Author Topic: Hero  (Read 1316 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Hero
« on: June 12, 2004, 09:59 PM »
No, not the Dustin Hoffman movie, the "Couching Tiger Hidden Dragon" styled film starring Jet Li (you may have seen trailers before Kill Bill Vol 2). I just picked up the official dvd today and watched it. The movie is pretty darn good. Interesting story, and only the second film I've seen where flying swordsman fits the story. If you hated/disliked Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, or the flying scenes in said movie, you probably wont care for Hero. If you enjoy a good mystical fairy tale type warrior movie, ala CTHD, I'd recommend it...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Hero
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 10:32 PM »
My friend's got it on DVD from the foreign release... I want to see this movie soooooo bad but decided to just wait for it in theaters here.

I keep watching the trailer over and over.

It looks amazing.

Thank Quentin Tarentino for pushing for a U.S. release.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 10:59 PM »
Yeah, I'll definitely check it out in the theaters. There is a lot of story at the beginning, but everything's in kanjji, so ya dont know what it says. It's a cool movie though. A few of the sfx are kind of subpar, but pretty cool overall.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 02:21 AM »
I'm in love with the shot in the trailer of the entire army surrounding Li as they walk with him, swords and staffs pointed, to what I assume is the capital of whatever city he's going for his revenge on...

When's the U.S. release going to happen???

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 02:32 AM »
i picked up the foreign release on dvd a while back, but i will definitely be going to the theater to see this. what a great movie. very original storyline (at least i thought so) and i really didn't figure it out until the very end. awesome flick.

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 02:41 AM »
There must be some Hero karma going around. I just got the R2 2-disc release on Wednesday, as a blind purchase. Weird.

It's certainly a beautiful movie, but it didn't have the same impact as CTHD for me. The soundtrack is also very impressive. Totally agree that those who dug CTHD will probably enjoy it, but those who didn't click with that flick may want to stay away.