Only a feedback of 1, so not that experienced yet.  Besides, maybe the buyer is from Canada or overseas where this item was never available.  I haven't had great luck obtaining these bad boys, only two in my possession as it stands.  $10 for a HTF fig is not bad for me, maybe for some $17 is not that bad, perhaps somewhere in Europe or New Zealand or the like.  

Patience, in all things.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Ouch...that is crazy.  Especially because I don't think Hasbro will be dumb enough NOT to release these in some form down the road.  I think I have 9 and I just traded 2 of them for the Endor Wave.  Maybe I should have asked for more...$25 too :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

It's actually $18 (exactly) per figure, with the $5 shipping cost tacked on...   ;)

Yeah, I'd say that's a bit outrageous, especially just for loose figures.  I understand the SA Clones are a tough find, as are the Red ARC Troopers, but c'mon!  But to each their own, and if this fella's got that kinda money, and wants to army build with a VHTF figure, then power to him.

I'd guess there's just not too many "lots" up for sale for the SA Clone, so when they do occasionally pop up, they can run at a bit of a premium, since you usually can't get more than just a couple of these figures at a time in most auctions.

And I've contended all along, as Scott pointed out above, that Hasbro can't possibly be so stupid as to never release this incredible and highly demanded figure again.  It's gotta be coming again at some point, so just try to be patient, and I'm sure your armies will be rewarded with some cheap (retail) additions to their ranks sometime in the not so distant future...   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Maybe I should put up a lot of five loose red ARC's :-* ;D

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
this, the red arc, and the emporer are the only 2003 figures I need yet from the basic line.

But in no way would I pay $18 for a LOOSE clone.  I will go 10 and thats the highest I'll go on any basic figure.  

...Maybe someday.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Allow me to be of service.  I'll send you a loose red clone for retail and shipping.  Retail up here is $6 though.  Pm me if you want it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Does this mean I could get 70+ for my five?  I'd sell them in a heartbeat for that - set the money aside, then buy 3 four packs when they finally start selling them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Wow, that is nuts.

I'd pay maybe $10 for new ones.

:P