(1/6) > >>

Pistol Pete:
Both in person and on TV is fine

In Person and on TV!

Baseball Barry Bonds
Football Joe Montana
Hockey Wayne Gretzky
Basketball Magic Johnson

Never got to see Bird or Jordan play live and I'd say Jordan is better than Bird so he is my TV choice.  The rest though are definite locks both ways.  

Morgbug:
Hockey:  Gretzky.  Got to see Bobby Hull play quite a bit and Gordie Howe, but both were well past their prime.

Basketball: Bird, has to be Bird.  Never saw Jordan either though yes, a better player.  Missed Magic and Kareem as well.  

Baseball:  Kirby Puckett.  Pre wife beater.  

Football: Fran Tarkenton.  Yes, for real.  The only NFL game I have ever been to.  

Those are all in person.  On TV or otherwise is too tough to rank, mostly because I go back too far and you can't have very good Jordan vs Russell vs Mikan vs Robertson conversations.  

Jeff:
I'll stick with the best I got to see live (not on TV).

Football:
Joe Montana - man, could he run that West Coast offense.

NHL:
The Great One - I pity anyone that neve got to see him skate at a game.  No matter where he was on the ice, he could find an open person for a pass.

Baseball:
Kirby Puckett - By far the best I've see.  Although, I'd give a nod to Nolan Ryan.  I loved watching him pitch.  40-yr old dude striking out 200+ a season (just like The Rocket is doing now).

Basketball:
Jordan.  I saw Bird and Magic on TV a lot, but never saw them in person at a game.  His Air-ness was incredible though.  I remember him being really tall, but that was probably because I was shorter.

Jeff

Force Guy:
Let's see, way back, I saw Steve Young play when he was with BYU.  I've also seen Tim Duncan do his magic on the court.    

Jesse James:
I've seen the true great one play...  

Mario Lemieux.  

And he's still magic to watch play...  Never lost a step.

I've also seen many MANY other great NHLers play, including Gretzky, but nothing and nobody will top Lemieux to me.  I've witnessed first-hand his skill on the ice.  I've never seen anyone parallel  him.

Beyond that...  I've seen some great football players.  Pittsburgh's been known to sport some of the best, even in our off years like last year.  Jerome Bettis is my fav currently, and though he had a tough year last year he's still one of the all-time great RB's.  Miss the old Jerome is all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version