Author Topic: New JD poll - OTC: What will you be buying?  (Read 6562 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
New JD poll - OTC: What will you be buying?
« on: May 15, 2004, 05:58 AM »
Just put a new poll up on JD's main page regarding the new OTC checklist of 38 figures, and your purchasing plans related thereto...  We've all been discussing the matter here in the forums, but stop by and cast your vote in our JD poll too (only 1 per person please), so we can forward the results along to Hasbro and let them know what you all really think of their upcoming OTC line!  Here's your choices:

• I'm an obsessive compulsive carded completist, so I'll be buying every last one of 'em!
  • Just the NEW stuff.  Dagobah and Bespin waves only for me!
  • Dagobah and Bespin waves of course, plus some more army builders from the rest.
  • Dagobah and Bespin waves, plus some select carded ones just 'cause they look so cool!
  • Screw this.  Hasbro sucks.  I quit!
So stop by and let your voices be heard!   8)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 06:01 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Re: New JD poll - OTC: What will you be buying?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 11:41 PM »

• I'm an obsessive compulsive carded completist, so I'll be buying every last one of 'em!
If it wasn't for the Beautiful Vintage style cardbacks with figure specific backgound,I would only buy the new figs and some of the rehashes that I missed out on.(Clean Biker Scout,IG-88,Jawa's)  I am VERY dissappointed though that Hasbro decided to re-release the POTF2 Bib,Gamorrean Guard,Imperial Scanning Tech without a more modern resculpt/articulation. >:(  I guess if they release Veers as some reports say,it WILL be the horrible exclusive AT-AT pack in,Ack! So much for removeable Helmet,and snap on armor. :'(
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 01:17 PM »
I quit a while ago so I'm staying quit
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 04:01 PM »
I will definitely be buying the army builders for the most part...some repacks I do not have yet and those I will purchase most definitely...the new for sure as well...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Good poll idea....I'm still wavering on what I will all pick up.  I will for sure pick up the new figures, if I find them, as well as a few of the repacks that I missed out on during their initial release (Slave Leia, possibly Bib, Gam Guard, etc.)  Also, if I don't find the last couple Saga waves, I'll pick those up on the new cards as well (and Bespin Luke if it is a "clean" version).  Otherwise, it might just be a select few (like a Han and a Chewie), just to keep carded.  It will be a tough call, I really like the cards and would like to get them all...but I don't think I can justify spending that much (to myself or to the wife) on figures I already have.  So for me, its the 7 new guys, and a few select others.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 04:44 PM »
  • Dagobah and Bespin waves, plus some select carded ones just 'cause they look so cool!
This is my vote. When I actually get in the store and stare at the repacks in new packaging, we'll see how much will power I have  :-*.

Beth

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 09:05 AM »
Just the new stuff, Dagobah and Bespin Waves.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 07:32 PM »
I will definitely be buying the army builders for the most part...some repacks I do not have yet and those I will purchase most definitely...the new for sure as well...

The man speaks the truth, I will be doing the same thing.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 10:39 AM »
I'll be buying the VOTC figures in duplicate (to open one...)  - any NEW sculpts in duplicate and any paint jobs that make a few figure in duplicate.

I won't buy a single repack - vehicle or otherwise.

Except possibly for some army builders - but not many.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 05:51 PM »
I'm not much different from KBZ I don't believe.

I will buy perhaps a CT STormie or two...  It's a solid figure, and I'm making hand/blaster sets for it myself customizing-wise so it's even better.

I'm pondering others...  I mean, I may buy a Gammorean just to build the ranks.  I got 2 for $2 each at the local Toy Show last month though...  So.....

I'll buy at least one of the new figures each.  Maybe two depending on the fodder potential of any single one of them.  Lobot's legs, Luke's torso, etc...

The Luke X-Wing I may buy...  I cut the teeth from one already though, and it looks fine.  

The Bespin Luke I never liked in the first place.  His stance is too wide for my tastes and he sports an action feature that's horrible.  His holster was awkward too.  Whoever sculpted him didn't do too swift there.  A clean version's unique though, and wouldn't look bad dueling a Vader figure on a shelf.

Beyond that limited buying though, my $'s devoted to OTC and what's coming next year.  And of course military figures which BBi's got some dandy's coming out in 1:18 before TOO long.  Hell, some are shipping now even.

Oh, and I'd pick up a TIE Pilot and extras of the Endor wave if I saw them and needed the pieces.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2004, 01:21 AM »
Only parts of the Dagobah and other new wave. I've really cut back on my 3 3/4 stuff and focus mainly on the unleash for SW. I am also way more excited about the new stuff coming out this summer and fall for LOTR TB 6 inch figures.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2004, 12:13 PM »
Well I am interested in getting all of the VOTC figures.  Not sure how that will pan out though since that's $120 at least.  More likely I will have to pick and choose.  Definitely want Vader, Han, Luke, Leia - oh hell I want em all :)  

OTC - Bespin and Dagobah waves for certain.  I will probably get the clean Biker Scout, Luke (Bespin) since it's a clean version now.  Whatever figures I've not been able to get on the blue Saga cards like - Madine, Han (AT-ST), Luke(Palace), etc.    Most of the repack stuff I won't be getting like Wicket, Bib, Scanning Crew, etc.  

Cantina 3 Packs - If they make em I want them.  Especially if Kitik is released and the rumored Blue Snaggletooth.

Sandcrawler - I want this but I don't know where I'm going to get $50 or whatever it is to pay for that thing.  The other ships I'll leave alone.  

12inch figs - Tempted to get Fett for the box alone.  Hope they change the blue outfit underneath the armor.  Otherwise I just really like it.  The other ones just don't interest me.  Plus I have an old Luke box allready.  

Buddies - I like them but don't want more.  
Lightsabers - No.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004, 01:24 PM »
I will be buying all the VOTC figures, plus the Dagobah and Bespin OTC wave, plus the clean Biker Scout, Bib Fortuna, Wicket and the R2 and 3PO that were just out in the HOF line (because HOF were only sold by the case of 12 over here).

Basically only what I don't already have on a first issue (ie. proper  ;)) card.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 10:52 AM »
I will be buying every OTC figure that comes out, hopefully there will be more besides the 38 or 39 we've seen so far. What can I say, I'm a semi-completist that's a sucker for a pretty package, no matter what's inside. On the other side of the coin I'll be skipping the entire V-OTC altogether. Go figure? I guess I now know exactly how little I appreciate super-articulated, soft goods STAR WARS figures.

SilverZ

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 05:41 PM »
My hat is off to you guys that have the restraint to only buy what you need/like. I wish I was able to do that, but I'm such a sucker for the new packaging that I'll buy whatever they throw my way.